Tablets with pain in muscles and joints
Muscle aches have the property of appearing after prolonged or severe exertion, increased tone, or damage to muscle fibers. Probably, each of us felt at least once in my life such feelings. Causes of pain are always different, and they need to be eliminated in different ways. That's why there is not one universal pill for muscle pain - there are many such drugs, they have a different principle of action and are suitable for eliminating different types of pain.
Indications of the pain reliever tablets
Tablets from muscle pains are intended to eliminate such unpleasant painful sensations:
- Pain after physical overload, which is called a krepature, or a syndrome of delayed myalgia. Such pains appear 2-3 days after exercise and are caused by accumulation in the muscle tissues of lactic acid.
- Myositis - pain associated with an inflammatory reaction in the muscles.
- Pain in the muscles associated with the use of certain drugs - for example, drugs that lower blood pressure.
- Pain in the muscles associated with a deficiency in the tissues of calcium, potassium or magnesium salts.
- Pain in muscles with infectious diseases - for example, with ARVI, flu, trichinosis, etc.
To overexertion and increased muscle tone can result in various inflammations and infections, stress loads, mechanical injuries, etc. Muscle pain in certain cases can be dangerous, since often such pain is accompanied by pathologies of the joints and spine.
Tablets from muscle pain can be produced in different dosages and have a different mechanism of action, depending on the main ingredients. All such tablets can be divided into the following categories:
- analgesic tablets from the category of non-narcotic analgesics;
- tablets from pain from a series of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- narcotic painkillers.
Tablets are considered one of the most convenient forms of a drug: they are comfortable to take in any conditions, even being out of the house, and can also be dosed by dividing the tablet into two or four parts.
Some tablets have a soluble coating: such preparations can not be broken and crushed, otherwise they will not have the desired therapeutic effect.
Names of tablets from muscle pain
Tablets from muscle pain are selected depending on its cause, or depending on the stage of the inflammatory process.
- Pain pills, which are representatives of non-narcotic analgesics, facilitate the condition of the victim and at the same time have a minimum harm to other organs - albeit only on condition of short-term use. The effect of eliminating pain in these drugs can be different. For example, such tablets as Analgin or Sulpirin will relieve pain of moderate intensity, but with severe pain they can not cope. In more complex cases, often resort to the appointment of drugs based on ketorolac - this is Ketanov, Ketoprofen, Ketolong, Ketalgin. The strongest drugs are those with the active ingredient lornoxicam: these are medications such as Xefokam or Larix.
- Tablets from the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have quite pronounced side effects: especially often patients complain of complications from the digestive organs. That's why the course of such drugs is often prescribed in combination with medications that protect the mucous membrane of the digestive tract. Plus, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pills are that, in addition to pain, they successfully cope with its frequent cause - an inflammatory process. Bright representatives of such drugs are: Diclofenac, Nimesulide, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Celecoxib, Meloxicam, Indomethacin.
- Tablets from pain from the category of drugs are prescribed only by a doctor - they are taken only as an exception for a short period of time, under the supervision of a doctor, and only with very severe pain. Typical representatives of such medications are tablets Promedol and Tramadol.
In difficult cases of muscle pain, a doctor can prescribe such drugs that combine a number of active ingredients that have a multidirectional effect. Combinations of different mechanisms of action give a good and more lasting result.
Tablets from pain in joints and muscles
Pain in the joints and muscles is often combined together. Of course, the patient will not take the medication separately for the joints, and separately - for the health of the muscles. However, in such cases, any doctor will insist on complex treatment, using not only tablets, but also ointments, or other types of therapy. Often prescribe physiotherapy treatment, manual therapy, exercise therapy.
The emphasis is on drugs that eliminate the cause of pain directly. For example, to block the development of the inflammatory process, anti-inflammatory drugs (most often non-steroid drugs) will be needed, and muscle relaxants (Miodocalm) are used to reduce muscle tone.
In some cases, in order to calm the pain in the muscles, pills are used, and injections are injected into the joints, thus it is possible to act directly on the inflammatory focus.
In any case, the treatment depends on the results of the diagnosis: use pain medications until you get information about the cause of the pain should not be.
