Probably many when visiting the pharmacy at least once caught the eye of the grass in the same yellow cardboard boxes with similar inscriptions: "Gastrofit", "Nephrofit", "Hepatofit", "Bronchophyte" and a schematic drawing of the internal organs of man. These fees are produced by the Kharkiv scientific and manufacturing company "Amy", and they already deserve the recognition of many doctors and their patients.
This time we will talk about the drug "Gastrofit". Its relevance is due to the fact that diseases of the digestive system occupy the lion's share among all pathologies known to mankind. Of course, there are too many medicines, but not all of them are so effective with such sparing action on the mucous GIT. And here we have both treatment and care in one person.
Collection of leaves, flowers, fruits and roots of 15 medicinal plants called "Gastrofit" is prescribed in those cases when the normalization of the work of the gastrointestinal tract is disturbed in connection with the development of such pathologies as:
- chronic form of gastritis (inflammation of the gastric mucosa), which occurs against the background of normal or low acidity of gastric juice,
- functional dyspepsia (it is non-ulcer or essential dyspepsia, neurotic gastritis, neurosis of the stomach, etc.), which is not an organic lesion of the digestive tract,
- inflammation of the duodenal mucosa (duodenitis),
- inflammation of the mucosa of the pylorus of the stomach and the adjoining 12 duodenal ulcer (gastroduodenitis),
- enterocolitis (the most common disease of the gastrointestinal tract, characterized by inflammation of the intestine, covering both the thick and small intestine),
The drug is also used in the complex therapy of ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum, inflammation of the mucosa of the large intestine (colitis).
"Gastrofit", as a therapeutic herbal remedy, is useful not only for treating various pathologies of the digestive system, but also as a preventative tool for preventing recurrence of diseases.
The drug "Gastrofit" is produced in the form of a medicinal collection, which is presented in the form of crushed parts of leaves, fruits, flowers and rhizomes of plants, effective for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The color of the composition is heterogeneous, gray-green with inclusions of elements of various colors. From the mixture comes an unobtrusive, pleasant herbal fragrance.
Vegetable collection is packaged in hermetically packed in individual packaging filter bags, convenient for infusion brewing. The weight of one sachet is 1.5 g.
Filter bags in turn are packed in 20 pieces in a cardboard box of yellow color with a schematic drawing of the internal organs of a person. The scheme clearly identifies the digestive system.
The collection consists of 15 plant components. Each filter bag contains:
- ayr (rhizome) - 90 mg,
- althaea (root) - 105 mg,
- cumin (flowers) - 105 mg,
- Elderberry black (flowers) - 90 mg,
- St. John's wort (grass) - 90 mg,
- calendula (flowers) - 105 mg,
- nettle (leaves) - 105 mg,
- mint (leaves) - 105 mg,
- wormwood (grass) - 75 mg,
- Chamomile Pharmacy (flowers) - 105 mg,
- Japanese Sophora (fruits) - 120 mg,
- licorice (root) - 120 mg,
- Yarrow (grass) - 90 mg,
- sage (leaves) - 90 mg,
- rose hips (fruits) - 90 mg.
Sometimes you can find a collection packed in a cardboard container without filter bags. The weight of the package with the medicinal collection "Gastrofit" is 100 g:
- wormwood - 5 grams,
- ayr, elder, St. John's wort, yarrow, sage and dog rose - 6 grams,
- althae, caraway, calendula, nettle, mint and chamomile - 7 grams each,
- Japanese Sophora and licorice - for 8 g.
This form of the drug provides dosing with a tablespoon, which is not attached to the drug.
In addition to fees on pharmacy shelves, you can find the same drug in the form of syrup, which can be used to treat gastrointestinal pathologies in children, starting with 3 years.
The syrup contains extracts of the same herbs as the collections. It is packed in polymer bottles of 150 ml, which are then placed in cardboard boxes, in appearance similar to the packaging of plant charges.
Medicinal gastrointestinal collection "Gastrofit" shows a pronounced spasmolytic effect (relieves spasms of smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and pain associated with them). Thanks to the many herbs included in the preparation, it is possible to speak with confidence about the anti-inflammatory and soothing effect of the medicinal collection on the mucosa of various organs of the digestive system.
In addition, the drug promotes the rapid healing and regeneration of damaged tissues of the stomach and intestines, including the duodenum. The instructions also mention the choleretic and mild laxative action of the herbal remedy.
