What to do if the hair is very dry? Experts advise starting with a "reboot" - a fresh haircut for very dry hair, which will remove the split ends of the hair shafts.
If there are health problems, the condition of the hair may improve after the treatment of the underlying disease.
It is necessary to choose suitable products for hair and scalp care , including shampoos, balms, conditioners, sprays for very dry hair, which should include:
- fatty acids (oleic, palmitic, stearic, linoleic, linolenic, etc.);
- alpha hydroxy acids (lactic, malic);
- natural oils - coconut, olive, almond, castor (ricin), safflower; avocado and macadamia oil, argan oil , grape seed oil;
- essential oils - jojoba oil and sandalwood, thyme, lavender, rose, clary sage, ylang-ylang;
- lanolin or glycerin (glycerol);
- ceramides, hydrolyzed collagen, sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid);
- vitamins A and E.
To wash your hair, it is recommended to use shampoos for very dry hair with collagen, ceramides, hyaluronic acid or hydrolyzed silk proteins (fibroin and sericin extracted from raw silk); with extracts of medicinal plants (burdock root, licorice and comfrey, hop cones, black elder flowers, nettle leaves, peppermint, sage, horsetail herb).
It is also recommended to use moisturizing fillers with ceramides, which help restore shine and elasticity to the hair.
How are oils for very dry hair used? In fact, these are nourishing masks for very dry hair based on vitamin E and antioxidant-rich olive, coconut, almond, ricin or corn oils, which help strengthen the outer layer of the cuticle layer.
The simplest and most affordable homemade masks for very dry hair are made from oil slightly warmed in a water bath (any of the previously mentioned), to which you can add a few drops of essential oil. Within a few minutes, the oil is gently rubbed into the hair. After that, the hair is covered with food polyethylene film, on top - with a terry towel and incubated for 30-45 minutes. Wash off the mask with shampoo, rinse your hair: you can use water with the addition of a small amount of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. This rinse “tightens” the cuticle and makes the hair smoother.
It is recommended to make such masks for very dry hair once or twice a week:
- with olive or ricin oil and raw egg yolk;
- with egg yolk and heavy cream;
- sour cream hair mask ;
- with almond oil and gelatin (which is first poured with warm water to swell);
- masks with glycerin ;
- moisturizing masks with coconut oil and parsley root decoction, with natural yogurt and honey, with fresh avocado pulp and jojoba oil.
More information in the material - Dry hair care