Constipation in a child is a problem that almost all parents face. Consider effective drugs for its elimination, their classification, the mechanism of action.
Disorders of the bowels in children are very common, which is why parents should control the baby's chair, that is, how often he walks "big". From a year and a half of age and older, bowel movements should be 1-2 times a day. If there is a tendency to constipation, the intervals between defecations increase, and the emptying itself causes difficulties and painful sensations.
There are a number of factors that signal a violation of bowel function:
- Children under three years of age go to the toilet less than once a week.
- Children older than three years have fewer than three defecations a week.
- There are pains in the abdomen, the baby becomes restless and often cries.
- Exercise occurs with straining and painful sensations.
- The chair has a pathological character: it is separated by small and dry fragments, is formed into a very dense mass in the form of a cylinder.
- Emptying is not complete.
If all these manifestations are of a systematic nature, then this is an occasion to turn to the pediatrician. Constipation appears due to the slow passage of stool mass through the intestine. There are many reasons for this condition and it can occur at any age. The doctor conducts diagnostics of the patient's condition, appoints a series of tests (blood, coprogram, urine, feces for helminths) and gives direction to the necessary specialists (surgeon, endocrinologist, neurologist, gastroenterologist).
Drops from constipation for children are used most often, since they are prescribed from birth. To date, the pharmaceutical market has many medicines that can be used for problems with defecation. So, for children under three years of age, laxatives are prescribed on the basis of lactulose, various antispasmodics and prokinetics. With propensity for constipation, cholagogue preparations are shown on a plant basis, various lactobacilli and bifidobacteria.