All iLive content is medically reviewed or fact checked to ensure as much factual accuracy as possible.
We have strict sourcing guidelines and only link to reputable media sites, academic research institutions and, whenever possible, medically peer reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (, , etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate, out-of-date, or otherwise questionable, please select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
Ear congestion without pain and with pain
Medical expert of the article
Unpleasant sensations in the organs of hearing can cause problems with appetite, irritability, and general weakness.
The overlap of the auditory canal of inflammatory and infectious etiology proceeds with a deterioration in overall well-being. The first signs of ear congestion are manifested by malaise, weakness. Possible fever, chills, nausea.
There may be a feeling of pressure in the ear, pain, itching, burning. When the eardrum is damaged and an acute inflammatory process occurs, a discharge from the ear cavity appears.
Congestion of the ear without pain
Most often, a painless hearing loss occurs after swimming, diving, or flying a plane. It also develops due to pressure drops, but does not affect pain receptors and does not cause discomfort. Unpleasant sensations in the ears after bathing occur due to water entering the external auditory canal.
The absence of pain is characteristic of the initial stages of the formation of sulfur plugs. But as the disease progresses, a feeling of congestion can be complemented by inflammatory processes and sharp shooting pains in the ears.
Another possible cause of painless overlap of the auditory tube is uncomplicated colds, runny nose. Hypertensive women and women during pregnancy experience this symptom. In most cases, to normalize hearing it is enough to eliminate the cause that provoked it.
Congestion and tinnitus
Tinnitus or tinnitus is a condition in which the brain fails when it perceives sound waves from the external environment. Often, the sensation of noise is complemented by hearing impairment in one or both organs at the same time. Patients confronted with this problem indicate that the noise can be manifested by hum, hissing, ringing, clicking, peeping.
There are several degrees of tinnitus, based on its tolerance by the human body:
- Extraneous sounds do not cause severe discomfort.
- Noise causes irritation and negatively affects the quality of sleep.
- Noise is very disturbing, reflects on the emotional state.
- A person can not concentrate, develop insomnia, headaches.
Tinnitus is not an independent disease, and is one of the signs of violations of the body. On this basis, it is evaluated in conjunction with other symptoms.
Possible causes of tinnitus and hearing impairment include:
- Meniere's disease is a non-infectious lesion of the inner ear. When this disorder in the body accumulates fluid that causes hearing loss, the appearance of noise and squishing in the ears, nausea, vomiting, dizziness. Without early diagnosis and treatment, Meniere's syndrome can cause disability.
- Sensorineural hearing loss is a lesion of the auditory nerve, which may indicate brain pathologies (tumors, concussions, circulatory disorders).
- Otitis is an inflammation of the middle ear. May occur as a complication of colds, flu and other diseases. Manifested by a feeling of pressure and noise in the ear, headaches and dizziness, exudate secretion from the ear.
- Arterial hypertension is damage to the small blood vessels of the brain. Painful symptoms occur in both ears at the same time.
- Atherosclerosis - cholesterol is deposited on the walls of the arteries, which causes the lumen of the vessels to narrow and blood flow to the brain is disturbed. Against the background of this pathology increases the risk of stroke.
Congestion and tinnitus occur when injuries, hearing loss, foreign bodies get into the ear canal, due to sulfuric traffic jams, barotrauma, listening to loud music, endocrine pathologies. Treatment of a painful condition is aimed at eliminating the cause of its occurrence. With early diagnosis and effective therapy, the risk of developing complications is minimal.
Congestion of nose and ears
The most common reason for laying nose and ears at the same time is rhinitis. The inflammatory process in the nasal cavity develops due to infection with pathogenic flora or allergic reactions.
Discomfort occurs due to swelling of the mucous membrane of the nose and throat, blocking the entrance to the auditory tubes. If there is additional symptoms, such as pain, noise or tinnitus, this indicates a transition of the inflammatory process to the mucous membrane of the tympanic cavity.
Treatment is complex. The patient is prescribed vasoconstrictor nasal drops, solutions for washing the nasal passages, ear drops and special gymnastics for the auditory tubes, and multivitamin complexes.
Pain and congestion in the ear
Various infectious inflammatory processes can cause ear pain and hearing loss. Most often, similar symptoms are observed with otitis externa. Pain is one of the first signs of frustration. The discomfort is aggravated by attempts to clean the ear and the movements of the auricle.
In addition to otitis, unpleasant symptoms occur with fluctuations in atmospheric pressure during flights on an airplane and diving divers. Another cause of pain is injuries with damage to the intra-aural structures, infectious and inflammatory diseases of the pharynx, nose, maxillary sinuses and allergic reactions.
