All iLive content is medically reviewed or fact checked to ensure as much factual accuracy as possible.
We have strict sourcing guidelines and only link to reputable media sites, academic research institutions and, whenever possible, medically peer reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (, , etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate, out-of-date, or otherwise questionable, please select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
Medical expert of the article
Snoring, probably, refers to the eternal problems that do not lose relevance even at the present time. And this is not surprising, because the sharp loud sounds that a person makes in a dream are not only unpleasant for loved ones, but also pose a certain danger to the patient himself. At first glance, getting rid of snoring is difficult. However, nothing is impossible: today there are many means, from sprays and special exercises to mouth and other accessories. For example, a bracelet against snoring is considered very convenient and effective. It is not cheap, but it is still gaining more and more popularity among snoring fans. What is the secret, and is this tool really as effective as manufacturers say about it?
Indications Bracelet for snoring
The snore bracelet can be used for snoring of various nature. The exception is apnea, or breath holding in a dream. If a person suffers from apnea, then use the bracelet is allowed only after the appointment of a doctor.
The bracelet usually helps to get rid of snoring, provoked by a decreased muscle tone of the oropharynx - this happens, for example, in the elderly. If unpleasant sounds at night are the result of anatomy (low hard palate, elongated tongue), disorders of the cervical vertebral segment, deformed nasal septum, inflammatory processes, the appearance of tumors, cysts, polyps, or obesity, then the bracelet is unlikely to relieve such problems.
Snore bracelets are usually small electronic devices that are fixed to the wrist. They are comfortable, do not cause discomfort during sleep, do not interfere with night rest, as they are very similar to ordinary watches. In the process of sleep, the bracelet sends the body a kind of message - impulses that stimulate a person to change the position of the body. 
There are many similar devices, and their differences are mainly in design, and not in the principles of exposure.
- The Snore Gone bracelet is a modern biosensor device equipped with convenient Velcro. The device registers snoring already 4 seconds after it began: impulse vibrations are sent to the nerve endings, which stimulates a person to change his sleeping position. The device can be easily reconfigured taking into account individual sensitivity, so it suits almost everyone. It is particularly easy to use.
- The Inlins Snore Bracelet has a stylish design that cures both snoring and insomnia. It is equipped with a liquid crystal display with an indication of sleep quality, a pulse force regulator, and also acts as a wristwatch and an alarm clock. Ergonomic, turns off after 7 hours of continuous use.
- Snore Stopper Snore Stopper UK is one of the most common gadget options. It effectively records the problem during sleep and sends an impulse within 4 seconds. The device has been tested in many well-known clinical centers in Taiwan, as well as in other countries. It has 7 steps of intensity, so it is easy to configure for use by both older people and teenage children. To avoid unpleasant consequences in the form of improper operation of the bracelet, it provides for a monthly replacement of contact pads, provided that the device is used regularly.
- The Hivox SS 650 bracelet is a multifunctional device that promotes a peculiar massage of the larynx muscles. It creates a pulse lasting 5 seconds, is equipped with a monitor and a stimulator of nerve endings, and responds to loud speech or sound. Every month, the bracelet must be subjected to preventive maintenance with the replacement of gel electrodes.
You need to understand that any bracelet from snoring is a complete medical device. Therefore, it can not be used without first consulting a doctor. In addition, you should always carefully read the instructions for such devices.
Use Bracelet for snoring during pregnancy
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, it is strictly forbidden to use a bracelet for snoring.
The snore bracelet, although effective, is not always and not everyone is allowed to use it. Who should look for another remedy for snoring? Here is a list of basic contraindications:
- the presence of an integrated pacemaker;
- the presence of any other electronic device for tracking readings that cannot be taken (for example, when monitoring an ECG);
- pathologies of the cardiovascular system, in which the bracelet from snoring can harm;
- respiratory arrest syndrome - apnea;
- pregnancy, the period of breastfeeding;
- infectious and inflammatory lesions of the respiratory system.
In addition, a snore bracelet should not be used if there are inflammatory elements, swelling, tumors, allergic processes in the area of its attachment.
