Bread for pancreatitis: black, white, rye, with bran
Bread is a strategic product for any nation. The history of our people contains the sad fact of mass starvation in the 32-33 years of the last century. It has always been thought that there is bread, there will be no hunger, because it is a source of carbohydrates, protein, gives us energy for daily activities. Now on the shelves of many varieties for every taste. But how to understand them to people who are forced to limit their diet due to pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract?
Disorders in the pancreas also requires a careful approach to their diet. Let's talk whether it is possible to eat bread at all at pancreatitis.
- Bread for acute pancreatitis
As is known, in the acute phase of pancreatitis, a patient for several days is completely deprived of all nutrition. After that, bread is included in the menu, but only white flour from yesterday's pastry flour is allowed. After a steady improvement, bread of their 2nd grade flour is allowed, and later rye varieties.
- Bread for cholecystitis and pancreatitis
Often the inflammatory process in the gallbladder and pancreas is triggered by the same reasons, so the diseases manifest in parallel. For them, the principles of nutrition are common, and their proper organization is an integral part of pathology therapy. All that concerns the diet for pancreatitis, applies to cholecystitis, including the use of bread. Banned fresh bread, baking.
- Bread during exacerbation of pancreatitis
For the chronic course of the disease, along with the remission phase, exacerbations are also characteristic. Naturally, during this period, it is necessary to minimize the load on the organ and limit to 200g of wheat products per day. At the end of rehabilitation, you can increase the dose to 300g.
The main argument in favor of bread - it gives a feeling of fullness. If running away to work you eat a sandwich, then it is quite possible to withstand until lunchtime. Its biological value is in the presence of fiber, which provides intestinal peristalsis, many vitamins (A, H, B, E, PP), micro- and macronutrients (iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, iodine, etc.), irreplaceable amino acids. It normalizes the microflora, removes toxins, toxins, cholesterol.
I wouldn’t have to talk about the dangers of bread, if we made it ourselves from varieties of rye wholemeal flour, without any additives on sourdough. Since in modern technologies there are many tricks that allow it to be fresh longer, to have a better presentation, then the value of bread is questionable. The alarming factors include:
- the presence of yeast (yeast promotes putrefaction in the intestine, due to its vital activity, it consumes the nutrients needed by the body, increases the acidity of the stomach, removes calcium from the bones, contains heavy metals used in production);
- the use of refined flour, as a result of this process, many of its useful properties are lost;
- gluten, which can cause allergies (celiac disease);
- food additives (preservatives, dyes, flavors);
- vegetable oils, from which carcinogenic substances are formed as a result of baking;
- trans fats are present in margarine, which is involved in recipes.
What kind of bread do you have for pancreatitis?
Let us dwell more specifically on the varieties of bread in the trade network, which of them can be allowed for pancreatitis, and which should be discarded:
- pancreatic black bread - baked from rye flour. It is not allowed for exacerbations, because promotes the production of enzymes that cleave peptide bonds between amino acids of proteins, which leads to the destruction of their own tissues. Only with a stable remission is allowed to eat 100g per day of yesterday's baking;
- "Borodino" bread with pancreatitis - it is baked from a mixture of wheat and rye flour of the 2nd grade in a scalded way. It is very useful due to polyunsaturated fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins and trace elements in its composition. Suitable for patients with pancreatitis;
- white bread with pancreatitis is allowed, and the conditions for its consumption are described above;
- wholegrain bran bread (unrefined) for pancreatitis is allowed, but it should not contain solid particles in the form of sunflower seeds, nuts, sesame, various spices and spices. And it is better if it is slightly dried;
- Unleavened bread for pancreatitis is the most healthy of the rye flour, on sour or hop sourdough. In addition to these ingredients, only water and some salt are present. The acidity of such bread can be reduced by a small amount of soda, in which case it will not cause excessive secretion of pancreatic juice. Freshly baked it, too, can not be eaten;
- hearth bread for chronic pancreatitis - the so-called home-baked bread in the oven. To do this, it was heated to 200 ° C, then the coals were scraped, the surface was covered with oak leaves, and with the help of special wooden blades, incised round dough was placed. The stove was closed with a damper. Such bread was baked well from all sides, and readiness was determined by piercing with a splinter.
Now traditions are returning, it becomes uninteresting to consume products of mass production, especially since such bread is much more useful than purchased one, including for the pancreas with its chronic inflammation;
- pancreatic bread and butter - a proverbial sandwich helping us out in everyday life, is there room for it? Dietary table number 5, prescribed to people with this pathology, allows up to 30 g of butter per day. It is quite possible to combine it with a slice of toast or yesterday's bread.
What can replace bread with pancreatitis?
Very useful for pancreatitis various bread, including buckwheat. It is important that they do not contain harmful additives, so before buying you need to familiarize yourself with their composition, and you can replace them with bread. Armenian lavash, long loaf, crackers will also suit. The latter are best prepared by yourself from a loaf or white bread. To do this, they are cut into pieces with a thickness of 1.5 cm and placed on a baking sheet in the oven for 10-15 minutes until a weak yellowish color appears, you should not overdo it, otherwise they will become too rigid. Crackers with raisins, as well as with other additives are contraindicated.