Seduxen is a sedative drug that affects the central nervous system. Let's consider features of the given preparation and rules of its application.
The medication is prescribed for the treatment and prevention of neuropsychic diseases, with various somatic pathologies and for the removal of psychomotor agitation. Has miorelaksiruyuschee effect, that is, relaxes the muscular system. Anticonvulsant activity is also observed. The drug is used in children's neurological practice and spastic conditions.
Indications of the seduxena
The main indications for use Seduxen, is the treatment and prevention of such pathological disorders:
- Neuroses, including psycho and neurosis-like conditions with anxiety symptoms in endogenous diseases and organic brain lesions.
- Mental illness with motor anxiety, agitation and frequent bouts of anxiety.
- Various convulsive conditions, tetanus.
- Auxiliary therapy for anxiety, psychosomatic diseases and endogenous psychoses.
- Epilepsy and its psychic equivalents, often recurring seizures.
- Anxiety in the defeat of internal organs.
- Pathologies with increased muscle tone, spasticity, hyperkinesia.
- Premature labor and its threat with muscle spasms (the last trimester of pregnancy).
- Rigidity of muscles, contractures, spasms.
- Introductory anesthesia, premedication during surgical operations.
- Neurotic conditions in pediatric practice: headaches, sleep disturbances, anxiety, enuresis, nervous tics, various bad habits.
Seduxen is used in combination therapy with other drugs. The drug is used to treat withdrawal syndrome with alcoholism. For the preparation of patients in anesthesia practice, with various dermatological diseases with severe itching. The drug reduces the secretion of gastric juice, which has a positive effect on its hypnotic and sedative properties for patients with ulcerative gastrointestinal lesions. Normalizes the rhythm of heartbeats.
Seduxen has two forms of release: tablets and solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection.
- Tablets are white capsules, cylindrical, odorless. In one package there are two blisters, each for 10 tablets. Each capsule contains active ingredient diazepam 5 mg and auxiliary components: talc, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate.
- The solution is a clear liquid, which is produced in glass ampoules of dark color. Each package contains 5 ampoules in a plastic case. 1 ml of the solution contains 5 mg of diazepam, ethanol 95%, water for injection, sodium citrate, nipagin, nipazole and other substances.
The form of the preparation is selected by the attending physician, individually for each patient. The age of the patient and the indication for the use of the remedy are taken into account.
Seduxen is included in the category of tranquilizers of the benzodiazepine series, that is, it has anxiolytic properties. It shows sedative-hypnotic, centrally myorelaxing and anticonvulsant activity. Pharmacodynamics is associated with the stimulation of benzodiazepine receptors of supramolecular GABA-benzodiazepine-chloro-ionophore receptor complex. This leads to an increase in the inhibitory effect. The active component stimulates benzodiazepine receptors in the allosteric center of postsynaptic GABA receptors, significantly reduces the excitability of the limbic system, hypothalamus and thalamus, inhibits polysynaptic spinal reflexes.
- Anxiolytic activity is associated with the impact on the amygdala complex of the limbic system. This is manifested by a decrease in emotional tension and fear, weakens anxiety and anxiety.
- Sedative action is based on the reticular formation of the brainstem and the nonspecific nuclei of the thalamus. This is expressed in the reduction of neurotic symptoms, for example, fear and anxiety.
- The hypnotic effect consists in oppression of cells of the reticular formation of the brain stem.
- Central miorelaksiruyuschee action is based on the inhibition of the polysynaptic spinal afferent inhibitory pathways. This leads to direct inhibition of muscle and motor nerve functions.
- Anticonvulsant activity manifests itself through the enhancement of presynaptic inhibition. The active substance inhibits the spread of epileptogenic activity, but does not affect the focus of excitation.
Thanks to a moderate sympatholytic effect, the drug lowers blood pressure and dilates the coronary vessels. Against this background, the threshold of pain sensitivity increases, vestibular and sympathoadrenal paroxysms are suppressed, night secretion of gastric juice decreases. The action of the drug is observed on the 2-7th day of therapy.
Regardless of the form of release, after getting the active substance in the digestive tract, its rapid absorption and high binding to plasma proteins are observed. The pharmacokinetics of diazepam indicate two of its main metabolites: oxazepam and N-desmethyldiazepam.
The concentration of the active component decreases after a rapid distribution (this phase lasts about 1 hour) and release within 24-48 hours. Metabolites are excreted by the kidneys. In newborns, elderly patients and in the violation of kidney and liver function, the half-life period increases manifold.
Use of the seduxena during pregnancy
According to pharmacological studies, the use of Seduxen during pregnancy is not recommended. In the early gestation period, the drug increases the risk of fetal abnormalities. The use of the drug in the last trimester of pregnancy leads to the depression of the central nervous system and respiratory center in the fetus. A tranquilizer is also prohibited during lactation, as it penetrates into breast milk.