Tablets from muscle pain after exercise
Pain in the muscles at the end of training can appear both in the beginner and in the athlete with experience - most often this indicates a muscle strain. Such pains usually appear on the 2-3 days and go through about the same amount of time. If the pain is retained for more than five days, or even increases, then it is more logical to consult a doctor - the cause of such pain may be damage to muscle fibers.
If the cause of the pain is still overexertion, then for starters, you can try to get rid of it without pills: for example, a hot salted bath, massage, iodine nets, and a banal rest helps a lot, because muscles need some time to recover.
If you can not do without painkillers, then you can take Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen - these drugs are effective and fast. Usual single dose of these medicines - 1-2 tablets.
Tablets from leg pain
Muscles in the legs may be sore for many reasons, and not all of these causes are eliminated by taking the pills from the pain. If the muscles in the legs get sick after training, then in some situations, the taking of tablets can be justified. However, pain in the legs may be associated with diseases of the vessels (in particular, the veins of the lower extremities), and with nerve diseases, and even with the pathology of the spinal column. Therefore, do not take pills from muscle pain, if such pain does not recede for five days.
You need to seek medical advice if the pain in your legs is accompanied by cramps, swelling and redness of certain areas on your legs, swelling of the veins, and in situations where the pain in your legs is sharp and does not allow you to walk normally.
In order to relieve pain in the muscles of the legs, the most commonly used tablets are from the category of non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs. They gently eliminate not only pain, but also a concomitant inflammatory process. A good effect is provided by medicines Ketorolac, Nimesulid, Efferalgan, Naise. The listed preparations have a mass of contraindications, therefore before their reception it is necessary to closely look through the instruction, or even better - to consult the doctor.
Tablets from pain in the muscles of the back
Pain in the muscles on the back is most often associated with spasm - this is a common phenomenon, and for people of any age and type of activity.
Such pain usually arises abruptly, especially in those people who have such problems as curvature of the spine, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, etc.
In such situations, muscle relaxant pills come to the rescue - they eliminate the tension of muscle fibers by affecting specific CNS sections.
The most popular tablets in this category are:
- Flexeril, etc.
Take these pills strictly in accordance with the instructions, since they have a significant number of adverse events.
Painful pain reliever tablets
With pain in the muscles, number one tablets are non-narcotic analgesics - drugs that have a rapid analgesic effect. The most common medicines of this group are:
- Metamizol sodium (Analgin, Baralgin) - it is prescribed for moderate pain. Metamizole can completely eliminate pain for 3-6 hours.
- Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) - is used for minor pain.
- Ketorolac (Ketolong, Ketoprofen, Ketanov) is a strong anesthetic drug that eliminates even severe pain by about 7 hours.
- Dexketoprofen (Dexalgin) is a strong remedy, reminiscent of Ketorolac.
- Lornoxicam (Larfix, Xsefokam) is the most powerful remedy in this group of medicines, which eliminates even high-intensity pain for a fairly long period (8-9 hours).
Next, we will consider the pharmacological and other properties of tablets from muscle pain using the example of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The main principle of the action of non-steroidal pain pills is oppression of prostaglandin production by the inhibition of the enzyme cyclooxygenase.
The analgesic effect of such tablets in most patients is found in the pain syndrome of small and medium severity - this refers to muscular and joint pains as well. With severe soreness, such pills are less effective and somewhat inferior in degree of analgesia to narcotic analgesics.
The greatest analgesic effect is attributed to such non-steroidal agents as Diclofenac, Ketorolac, Metamizol.
In addition to the analgesic effect, non-steroid tablets successfully cope with inflammation, stabilize thermoregulation in fever, inhibit platelet aggregation, and have a moderate immunosuppressive effect.
Absolutely all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are perfectly absorbed in the digestive system. Almost in full, they are associated with plasma proteins, with the simultaneous replacement of other medications (bilirubin is displaced in infants, which often leads to the appearance of bilirubin encephalopathy).
Absorption of acetylsalicylic acid can be enhanced by taking a crushed tablet and washing it with warm water. This effect produces an "effervescent" tablet.
The greatest toxicity for the liver is salicylates and phenylbutazone.
Most of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are able to enter the joint synovial fluid.
Metabolism of non-steroidal agents occurs in the liver, and excretion is carried out by the kidneys.