Dosing and administration
The bracelet from snoring is fixed in the wrist. After its activation, the biosensor starts in standby mode, and after fixing the snoring sound, signals are sent to the conductive electrodes. The electrodes "respond" to the excitation by sending a weak electric impulse to the skin, and also contribute to bringing the throat muscles to tone.
The impulses sent are really weak in power: their actions are small so that a person can wake up, but enough for the desire to turn around and take a different position. When snoring is repeated, the impulse will again be directed to the skin.
Manufacturers of bracelets for snoring indicate that regular use of their products will lead to a persistent formation of the habit of “not snoring” after two or three months. That is, gradually the need for a bracelet will disappear, and regulation will occur already at the subconscious level.
Snoring bracelets can be used in children from adolescence. Earlier use by specialists is not recommended.
Analogs of bracelets for snoring
In addition to bracelets for snoring, there are many other means designed to rid a person of this problem. Among them are special sprays, patches, pillows, intraoral inserts, nostril clips, masks, etc. As a rule, all these accessories have only a symptomatic effect - for example, soften mucous tissues, tone muscles, moisturize, even out breathing, etc., but do not eliminate the root cause of snoring.
The most popular analogues of bracelets for snoring are such funds:
- Pillow for snoring is a special orthopedic pillow that gives an optimal anatomical position to the cervical region and head during rest. Thus, it is possible to prevent the retraction of the tongue, improve the passage of air through the respiratory tract, reduce the load on the spinal column, and relax the muscles of the neck.
- Extra-lore is an intraoral device resembling a baby's dummy. The tool really eliminates snoring, but only if it is correctly selected and staged. The mechanism of action of the device is to prevent the retraction of the tongue, to increase the muscle tone of the larynx.
- Plaster bandages, nostril clips - these are devices that expand the nasal passages, improve breathing through the nose, and prevent palatal vibration. Of the minuses, we can name the fact that such tools do not affect the position of the root of the tongue.
- Headbands - used to fix the lower jaw and prevent mouth opening during night rest. The device is suitable for people whose snoring is caused by a constantly open mouth during sleep.
- Masks for creating positive air pressure (CPAP) are recognized as the most effective in terms of getting rid of snoring, but they are not cheap.
If the patient suffers from severe snoring with periodic apnea, then specialists can offer him a radical and quick solution to the problem - the installation of special palatine implants. Such "inserts" strengthen the soft palatine tissue, increase the tone of the palatine curtain. They are installed on an outpatient basis using local anesthesia. With the retraction of the tongue, with severe obstructive apnea, this method is not prescribed.
Reviews on the use of bracelets from snoring are different. As a result, you can make a list of the main advantages and disadvantages of these devices.
The advantages include the following points:
- the presence of the declared effect (snoring really disappears);
- lack of a negative effect on sleep (sleep does not interrupt, insomnia does not develop);
- ease of use (the bracelet does not interfere and does not require specific skills of use);
- economical energy consumption (the bracelet itself turns off after about 8 hours, because this is how much night rest usually lasts);
- action in any phase of sleep;
- a rather pleasant appearance (the bracelet from snoring looks like ordinary and even fashionable watches, so if it attracts attention, it’s only in a positive aspect);
- no side effects.
Based on reviews, you can judge the presence of shortcomings:
- when the bracelet is constantly wearing a pulse or vibration effect, the sensitivity of the skin in the fixation zone sometimes decreases;
- with regular effects, the nervous system is overstressed, which can manifest itself in the form of neurosis, psychosis, etc.
In general, users respond to such snoring bracelets as effective devices. The effect is especially noticeable if snoring is caused by decreased muscle tone of the oropharyngeal region. This condition is often observed against the background of age-related changes in the body. But it is worth noting that the causes of the problem are different: from the anatomical features of the structure of the oropharynx, to the presence of neoplasms, polyps, deformities, obesity, etc. In these cases, the bracelet from snoring is unlikely to show the expected effect. Therefore, before purchasing such a device, it is better to consult a specialist in advance to determine the exact cause of snoring. Based on the diagnosis, it will be possible to conclude the advisability of buying a bracelet from snoring.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Snore bracelet" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.