All iLive content is medically reviewed or fact checked to ensure as much factual accuracy as possible.
We have strict sourcing guidelines and only link to reputable media sites, academic research institutions and, whenever possible, medically peer reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (, , etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate, out-of-date, or otherwise questionable, please select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
Preparations for the purification of the liver
Medical expert of the article
Preparations for liver cleansing perform two main functions and are divided into two groups:
- Function of protection and restoration of liver cells.
- Function of activating the biliary excretion.
And hepatoprotectors and cholagogue can accelerate the process of liver detoxification, while improving all metabolic functions, speeding up the regeneration of cells, have a good antioxidant effect. In addition, taking such drugs restores the acid-base balance, promotes liquefaction and rapid elimination of bile, prevents the formation of new stones.
Many experts quite rightly believe that liver cleansing should be combined with simultaneous treatment, as well as normalization of the digestive tract.
Mechanism of action
Hepatoprotectors - a group of drugs that have the same property - the protection of liver cells. Also, hepatoprotectors increase the body's ability to deactivate toxins without causing damage and loss of hepatocytes, that is, they create stability of the liver due to protection (protection) of cell membranes. The list of tasks for which the action of hepatoprotectors is directed includes the following:
- Activation of intracellular metabolism.
- Improvement and recovery of the fermentation process.
- Antioxidant action, binding and excretion of free radicals.
- Neutralization, suppression of peroxide oxidation of fats (lipids).
- Protection of liver cell membranes.
- Activation of the synthesis of structural protein compounds in liver cells.
- Regeneration, restoration of liver tissue.
- Neutralization, binding, elimination of toxins.
Hepatoprotectors - preparations for purification and restoration of the liver, usually made from plant materials - artichoke, milk thistle, turmeric, smokey, soy, and also contain phospholipids. Many of them have a complex effect - hepatoprotective and choleretic at the same time, this is Gepabene, Darcil, Galstena, Gepacept and others.
Cholagogue preparations help to activate bile excretion, however, as monopreparations without combination with means of treatment, restoration and protection of the liver are ineffective. Cholagogue preparations are able to strengthen the production of bile and contribute to the filling of the bile of the duodenum, which greatly improves digestion, but does not purify the liver.
There are also pharmacy detoxification products, which are used as drugs that dilate the bile ducts and liver ducts and soften the process of excretion of stones, such as sorbitol, magnesium, sodium thiosulfate.
Purification of the liver with sorbitol
Detoxification of the liver with the help of sorbitol is essentially a traditional tjubazh. The method is almost safe, gentle, requiring only preliminary preparation of the body, as in all cases of cleaning.
Purification of the liver with sorbitol is as follows:
- For 3-4 days, or better in a week, you should observe a dietary diet, excluding all fried, fatty, smoked, spicy dishes, potatoes. The most useful is the fractional vegetarian food every 1.5-2 hours in small portions, the food should be steamed, boiled. All this time you need to consume freshly squeezed apple juice or there are apples that contribute to bile excretion.
- For a few days you need to exclude any physical, emotional stress.
- In the morning of the day on which the cleaning is planned, it is necessary to make a cleansing enema.
- Closer to the evening on the right side (hypochondrium), you need to put a warm water bottle, go to bed, after preparing the medicinal composition.
- In boiled water (100ml), you should dilute 2 tablespoons of sorbitol, drink it in 19-20 hours in the evening, alternating with a decoction of cholagogue grasses.
- Cholagogue drink should also be prepared in advance: a handful of corn stigmas and a tablespoon of pharmacy chamomile pour two cups of boiling water, insist 40 minutes, strain and leave 50 milliliters.
- The hot-water bottle should remain on the right side all this time, if it cools down, it is necessary to replace it with a warmer one or use a heating pad.
- Activates the process of cleansing the special breathing of the diaphragm (breath from the stomach).