The use of this sedative is possible if the expected benefit to the mother is higher than the potential risks to the fetus.
The main contraindications to the use of Seduxen are related to the properties of its active component. The medicine is not assigned under such conditions:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Shock and coma.
- The syndrome of nocturnal apnea.
- Closed-angle glaucoma.
- Inhibition of vital functions in the state of intoxication.
- Myasthenia gravis in severe form.
- Alcoholic or narcotic dependence in the anamnesis.
- Acute respiratory failure.
- Acute intoxication due to the use of sleeping pills, psychotropic or narcotic drugs.
- Obstructive lung injury in severe form.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
The tablet form of the drug is not prescribed for patients younger than 6 years, and the solution for infants up to 30 days of life. With special care, the drug is used for renal or hepatic insufficiency, epilepsy, organic pathologies of the brain, absences, for the elderly. And also with hyperkinesia, depressive states and a tendency to abuse psychotropic drugs.
Side effects of the seduxena
A sedative, like any other drug, can cause side effects. Most often, patients complain of such reactions:
- Reduced blood pressure.
- Increased fatigue and drowsiness.
- Violation of concentration and slowing of mental and motor reactions.
- Headaches and dizziness.
- Attacks of nausea, vomiting, heartburn, hiccough.
- Increased activity of hepatic enzymes.
- Skin allergic reactions, itching.
- Leukopenia and a violation of the picture of blood.
- Violation of libido.
- Delay or incontinence of urine.
In addition to the above reactions, Seduxen can cause drug dependence, depression of the respiratory center, various psychomotor excitations. When applying the solution, lethargy, coordination of movement, venous thrombosis or phlebitis at the injection site is most often observed.
Dosing and administration
From the selected form of release Seduxen, its mode of application and dose depends. Tablets are taken orally, with plenty of fluids. Treatment begins with low doses, gradually increasing them. The daily dosage should be divided into 2-4 admission.
- Psychosomatic diseases and neurological disorders - 5-20 mg per day.
- Treatment of convulsive syndrome - 5-40 mg per day.
- Mental disorders of organic origin - 20-40 mg per day.
- Rigidity, muscle contractures - 5-20 mg per day.
For elderly patients, I prescribe ½ the recommended dosage. For children older than 6 years, the dose is calculated on the basis of the level of physical development.
If a solution for intravenous administration is used, the rate should not exceed 1 ml, that is, 5 mg per minute. The drug should not be injected into the arteries or allowed to enter the tissue surrounding the vein. Dosage is calculated by the attending physician, focusing on the patient's condition and the characteristics of his body.
At the initial stage of the drug, that is, within 12-24 hours after its administration, it is forbidden to drive vehicles or other potentially dangerous mechanisms. It is also forbidden to drink alcohol during treatment.
When using higher doses of the drug, there may be various adverse symptoms. Overdose most often manifests as follows:
- Depressive state.
- Muscle weakness.
- Increased drowsiness.
- Psychotic disorders.
- Paradoxical excitement.
In case of excessive overdose, oppression of the reflexes of the function of the heart and respiratory system occurs. To eliminate the side symptoms recommended gastric lavage. It is also necessary to monitor the parameters of respiration, kidney function and circulation. The use of hemodialysis is ineffective.
Interactions with other drugs
Since Seduxen can be prescribed for combined treatment, it is very important to monitor its interactions with other drugs.
- When used simultaneously with oral contraceptives, erythromycin, estrogen-containing drugs, koconazole, propranolol, the metabolism of diazepam is slowed down and the level of its concentration in the blood plasma increases.
- Strychnine, monoamine oxidase inhibitors counteract the effect of the drug, and antihypertensives enhance its effect.
- Antidepressants, hypnotics, sedatives, narcotic analgesics, neuroleptics, and other tranquilizers significantly increase the inhibitory effect on the central nervous system.
- Cardiac glycosides increase the level of diazepam concentration in the blood plasma, antacids slow its absorption from the digestive tract, rifampicin accelerates metabolism and reduces the concentration in the blood plasma, omeprazole slows the process of diazepam excretion.
If the drug is used for premedication, then the standard dosage of fentanyl should be reduced for general anesthesia, since the anesthetic effect will come much faster. All possible interactions should be controlled by the attending physician.
According to storage conditions, tablets and solution should be kept in a cool place, protected from sunlight, moisture and inaccessible to children. The recommended storage temperature of the tablet form of the preparation is 15-30 ° C, the solution is 8-15 ° C. If these recommendations are not observed, the drug prematurely loses its medicinal properties and is prohibited for use.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Seduxen" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.