The treatment is aimed at eliminating the causes that provoked the disease state. Special attention is paid to preventive measures that are necessary to prevent risk factors for the disorder.
Ear congestion without reason
Any irregularities in the body have certain causes. Based on this, ear congestion cannot occur by itself. Most often, it indicates pathological processes in the Eustachian tube and auditory canal, which connect the nasopharynx with the tympanic cavity.
- At first glance, unreasonable hearing loss can be caused by inflammatory and infectious processes in the body, to act as a complication of recent colds, injuries or surgical interventions.
- The disorder occurs on the background of allergic reactions, while taking certain groups of drugs.
- Diseases of internal organs, pathologies of the cardiovascular and nervous system, also provoke problems with the perception of sound information.
An integrated diagnostic approach allows you to establish the cause of the overlap of the auditory canal and make an effective treatment plan.
Headache and congestion in the ears
Headache occurs in various pathological conditions. If it appears at the same time as hearing impairment, this may be due to changes in atmospheric pressure, water penetration into the ears during bathing, and hormonal disruptions in the body.
Possible causes of the disorder include:
- High blood pressure.
- Cervical osteochondrosis.
- Acute sinusitis.
- Catarrhal and viral diseases.
- Inflammation in the ears (otitis, labyrinthitis, mastoiditis).
- Neuroma (benign neoplasm of the auditory nerve) and brain tumor lesions.
- Sulfur plug.
- Injuries and mechanical damage to the ears.
Headache and overlap of the auditory canal are characteristic of overwork and stress. For treatment, it is enough to tidy up the nervous system. In all other cases, a comprehensive diagnosis is shown, on the basis of which a treatment plan is drawn up.
Temple pain and congestion in the ear
Very often, a severe headache causes pressing, throbbing pains in the temples and hearing problems. Discomfort can occur at any time and be both one-sided and two-sided.
The main causes of the disorder are:
- Hypertension - due to increased pressure, there are spasms of the auditory canal and there are throbbing pains in the temples and the back of the head. To relieve discomfort, you can take antispasmodic and antihypertensive drugs.
- Dystonia - discomfort occurs after exercise, due to sleep disturbance, weather changes and many other factors. For treatment shown receiving pain medication.
- Increased intracranial pressure - with this pathology, a complex of painful symptoms occurs. Acute headache gives to temples, eyes, ears and other parts of the body. There may be nausea and a sharp deterioration in general well-being.
A painful condition occurs when atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels, colds, infectious pathologies and depletion of the body. Methods of treatment depend on the reasons for the indisposition.
Nape pain and ear congestion
Headache in the occipital region in the complex with hearing impairment is a rather unpleasant phenomenon, which causes a lot of inconvenience. A painful condition develops due to many reasons and factors, the main ones are:
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
- Vascular diseases.
- Neuralgia of the occipital nerve.
- Increased intracranial pressure.
- Cervical myositis.
To identify the above reasons, conduct ultrasound, MRI, blood pressure measurement, as well as laboratory tests. Treatment depends on the results of diagnosis and is aimed at eliminating the primary disease that caused the pain symptoms.
Ear ringing and congestion
One of the most frequent symptoms that occurs with partial hearing loss is a sensation of tinnitus. The main causes of an unpleasant condition include:
- Inflammatory processes in the ENT organs.
- Changes in atmospheric pressure or blood pressure surges.
- Rhinitis, sinusitis, sinusitis.
- Sulfur plugs.
- Allergic reactions.
- Ingestion of fluid or foreign objects, insects into the ear cavity.
- Tumor lesions of the auditory structures of the brain.
- Hearing loss
- Flight by plane, fast driving in the car.
- The curvature of the nasal septum.
If the ears are laid permanently and this is complemented by ringing, sensation of noise, headaches, dizziness, general weakness and other painful symptoms, then you should seek medical help.
Dizziness and congestion in the ears
Disruption of the blood supply to the brain tissue and the grass of the vestibular or hearing aids are the main causes of dizziness and hearing problems.
- Blood supply problems occur with cervical osteochondrosis, that is, damage / cross-clamping of the vertebral arteries. In this case, the painful symptoms most often manifest themselves with a sudden change in body position.
- The vestibular apparatus is located near the organ of hearing. On this basis, any herbs of the head and concussions lead to disorientation, incoordination, dizziness, and a sensation of tinnitus.
The treatment process consists of a comprehensive diagnosis and determination of the causes of the disorder. According to the results of the research, the most effective method of therapy is selected.
