Sedoflor is a hypnotic with sedative effect. Consider the indications for its use, medicinal properties and other features of use.
The pharmaceutical agent contains vegetable and vitamin components that provide its sedative effect:
- The fruits of hawthorn, included in the composition of the drug, lower the level of excitability of the central nervous system, normalize the heart rhythm and cerebral circulation.
- The motherwort herb reduces the heart rate and has an antihypertensive effect.
- Hops cones contain essential oils and resins, which cause a sedative effect.
- Fruits of oats contain vitamins of group B, which have a positive effect on the nervous system, soothe.
- Melissa officinalis has a toning, calming and antidepressant effect.
- Coriander is effective for increased nervous excitability, because it shows sedative properties, as well as grass sweet clover.
Combined herbal composition provides an effective soothing effect with minimal side effects.
Indications of the sedoflora
Sedoflor has such indications for use:
- Neuroses of different etiology.
- Neurasthenia in mild form.
- Increased irritability.
- Increased fatigue.
- Unreasonable fears and anxiety.
- Nerve agitation.
- Sleep and wakefulness disorders.
- Asthenic syndrome.
- Neurocirculatory dystonia in hypertensive and cardiac type.
The medication can be used in the complex therapy of neurotic and neurotic disorders.
Sedoflor has two forms of release - solution and tablets for oral administration. Tincture is produced in bottles of 100 ml, and tablets in a cardboard package with a blister for 10 capsules.
The composition of one tablet includes such substances: hawthorn fruit 30 mg, herb Leonurus 60 mg, hop cones 60 mg, oat fruits 75 mg, lemon balm 45 mg, coriander 15 mg and grass bonito 15 mg. The same composition has a tincture of the drug.
The therapeutic properties of Sedoflor are based on the action of its biologically active components. Pharmacodynamics indicates that the sedative effect is caused by such substances:
- Motherwort and hawthorn are flavonoids.
- Grass of sweet clover is flavonoids and coumarin.
- Coriander, lemon balm, hops - terpenoids, flavonoids.
The above substances have a calming effect on the nervous system, improve overall health, deepen and accelerate sleep.
The sedative effect of the drug comes from the first day of its use. Pharmacokinetics indicates the development of maximum therapeutic effect after 1-1,5 hours after application. The duration of the therapeutic effect is maintained for 1-3 hours. All forms of drug release are well absorbed by the mucous membrane of the stomach and excreted by the kidneys, mainly with urine.
Use of the sedoflora during pregnancy
Despite the rich plant composition, the use of Sedoflor during pregnancy is contraindicated. This is due to the lack of clinical studies confirming the safety of the drug for the fetus. Medication is not recommended for breastfeeding. If there is an urgent need for its use, then lactation must be stopped.
All contraindications to the use of Sedoflor are based on the activity of its components. The drug is not used in such cases:
- Individual intolerance of the components of the drug.
- Pronounced arterial hypotension and bradycardia.
- Reduced blood clotting and internal bleeding.
- Depressive disorders.
- Diseases with oppression of the CNS.
Tincture and tablets are not recommended for use by people whose work is related to the management of mechanisms and devices that require rapid motor reactions and increased attention. Sedoflor is contraindicated for patients under 12 years of age.
Side effects of the sedoflora
Infringement of rules of application of a preparation, can cause such collateral actions:
- Bradycardia and lowering blood pressure.
- Headaches, dizziness, increased drowsiness and fatigue, general weakness.
- Nausea, vomiting, pain in the epigastrium, heartburn.
- Skin allergic reactions, rashes.
To eliminate adverse reactions, you must stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor.
Dosing and administration
The method of administration and dose of Sedoflor depends on the medical purpose. The drug is prescribed for adults and children over 12 years. Tablets take 1-2 capsules 3 times a day 30-40 minutes after eating. The dosage of the tincture is calculated by the doctor, individually for each patient. The duration of therapy is 4 weeks. If necessary, treatment can be repeated after 10-15 days. In a year it is recommended to spend no more than 2-3 courses of therapy with Sedoflor.
Interactions with other drugs
Sedoflor can be used in conjunction with sedatives. Interactions with other drugs should be monitored throughout the course of treatment. The drug enhances the effect of medications that depress the central nervous system and have a pronounced hypnotic effect. When used with cardiac glycosides, their effect is enhanced. Similar is observed and with simultaneous use with indirect and direct anticoagulants.
The drug is not recommended to be taken simultaneously with antiarrhythmic drugs of the third generation and with salts of alkaloids, since there is a risk of formation of negative complexes. Sedoflor strengthens the action of analgesics and antihypertensive agents. Strictly forbidden interaction with alcohol.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Sedoflor" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.