Urine is red in the child
Features of hematuria in children are associated with age indices. Urine red in a child aged 9-12 months to 2 years can be considered a relatively acceptable symptom. This is explained by the fact that in children the function of renal filtration is not yet formed and the cells of the glomerulus do not retain red blood cells, letting them into the urine. Variants of the norm of the presence of erythrocytes in the urine with microscopic examination in children under 2 years old - 5 in the sediment in the field of view.
Normal indicators in children after 2 years are as follows:
- 2-4 - for girls.
- 1-2 for boys.
- After 4 years, children should not have traces of blood in urine.
Excess of normal indices is evidence of the beginning pathological process and an occasion for complex examination.
The reasons for which urine can appear red in children:
- Viral infections.
- Intestinal infections.
- Intoxication with chemicals.
- Congenital nephropathology.
- Congenital endocrine pathologies.
There are also physiological factors that are not considered pathologies:
- Overcooling or, on the contrary, a prolonged stay under direct sunlight, heat stroke.
- Violation of the diet, eating foods with nitrates, preservatives, chemical dyes.
- The course of treatment with specific drugs.
- Physical overstrain. In children, overload can cause prolonged crying, hysterics.
An accurate diagnosis should be made by a doctor, parents should remember that self-medication is unacceptable, as it is fraught with serious complications and the risk of missing the onset of the disease.
For other reasons for the appearance of red urine, see this article.
It is important to know!
For the vast majority of patients this term is incomprehensible, and even suspicious. What is myoglobinuria concealing, and is it worth being afraid of this condition?Read more..