Congestion of the right ear
There are many diseases and factors that can cause blockage of the ear canal of the right ear. Unilateral hearing impairment may be a sign of the anatomical features of the structure of the body or disorders in the vascular system.
The most common reasons why the right ear is laying are:
- Inflammation of colds, flu, antritis, sinusitis.
- Foreign body trapped in the external auditory canal.
- Damage to the auditory nerve.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system and the brain.
- Fluid in the ear.
- Sulfur plug.
- Adhesions on the eardrum after otitis transferred.
- Traumatic brain injury.
An unpleasant symptom occurs when traveling by plane and diving. Another factor to consider is hormonal changes in the body. If the symptom persists for a prolonged period of time, or if it continues with additional symptoms, then seek medical attention. Timely diagnosis and treatment minimize the risk of complications and hearing loss.
Congestion of the left ear
Violations of the perception of sound information with the right ear have the same reasons as in the case of a violation on the left side. Most often it is colds or runny nose. To restore hearing, it is enough to cure a cold and drip vasoconstrictive drops into the nose. Effectively cleaning the nasal cavity with a solution of sea salt to cleanse the nasal sinuses from mucus.
If the discomfort is caused by water getting into the ear canal, it can be removed with a cotton ball or tilted to one side and jump on one leg, tightly pressing the palms to the ears and sharply removing them. For foreign objects and insects in the ear, you should immediately seek medical help. Attempts to cope with this problem on their own are dangerous with trauma to the eardrum.
If the ear lays and dizziness, nausea or headaches appear on this background, then this may be a sign of circulatory disorders, cervical osteochondrosis and more serious pathologies. In this case, a comprehensive comprehensive examination of the body is required.
Ear temperature and congestion
Increased body temperature in the complex with hearing impairment often indicates infectious-inflammatory processes in the body:
- Otitis media
- Exudative otitis.
- Influenza, SARS, ORZ.
The progression of inflammatory reactions and the release of biologically active substances into the systemic circulation provoke a rise in temperature. Pathogenic microorganisms and bacteria affect the mucous membranes, causing them to swell. As a result, nasal congestion and hearing problems appear.
As the underlying disease is eliminated, hearing is also restored. Another possible cause of temperature and hearing problems is the body’s immune response to the allergen. Apply antihistamine preparations to stop an allergic reaction.
Congestion of nose and ears
The main reason for the violation of nasal breathing and hearing is inflammatory-infectious diseases. First of all, these are diseases of the upper respiratory tract, that is, sinusitis, otitis media, sinusitis, rhinitis. Viruses and bacteria attack the mucous membrane, which swells and inflames. Because of this, lays nose and ears.
Even at first glance, a harmless coryza, occurs with swelling of the nasal mucosa, which passes to the Eustachian tube connecting the nasopharynx with the tympanic cavity. Due to puffiness, the narrowing and blocking of the auditory canal occurs. Another possible cause of the disorder is polyps and tumor growths in the nasal cavity.
If the disease state is caused by inflammatory or infectious causes, then therapy consists of eliminating the underlying pathology. Patients prescribed vasoconstrictor nasal drops, solutions for washing the nasal sinuses and instillation of the ear. When polyps are surgical treatment.
Cough and congestion of ears
In most cases, cough attacks and disturbances in the perception of sound information indicate inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Cough occurs due to irritation of cough receptors, inflamed pharyngeal mucosa. A ears lays due to edema of the auditory tubes. For symptomatic treatment apply antitussive and vasoconstrictor drugs. It is mandatory to conduct complex therapy of the main pathology.
Another possible cause of the disorder is a sulfur plug or a foreign object in the external auditory canal. Irritation of the nerve fibers of the auditory canal provokes irritation of the cough center and causes reflex cough attacks. The cough is dry and worse when trying to clean the ear. The discomfort passes independently after the removal of the stimulus.
Sore throat and congestion in the ears
Most often, lays the ears and sore throats with colds. Infectious processes in the upper respiratory tract provoke swelling of the mucous membrane, which causes discomfort. Such symptoms are observed with a common cold, sore throat, pharyngitis.
Sore throat and ears are characteristic of many infectious diseases: otitis, measles, scarlet fever, chicken pox, tubotit, diphtheria, tonsillitis. In this case, the discomfort associated with the anatomical features of the body: the nasopharynx interacts with the ear, so the pathogenic flora can penetrate from the nose to the tissue of the middle ear.
Sore throat and overlap of the auditory canal are observed with an increase in lymph nodes, which are part of the lymphoid ring in the nasopharynx. Edema of the lymphatic tissue closes the entrance to the Eustachian tubes and middle ear. Treatment of a painful condition depends on the reasons for its occurrence.