Use of the pain reliever tablets during pregnancy
It is undesirable to take non-steroid tablets from muscle pain in pregnant women, especially in the first and third trimester. It is generally believed that such drugs can lead to impaired fetal development (especially to violations of kidney function), and also increase the risk of spontaneous abortion.
Admission of non-steroid tablets in the last trimester may lead to lengthening of pregnancy and slowing the onset of labor. This property is associated with the fact that prostaglandins stimulate the myometrium, and non-steroid agents suppress the production of prostaglandins.
Nonsteroid tablets from muscle pain are not prescribed if the patient suffers:
- erosive and ulcerative diseases of the digestive system (especially in the acute phase);
- disorders of hepatic or renal function;
- hypersensitivity to such drugs.
It is not recommended to take non-steroid tablets during pregnancy (only in case of special need and in the second trimester).
The use of indomethacin and phenylbutazone is not welcome if the patient is engaged in activities that require increased concentration.
Side effects of the pain reliever tablets
The main disadvantage of almost all non-steroidal tablets from muscle pain is the increased risk of side effects, especially with regard to the digestive system. In addition, other unwanted effects may develop.
- Dyspeptic syndrome, peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum, bleeding and perforation, gastroduodenopathy.
- Narrowing of blood vessels in the kidneys, a decrease in daily diuresis, violations of water-salt metabolism, interstitial nephritis, kidney failure.
- Aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis.
- Bleeding associated with inhibition of prothrombin formation in the liver.
- Allergies in the form of rashes on the skin, allergic nephritis, anaphylaxis.
In pregnant women, the prolongation of the period of gestation, the delay in childbirth may develop.
Dosing and administration
Each patient should choose an individual type of tablets with good tolerability. It should be borne in mind that the analgesic property of nonsteroidal drugs manifests itself during the first few hours, and anti-inflammatory - after 7-14 days and with regular admission.
Any new pills for muscle pain are prescribed at the beginning in the minimum amount. If the tolerance of the selected drug is good, then after 2-3 days the dosage can be increased. In severe pain, large doses of tablets may be required, however, it is very important to consult a doctor to avoid an overdose.
To reduce the severity of adverse events, non-steroid tablets from pain should be taken after meals. However, tablets drunk on an empty stomach (half an hour before meals) give a faster analgesic effect.
Simultaneous reception of several different tablets from pain is not recommended: the risk of developing side effects increases.
Prolonged use of non-steroidal tablets against muscle pain, and the administration of such drugs in large amounts can lead to damage to the digestive system. Therefore, during treatment, it is recommended periodically to take a feces analysis for the content of hidden blood, and also to perform fibrogastroscopy.
In addition, overdose can lead to the appearance of edema, changes in blood pressure, to liver damage, to blood clotting disorders.
Treatment of an overdose consists in washing the digestive system (if a large amount of the drug is taken no more than 1 hour ago), in the intake of sorbent funds (for example, activated charcoal). Recommended abundant alkaline drink, as well as therapy according to the detected symptoms.
Interactions with other drugs
Very often patients taking non-steroid tablets from muscle pain, additionally use other medications. However, one always needs to know how pharmacologically their drug interaction is possible. For example, non-steroid tablets are capable of stimulating the effect of indirect anticoagulants and drugs that lower blood sugar levels. At the same time they weaken the action of drugs against hypertension, increase the toxic effect of aminoglycoside antibiotics and digoxin.
Do not take non-steroid tablets and diuretics at the same time. Especially dangerous is the combination of Indomethacin + Triamterene.
There are also such drugs that affect the kinetic and pharmacological properties of non-steroid tablets:
- antacids with aluminum (for example, Almagel) and cholestyramine impair the absorption of non-steroidal agents in the digestive tract;
- Sodium bicarbonate, on the contrary, improves the absorption of non-steroid tablets in the stomach and intestines;
- the anti-inflammatory effect of non-steroidal tablets is enhanced by glucocorticoid hormones and aminoquinolines;
- anesthetic effect of nonsteroidal tablets is enhanced by the influence of narcotic analgesics and sedatives.
Most of the tablets that are used for muscle pain are stored in ordinary room conditions, away from heating appliances and radiation sources. Tablets from pain should be kept out of the area of children's access.
If the tablets are already taken out of the package and not used, then they should be discarded, as the pharmacological properties of the drug could change under the influence of external factors.
It is important to know!
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Tablets with pain in muscles and joints" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.