- The first clearing signals should appear 2-3 hours after sorbitol intake. It is likely that the release of stones, slags for the first time will not be so intense, in this case, after a time, liver cleansing should be repeated.
- Not always the body reacts to the drug, purification of the liver with sorbitol can be replaced with detoxification with the help of egg yolks (three raw yolks).
- In the morning it is desirable to make a cleansing enema in the event that excretion of gallstones was not abundant.
- To repeat detoxification with sorbitol it is possible not earlier, than in 2 or 3 weeks. For a year, up to 6 liver purification procedures can be performed with the help of sorbitol.
Purification of the liver with sorbitol can be done in another way:
- On the day of cleaning, you should stay at home, so it's better to plan it for the weekend.
- 3-4 tablespoons of rose hips are poured with a liter of boiling water and insist in a thermos during the night.
- In the morning in a glass of wild boar infuse sorbitol - 3 tablespoons, drink in small sips for 10-15 minutes.
- After 30-40 minutes you need to drink the remaining broth in the thermos, without adding sorbitol. The broth will act as a cholagogue.
- During the day, it is better to lie with a hot water bottle on the right side.
- All day you can eat food, always in small portions, without adding oil, fat, preferably without salt. For this method, vegetarian dishes will be ideal.
- Repeat the day-cleaning procedure can be a day later for a week and a half (6-7 times). This method is considered the most sparing, since the removal of slags occurs gradually.
After successful removal of slags, a person can feel some weakness, this condition takes place in 2-3 days, after which the state of health improves significantly: skin, digestion, kidney, gallbladder, brain activity - all these organs start functioning much better , lightness appears in the body.
Purification of the liver with sodium thiosulfate
Sodium thiosulfate was previously used by all photographers in the world, before the digital age, and this substance is still used in textile industry, in the chemical industry. In medicine, sodium thiosulfate is used as an effective desensitizing agent, which has a high detoxification and anti-inflammatory ability, sulfites, which form the body, bind and remove almost all salts of heavy metals - copper, arsenic, lead, thallium, mercury, phenols, hydrocyanic acid . The drug is often prescribed for the treatment of arthritis, dermatitis (externally) and intokiskatsii (internal application).
Purification of the liver with sodium thiosulfate is a very effective procedure that can restore liver function even in serious, chronic diseases.
Plan treatment with sodium thiosulfate:
- It is necessary to tune in to the course, which will last 10 days.
- It is necessary to purchase a 30% solution of thiosulphate in an injection form (10 ampoules) in the pharmacy.
- For cleaning, a solution of 10-15 ml per 100 ml of boiled water is needed.
- Every evening, for 10 days before going to bed, you need to drink a solution of thiosulphate in a volume of 100 milliliters. Also, the option is possible: the ampoule is bred in a glass of boiled water, half is drunk at night, the second one - in the morning on an empty stomach 30 minutes before breakfast.
- If the product is unpleasant in use, you can slightly neutralize its specific taste with a slice of lemon, lemon juice.
- Cleansing defecation appears in the early morning, and should last an hour and a half.
Purification of the liver with sodium thiosulfate has practically no contraindications, the only negative is a rather unpleasant taste of the drug, it is extremely rare that the procedure can cause an allergic reaction, but, as a rule, the purification is without complications. It is also important to follow the diet throughout the cleaning period. The use of dairy, meat dishes, smoked products, sharp, fatty foods and alcohol should be excluded. Helps to activate the removal of slags abundant drink - apple juice, broth of wild rose, mineral water without gas.
Purification of the liver with magnesium
Cleansing the liver with magnesium is more a preventive tjubazh than cleaning itself, although if the course is repeated for six months, the effect will be noticeable and obvious. Prepare for the use of magnesia should be the same as in other cases involving effects on the liver and gallbladder - you need a weekly vegetarian diet, abundant alkaline drink, the exclusion of fatty, fried, spicy foods, alcohol. Magnesia has a strong choleretic property, so the digestive tract and biliary tract should be prepared for the removal of stones, toxins. It should be noted that the purification of the liver by magnesia is a rather "insidious" way, which can lead to exacerbation of cholecystitis, stomach and duodenum ulcers, since it significantly increases acidity. If a person has contraindications, it is better to use more gentle methods, which today there are a great many.