Congestion of ears without rhinitis
In most cases, hearing loss, occurring without a cold, pain in the head, throat and other pathological symptoms indicates that the problem is in the ear itself.
Violation occurs in such situations:
- External or average otitis.
- Cervical osteochondrosis.
- Sulfur plugs.
- Herbs and mechanical damage to the eardrum.
- Water ingress into the external auditory canal after swimming.
- Immersion to great depths under water.
- Flights on the plane.
Also possible causes include tumor tumors in one of the structures of the ear cavity or brain. To establish the root cause of the disorder, a comprehensive diagnosis is conducted, the results of which are used to prepare a treatment plan.
Ear congestion and nausea
One of the possible causes of nausea and hearing problems is flying in an airplane. An unpleasant condition develops due to the difference in atmospheric pressure and pressure in the tympanic cavity. This is observed when driving too fast in a car, on a carousel, or when diving to a great depth.
Also, nausea and congestion provoke failures in the vestibular apparatus. Symptoms occur after physical or acoustic trauma. The vestibular analyzer is not able to determine the exact position of the human body, which is why nausea, gagging, hearing impairment, and front sight occur.
This kind of discomfort can be a sign of pregnancy, intoxication, infectious diseases, high blood pressure, sulfuric plug in the ear. To draw up a treatment plan, the doctor comprehensively assesses the patient’s condition, taking into account all the symptoms. According to the results of the diagnostics, effective therapeutic methods are selected.
Ear congestion and itching
The accumulation of large amounts of sulfur in the external auditory canal is the most common cause of itching and hearing problems. Dry ear secrets irritate nerve endings in the auditory tube and cause unpleasant symptoms.
There are also other causes of discomfort:
- External otitis.
- Chronic sulfur otitis.
- Fungal ear infections.
- Foreign object in the ear.
- Dermatological diseases.
- Mechanical damage to the ear canal and eardrum.
- Endocrine pathology (diabetes).
Treatment methods depend on the stated causes of the disorder. If otomycosis is detected, then antimycotic drugs are prescribed that suppress the fungus. When otitis shows antibacterial agents. For dermatological diseases or allergic reactions, antihistamine medications are used.
Special attention is paid to preventive measures aimed at preventing itching and disturbing the perception of sound information.
Ear congestion in the morning
The overlap of the auditory canal after a night's rest may occur due to various reasons. But most often the unpleasant state is associated with such factors:
- In infectious and inflammatory lesions of the upper respiratory tract, during sleep, the pharyngeal mucosa swells. Because of this, the entrances to the auditory tubes are blocked. The air from the tympanic cavity is partially absorbed and a negative pressure is created in it that draws in the eardrum. It is because of this that lays ears after a night rest. A pair of swallowing movements and yawning allow you to restore hearing and normalize pressure in the tympanic cavity.
- Increased secretion of earwax can block the external auditory canal during sleep, making it difficult for sound waves to pass to it. But after awakening, the person begins to move and the hearing is normalized. Movement of the lower jaw compresses the walls of the auditory canals and contribute to their purification from sulfur.
If the discomfort persists for a long period of time or is supplemented by pathological symptoms, then you should seek medical help.
Ear congestion and numbness
Reduced sensitivity of ear tissue in the complex with hearing impairment can have both physiological and pathological causes.
Numbness and overlap of the auditory canal occur in such cases:
- Hypothermia - prolonged exposure at low temperatures leads to slower blood circulation. Because of this, the sensitivity of the ears disappears, pain and hearing problems appear. When moving into a warm room, unpleasant symptoms disappear.
- Brain Diseases
- Arterial hypertension.
- Oncological pathology.
- Injuries, bumps and ear bruises cause hematomas and hemorrhages. When the nerve endings are damaged, numbness develops and can build up the ears.
- Circulatory disorders, vascular pathologies.
- Inflammatory processes.
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, herniation of intervertebral discs, infringement.
- Disorders of the endocrine system.
If impaired sensitivity and hearing loss are complemented by increased body temperature, face deformity, impaired coordination of movements and speech, emergency medical care is required. If you leave this symptom complex without attention, this can cause serious complications and death.
Ear congestion and discharge
Normally, only the ear secretion (sulfur) of a yellow-brown color is distinguished from the organ of hearing. The appearance of other secretions in combination with hearing impairment indicates pathological processes requiring medical intervention.