Removing the inflammation and improving the condition of the mucosa of the digestive organs, Gastrofit is able to regulate the digestive tract, stimulate intestinal motility, normalize the stool.
According to the official instructions, the drug "Gastrofit" has the following contraindications for use:
- hypertension (degrees II B and III),
- acute heart failure,
- a low level of potassium in the blood serum (a condition called hypokalemia);
- mechanical jaundice,
- the presence in the gallbladder of stones, the size of which exceeds 10 mm (cholelithiasis),
- acute inflammation in the gallbladder (in medical terms, the acute stage of cholecystitis),
- an acute stage of hepatitis, characterized by severe signs of inflammation in the liver with impaired work,
- cirrhosis of the liver,
- acute inflammation of the pancreas (acute form of pancreatitis),
- inflammation of the respiratory tract in children, accompanied by a narrowing of the larynx (croup),
- inflammation of the bronchi with restriction of respiratory function (obstructive bronchitis),
- tetanic syndrome characterized by increased neuromuscular excitability and a tendency to develop seizures,
- inflammation of the venous wall with the formation of a blood clot (thrombophlebitis),
- high rates of blood clotting,
- hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
The drug in the form of collections of herbs and plants is not intended for the treatment of children under 12 years of age. Syrup is undesirable to use in therapy of small patients who have not yet turned 3 years old.
The possibilities of using the drug "Gastrofit" during pregnancy or breastfeeding should be discussed with your doctor. In order to avoid unforeseen consequences, due to the lack of research in this direction, pregnant women are prescribed the drug only in the form of fees and only if the benefits for women will be significantly greater than the risk for the unborn baby.
During lactation, taking the drug is possible in the event of refusal of breastfeeding and temporary (or permanent) transfer of the baby to milk formulas.
Side effects Gastrofit
"Gastrofit", like the vast majority of herbal preparations, is well tolerated by the majority of patients. Rare cases of development of allergic reactions are associated mainly with individual intolerance of one or several components of a multicomponent drug.
Side effects of the drug can be observed in the form of various itchy rashes (hives, dermatitis) and swelling on the skin. In some patients, the sensitivity of the skin to sunlight may increase (photosensitization).
And although severe allergic reactions during the first doses of the drug are not observed, further use of the drug may enhance these manifestations to a dangerous patient. Therefore, in case of occurrence of similar reactions it is necessary to address at once for consultation to the attending physician that he has reconsidered the appointment.
Dosing and administration
Since "Gastrofit" has 2 different forms of release, differing dosing capabilities, then the method of their application is slightly different.
The most convenient form is a medicine in metered filter bags. 2 of these bags (3 g) pour 150 g of boiling water and, after 15 minutes, after drinking, in a warm form somewhere for half an hour before eating. Filter the infusion is not necessary. The procedure is repeated 3 times during the day.
Buying a 100-gram economical bundle of the collection, it is necessary to store a separate dry table spoon to measure the right amount of the drug.
In this case, it is advisable to prepare a daily dose of medicinal infusion, brewing 2 tablespoons of a plant mixture of ½ liter of boiling water. Insist the formulation for 1 hour. When used, the right amount (150 g) is warmed up to a warm state. Multiplicity of administration and dosage is the same as in the previous case. It is universal for children (over 12 years) and adults.
The duration of the therapeutic course depends on the pathology and condition of the patient and is determined by the attending physician. In most cases, treatment of drugs is delayed for 1 or 2 months, but if the symptoms are caused by small disruptions in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, as with non-ulcer dyspepsia, then there is enough for a week. If necessary, the course of treatment can be repeated.
The drug in the form of a syrup is dosed depending on the age of the patient. So, for children 3-7 years, a single dose is 5 ml, children 7-14 children can be given from 5 to 10 ml of syrup, and the dosage for adolescents and adults is the same - 10 ml.
Multiplicity of admission is established by a doctor and can vary from 3 to 5 times a day. In this case, the drug can be taken as a pure form, and adding it to water or tea.
Herbal preparation "Gastrofit" is non-toxic to the body. It is used without consequences in sufficiently large dosages provided in the instructions to the preparation. Cases of overdose before this time has been described.
Nevertheless, it is not worthwhile to experiment, since the use of both synthetic and herbal preparations in doses exceeding the recommended, or a long time without interruption, can at least lead to an increase in the side effects of the drug, and also cause such phenomena as nausea, vomiting, stool, etc.
Interactions with other drugs
The intake of any drug, even of plant origin, should be done taking into account the drug interaction with other drugs, provided that some other medicines are taken.