- Before cleaning, lie down for 1-2 hours with a hot water bottle on the right side.
- After a minimum of an hour after heating the liver, it is necessary to dissolve 2 tablespoons of the drug in a glass of warm boiled water.
- Within 20-30 minutes you need to drink half the glass of the solution in two divided doses.
- Within an hour, the warmer should stay in the right hypochondrium in a warm form (it is better to use a heating pad).
There is another option for purifying the liver with magnesium, when after preparatory dietary days and warming up, a solution of magnesium in mineral water is prepared: in a glass of hot water, stir a tablespoon of magnesia. The result from combining the mineral fluid and dilating the bile ducts of the substance is much better, faster. Such procedures should be done once a quarter to prevent slagging of the liver. Please note, before using detoxification with magnesium sulphate, it is necessary to conduct a checkup of the gallbladder and liver, make ultrasound and consult a doctor to avoid exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Cleansing the liver with holosas
Detoxification of the liver can be carried out with the help of a unique plant - dogrose, which is used both in the form of a decoction and in the form of a syrup. Cleansing the liver with holosas is a gentle and productive way that not only helps in the elimination of toxins, but also improves the overall condition of the body by replenishing the stores of vitamin C. The choleretic preparation Rosae pingue fructuum extract or holosas is a sweet, thick syrup made from the extract of fresh hips . The product has a mild choleretic effect, using it should not be afraid of complications and exacerbations of chronic diseases.
Method of cleansing the liver holosas:
- Separately, prepare two infusions: 200 grams of hay are steamed in two glasses of boiling water, and you also need to boil 200 grams of raisins in half a liter of boiling water. To insist drinks not less than 2 hours, then strain and mix to get about one liter of liquid.
- In the received infusion add 300 milliliters of holosas and put in a cold place, since the course of treatment will last one month.
- Cleansing the liver holosas needs to be carried out against the background of a diet that excludes the use of fatty, sharp, smoked dishes. All the food better to cook for a couple, bake, or boil. Speed up the process of removing the slag menu, which includes buckwheat porridge, boiled beets.
- Every day after 1.5 hours after dinner, you need to take 100 milliliters of infusion.
- The course of cleaning lasts 30 days, if the infusion ends, I do it again, about three liters of the healing agent are required for a month.
Detoxification of the liver with holosus can be done every six months.
Cleansing the liver of Essentiale
If the liver is broken, but the body itself has not yet undergone a pathological change (fatty degeneration), it is best to use therapeutic and preventive methods of detoxification. These include a special diet - diet number 5 for Pevzner for reducing the nutritional load on damaged cells - hepatocytes, as well as the course of the hepatoprotector, for example, Essential Forte.
Cleansing the liver of Essentiale is more a prevention than cleaning itself. The composition of the drug includes irreplaceable (essential) components - phospholipids, hence the name of the drug. Phospholipids promote the regeneration of the parenchyma of the organ, the function of hepatocytes, and prevent their fatty degeneration. In addition, the use of Essentiale helps prevent fibrosis - the formation of scar tissue in the liver. Thus, purification of the liver Essentiale in fact solves the task of protecting and restoring the body, and also effectively copes with the detoxification of toxins and fatty deposits.
There are no contraindications to the use of the drug, no side complications were noted. Indications for the course treatment Essentiale are as follows:
- Prevention of liver disease.
- All kinds of chronic hepatitis.
- Detoxification of the body after poisoning with salts of heavy metals, drug intoxication.
- Detoxification for all types of alcohol dependence.
- Fatty degeneration of the liver, cirrhosis.
