All iLive content is medically reviewed or fact checked to ensure as much factual accuracy as possible.
We have strict sourcing guidelines and only link to reputable media sites, academic research institutions and, whenever possible, medically peer reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (, , etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate, out-of-date, or otherwise questionable, please select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
Means against insomnia with menopause
Medical expert of the article
Insomnia with menopause is a fairly frequent and unpleasant symptom. It occurs, as a rule, because of the insufficient amount of estrogens in the female body. That is why doctors in the treatment of insomnia in this case often use hormone replacement therapy or phytopreparations, which include phytoestrogens.
To date, the most popular and effective tool for treating insomnia during menopause is Kleverol, based on the extract of red clover.
It is considered a safe alternative to hormonal drugs. Thanks to this drug, you can quickly and without much trouble to eliminate the main symptoms of menopause, in particular insomnia. In its composition, there are phytoestrogens, which are called isoflavones. With their help, not only insomnia, but also hot flashes, high fever, headaches, dizziness are eliminated. A very important property is the fact that isoflavones prevent the development of malignant tumors.
Indications of the means for insomnia during menopause
Alternative means for insomnia with menopause
Among the popular alternative recipes for insomnia in menopause, the following should be emphasized:
- Tea with medicinal chamomile - helps to calm nerves, relieve tension and improve their condition. This tea is brewed as usual. It can be added honey, warm milk, cinnamon.
- Make a tincture of ginger and fennel - helps not only cope with insomnia, but also improve the functioning of the intestines. For its preparation you need to take one teaspoon of all the ingredients and add in half a glass of hot boiled water. Insist for about an hour. One hour before sleep, drink one tablespoon.
- When menopause an excellent remedy is almonds with banana - in the banana there is magnesium, which reduces the excitability of muscles, and almonds normalize the hormonal background. You can make a salad of these products at night, but it is not advisable to add sugar and sour-milk products to it.
- Decoction of cones of hops and hawthorn - you need to take a tablespoon of hawthorn and hops, pour hot boiled water. Do it best in the morning, so that the broth is well brewed until the evening. Drink before going to bed 100 ml of broth in small sips.
The drug "Cleverol" consists of phytoestrogens, which are contained in a red clover. As a rule, it is used during the pre-menopausal period, with menopause and after ovariectomy. Isoflavones are very similar to estrogen receptors that are found in the hypothalamus. This makes it possible to reduce the amount of LH.
The only contraindication to the use of the drug "Cleverol" is the intolerance of its components. If you think that you may have an allergic reaction to taking this remedy, it is better to warn the treating doctor about it, who will prescribe another drug. It is forbidden to use an agent for the treatment of pregnant women and those who feed the baby with breast milk.
Side effects of the means for insomnia during menopause
In some patients, after the application of "Cleverola" from insomnia in menopause, the following unpleasant symptoms may appear:
- Rapid increase in weight.
- Appearance of tension in the breast.
- Discharge from the vagina in the form of blood and mucus.
When these symptoms appear, you must immediately stop using the drug.
Dosing and administration
To get a positive result, you need to drink one or two capsules in 24 hours. Dosage is selected in accordance with the individual condition of the patient. If a woman has entered the premenopause, experts recommend using the drug for one to two years, until the menopause occurs.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Means against insomnia with menopause" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.