In the case of the drug "Gastrofit", its long-term use in parallel with drugs from arrhythmia, cardiac glycosides, adrenocorticosteroids, as well as with laxatives and most diuretics can cause a violation of water-electrolyte balance in the body.
Do not use "Gastrofit" before performing work that requires concentration. From driving a car for the duration of therapy with a drug, it is also desirable to opt out.
Other drugs with the same name
On the pages of medical portals you can find a description of 2 more herbal preparations in the form of a solution for oral administration.
One of them in a 100 ml bottle is produced by the Russian company "Farmafit". The composition of the drug includes: licorice root, yarrow herb, plantain leaves and aniseed oil. Additional components: alcohol, water, sugar.
Herbs in the preparation have anti-inflammatory, spasmolytic, regenerating, choleretic, carminative and restorative effects. In this regard, the solution "Gastrofit" from "Farmafit" is considered an effective medicine for gastritis with normal and reduced acid formation in the stomach and all those pathologies that are described in the indications for the use of Kharkov collection and syrup.
The drug is intended for the treatment of adult patients and children older than 7 years. Undesirable intake of vegetable solution during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as with individual intolerance of certain components of the drug. The presence of the sugar-containing components in the composition provides for caution when it is taken by patients who have diabetes mellitus.
Take a medicine for 1 tsp. 3 times a day. It is better to take it not in its pure form, but diluting in 1/3 of a glass of water or any other drink (with the exception of milk and milk drinks).
Store the herbal preparation "Gastrofit" in the form of a solution in a place protected from the sun for 2 years. Storage temperature should be within 2-18 degrees.
On some pharmacy sites one more drug with the name "Gastrofit" is declared. True, the photo of the drug is not attached anywhere, nor is its producer mentioned. It is indicated only that it is a vegetable solution for internal use, in which there are: chamomile and marigold flowers, yarrow herb, fennel essential oil (also dill pharmacy), buckthorn bark, sorbitol (about 40%).
According to the instructions, indications for the use of the drug are:
- dyskinesia (motor disruption) of the biliary tract,
- constipation, caused by a decrease in the activity of the smooth muscles of the intestine (it is also called atonic)
- excessive gassing (flatulence), manifested in the form of swelling or bursting of the abdomen, belching, hiccups, loud and profuse gas leakage, cramping pains, rumbling in the abdomen. In turn, the pathological condition can be caused both by the use of certain products, and by certain diseases (dysbacteriosis, pancreatitis, colitis, cirrhosis), inflammatory processes in the intestine, intestinal infections and parasites, structural disorders.
Contraindications to the use of gastrological plant solution are:
- bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, caused by various pathologies,
- ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum due to the possibility of opening bleeding,
- acute stage of hepatitis,
- mechanical jaundice, called obturative,
- an obstruction of an intestine,
- acute inflammatory processes in the abdominal cavity (appendicitis, peritonitis, etc.),
- acute and chronic forms of glomerulonephritis (a dangerous immuno-inflammatory disease of the glomeruli of the kidneys that filter blood).
Use of the drug "Gastrofit" in the form of a solution for oral administration is considered unacceptable during pregnancy, breastfeeding. The drug is also not intended for use in pediatrics.
With care, you need to apply a sweet solution to patients with diabetes, because the content of sorbitol in the preparation is quite large.
Taking medication can be accompanied by allergic reactions, intestinal colic, stool retardation and increased acts of defecation.
Method of administration and dose. A single dose for any pathology is 5 ml (1 tsp) under the condition of a triple intake and 10 ml if the drug is taken 2 times a day.
Take the medicine for half an hour before meals, in pure form or diluted in a small amount of liquid.
The therapeutic course is usually 21-28 days, but if necessary, the course of treatment can be repeated.
Medication or dietary supplements?
If the "Gastrofit" from the company "Am" is classified as a medicinal product of vegetable origin, many other products with the same name can be attributed to biologically active food additives (BAA), which alleviate the symptoms of certain pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract and have a positive effect on the digestion process itself .
Such supplements include the drug "Gastrofit" in the form of tablets (in the package 2 blisters for 10 tablets) from the company "New Life". In its composition we find flowers of marigold, linden and chamomile, grass of St. John's wort, ayr of swamp and yarrow.