- Dermatological diseases, including psoriasis.
- Antioxidant therapy with radiation exposure.
Reception of the drug can last up to 3 months, the dosage is determined by the doctor depending on the diagnosis, age and state of health of the patient.
Cleansing the liver with activated charcoal
Activated carbon is deservedly popular as an inexpensive, effective adsorbent for food poisoning, allergic intoxications and other unpleasant conditions. Cleansing the liver with activated charcoal is one of the safest and available methods that normalize the bilirubin content, the level of bile acids, lipoproteins in the blood.
Options for detoxification of the liver with activated charcoal:
- The course lasts from two weeks to a month, depending on the severity of intoxication. The use of coal is preceded by a control weighing, during which the daily rate is calculated - every ten kilograms of weight is assumed to take one tablet. Example - all 60 kilograms, so once you need to take 6 tablets. For effective cleansing, it is necessary to drink activated charcoal twice a day for a minimum of 14 days.
- Gentle cleansing of the liver with activated charcoal is taking one tablet on the first day, two in the second, and so on up to the standard rate (tablet for every ten kilograms of weight). Then the dosage is reduced in the same way. You need to repeat this cycle twice.
You need to take the adsorbent in a certain way:
- Take the pill one hour before meals, or 1-1.5 hours after.
- The whole period of cleansing should be accompanied by dietary nutrition, which excludes fatty, spicy, smoked, fried foods.
- During the whole time of detoxification, you need a copious drink - up to 2 liters of liquid, it is better to drink mineral alkaline water without gas.
- After cleansing with activated charcoal, a sour-milk diet is shown, taking probiotics, multivitamins.
- If there is a chronic medical condition in a person's history, the course of treatment should not be interrupted, but the interval between taking the basic therapy and activated charcoal should be at least one and a half to two hours.
The method of purification with activated charcoal is contraindicated:
- Exacerbation of stomach ulcers, duodenal ulcers.
- NUK is a nonspecific ulcerative colitis.
- Systemic application of radioprotectors, antitumor and antitoxic drugs.
It should also be noted that activated carbon is a powerful adsorbent and is able to remove not only toxins, but also important for the body substances - vitamins, minerals. Therefore, the first course of treatment with coal should not exceed 14 days, after which it is necessary to fill the deficiency of the minerals extracted.
Cleansing the liver with ozegol
Oatsol is a biologically active food additive, which includes oat extract of a certain grade and ripeness period, mint, grass, immortelle, enzymes, amino acids, flavonoids, turmeric, essential oils and vitamins. Owing to this complex of useful substances, Osool copes with stagnation of bile, the liver acts very gently, sparing as a detoxification, anti-inflammatory and regenerating agent.
Cleansing the liver with oats - recommendations for use:
- To activate bile secretion, eliminate stagnant phenomena in the gallbladder.
- Soft, deep detoxification cleansing of the liver.
- Prevention of the formation of stones in the gallbladder.
- Neutralization of spasms and inflammations in the biliary system of the body.
Cleansing the liver osveolom suitable for those who, due to the nature of the work has no time to prepare complex medicinal compounds, decoctions, infusions. The preparation is available in a convenient capsule form, as well as in drops.
Dosage during cleansing depends on the degree of slagging and possible stagnant phenomena in the gallbladder, but the standard recommended scheme is this:
- 15 drops twice a day for a month.
- The drug should be washed down with half a cup of warm boiled water.
- The course should be repeated on a quarterly basis.
- If ovesol is prescribed in tablet form, take it twice a day, one tablet, plenty of water. The course lasts a minimum of three weeks.
This method has virtually no contraindications, but with chronic congestion in the gall bladder, the presence of large stones, the drug should be taken under the supervision of the doctor and after the examination. Possible transient allergic reactions to certain components of the drug - essential oils, mint, in this case, the drug is better to cancel and choose another way of detoxification.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Preparations for the purification of the liver" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.