The bulk of herbs have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and soothing effect on the gastrointestinal mucosa. St. John's wort, among other things, is also considered a hemostatic, while the yarrow can effectively expel worms. Also indicative are spasmolytic, regenerative, noticeable urine and choleretic and insignificant antipyretic effects of the drug.
Take dietary supplements in tablets 2 times a day for 10-15 minutes before meals. Single dose -1 tablet.
If there are reactions of intolerance to some components of the drug, it is better to refuse to take it.
Shelf life is 3 years if stored in a room with an air temperature of 5-25 degrees.
"Gastrofit" or "Gastrophyt"?
Rummaging on the pages of online pharmacies, you can find another drug called "Gastrofit", but the name on the cardboard package of green color is written in Russian and English. The latter is read as "GASTROPHYT".
This drug was developed by the Pakistani company BioZone, specializing in the production of pharmaceutical products based on plant ingredients. Production bases are located in different countries, including Kazakhstan, where the imported dietary supplements "Gastrofit" are made.
The preparation of the company ВioZone is presented in pharmacies in the form of vegetable syrup in a bottle of 120 ml, which effectively fights against nausea, eliminates pain, has a pronounced soothing effect on the gastric mucosa and the gastrointestinal tract as a whole.
This action of the drug is due to its composition:
- Scrub significantly improves digestion, among other things, possessing analgesic, anti-inflammatory and diuretic action,
- Damascus rose also relieves stomach pain, effectively fights against pathogens, including fungal infection, exhibits antioxidant and astringent properties, purifies blood,
- mint normalizes the secretory function of the stomach, stimulates the motor function of the stomach and intestines, relieves the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and excessive gassing,
- licorice - one of the most useful for digestion herbs, it helps to normalize the acidity of the stomach, has excellent antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties,
- Fennel is considered an effective remedy for flatulence and has become widespread in pediatric practice,
- senna - a universally recognized effective and safe laxative that removes constipation,
- Ginger relieves inflammation and spasms in the stomach and intestines, also has a mild laxative effect,
- cumin and cinnamon are also famous for their pronounced antispasmodic effect, relieve symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, cinnamon also has astringent and antiseptic properties,
- Ferula - a good antioxidant, antispasmodic and antiseptic, effectively fights against parasites (worms), protects the mucous GIT from damages.
The drug is safe for children of different ages, and even recommended for use in unpleasant sensations of severity and heartburn associated with inappropriate eating in school and other educational institutions, as well as with fast food and sugary drinks.
The drug has a positive effect for heartburn, bloating and pain in it, nausea and vomiting, stool disorders. It is indicated in such pathologies as gastritis, ulcerous lesions of the stomach and duodenum.
Method of administration and dose. Syrup "Gastrofit" is dosed depending on the age of the patient. Single dose is:
- children 1-2 years - 0.5 tsp,
- children 2-12 years - 1 tsp.,
- adolescents and adults - 2 tsp. Syrup.
The syrup has a pleasant sweet ginger taste with a gentle mint note, so with its reception there are no problems even for the smallest ones.
You need to take vegetable syrup 3 times a day. It can be consumed in pure form or diluted in water by a course of 15 days. In chronic pathologies, it is recommended to repeat the therapeutic course 3 to 4 times a year, especially in spring and autumn, when the diseases become worse.
There are no special contraindications to the use of the drug, but against the background of increased sensitivity allergic reactions can develop. Do not use the drug for therapy of infants.
Since the syrup contains a sweetener, it should be taken with caution to those who have blood sugar levels elevated, in particular to patients with diabetes mellitus.
Herbal tea "Gastrofit"
As an auxiliary tool for gastritis with increased acidity and ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract, phyto-tea "Gastrofit-1" is also used. It is produced in Kazakhstan by the company "TES".
In the packaging of tea we find 20 filter bags of 1.5 grams, containing the crushed parts of the following plants:
- chamomile (flower),
- yarrow (grass),
- ayr (rhizome),
- licorice (roots).
The way of application and the dose of phyto-tea are the same for all pathologies and ages: 1 or 2 filter bags are poured into a glass of boiling water and insist for about half an hour, occasionally stirring for a better release of nutrients from the composition.
It is advisable to drink tea 1 hour after the main meal. Multiplicity of admission - 3-4 times a day.
The composition of tea is very modest, but effective in the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract. It is not suitable only for those who have hypersensitivity to one or several components of a fragrant herbal drink.
You can buy tea without a doctor's prescription. Keep it for no more than 2 years in a dry, well-ventilated place.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Gastrofit" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.