There are several types of discharge from the ear cavity and the reasons for their appearance:
- Purulent discharge - indicate inflammation in the outer or middle ear. Occur with otitis (external, medium, acute, chronic), otomycosis (fungal inflammation), opened furuncle (inflammation of the sebaceous glands) of the ear canal.
- Transparent - rupture of the eardrum due to the exudative form of otitis media. Allergic reactions, leakage of CSF in traumatic brain injury with a fracture of the skull base.
- Bloody - injuries and mechanical damage to the eardrum or ear canal, tumor lesions of the auditory structures.
Often, abnormal discharge from the ear is accompanied not only by hearing problems, but also by headaches, dizziness, fever, runny nose, enlarged lymph nodes (submandibular, cervical, ear), swelling and soreness in the ear and parotid region.
To establish the causes of the disease state, a comprehensive diagnosis is carried out. Treatment options depend on the cause of the disorder. But for all types of pathological secretions, patients are prescribed special care for the ear cavity. If you let this violation take its course, then there is a risk of serious complications, one of which is deafness.
Congestion and ripple in the ear
Pulsating sensations in the ear and hearing impairment cause significant discomfort. The main causes of the disease state include:
- ENT diseases.
- Cardiovascular pathology.
- Injuries to the ear, head and neck.
- Intoxication of the body.
- Tumor neoplasms.
Pulsation can be associated with age-related changes, as with age, the degeneration of the tissues of the hearing aid occurs. Discomfort occurs when hormonal changes and pregnancy, cervical osteochondrosis, as well as sulfuric traffic jams.
Treatment begins with establishing the causes and factors of hearing impairment. If it is impossible to completely get rid of the problem, patients are prescribed a course of physiotherapy, vitamin therapy and other methods that alleviate the discomfort.
Heaviness in the head and congestion in the ears
Often, a condition in which there is heaviness in the head and lays the ears is a sign of overwork. Similar is observed in such cases:
- Pathology of the cardiovascular system.
- Inflammatory diseases of upper respiratory tract.
- Inflammatory process in the musculoskeletal system and joints.
- Violations of the vestibular apparatus.
- Meniere's disease.
Discomfort occurs with allergic reactions, neurological disorders, osteochondrosis.
Treatment of unpleasant symptoms depends on the reasons that provoked them. There are also a number of general recommendations to ease the painful condition. First of all, you should give up bad habits, walk in the fresh air every day, balance your diet, maintain water balance, avoid stressful situations and promptly treat any diseases.
Congestion of both ears
If both ears lay simultaneously, then most often this indicates a sharp change in pressure. This happens when diving to a depth or during logging in an airplane. Due to the sharp drop in atmospheric pressure, the body cannot quickly adapt. Therefore, the tympanic membrane is pressed into the Eustachian tube, which is responsible for internal pressure.
Bilateral violation of the perception of sound information occurs when diseases of internal organs, acute inflammatory and infectious pathologies, tumor neoplasms, intoxication processes and allergic reactions.
Other possible causes of the disorder include damage to the auditory nerve, craniocerebral injuries, pathologies from the nervous or cardiovascular systems. If the ears lay often enough and at first glance for no apparent reason, then you should seek medical help. ENT will conduct a comprehensive examination of the body to identify and eliminate the causes of hearing loss.
Dizziness, congestion in the ears, weakness
There are many reasons that provoke a similar symptom complex. In most cases, dizziness lasts no more than a minute, but after it a person feels weak and congested ears for several hours.
Consider the main causes of the disorder:
- Vascular disorders - impaired blood flow due to atherosclerosis, spasms, compression of arteries in the vertebrae leads to the fact that the brain suffers from oxygen deficiency and glucose. Pathological condition is manifested by headaches, dizziness, darkening of the eyes, tinnitus, severe weakness, impaired speech.
- Migraine - severe headaches and dizziness, general weakness, acute reaction to harsh sounds and light.
- Otitis is an inflammation of the middle and inner ear. Manifested by increased body temperature, hearing impairment and pain, dizziness, impaired coordination of movements.
- Low blood pressure - accompanied by darkening of the eyes, dizziness, pain and noise in the ears.
- Tumors - if the tumor is located near the inner ear, then it manifests a sharp decrease in hearing, headaches, dizziness.
- Anemia - a deficiency of hemoglobin and red blood cells leads to the fact that the brain does not receive enough nutrients. It causes weakness, heaviness in the head, dizziness, pain in the ears.
- Drugs - Some drugs can cause similar painful symptoms.
To determine the cause of the pathological symptoms, a comprehensive examination is carried out. The patient is prescribed laboratory tests, MRI, ultrasound, x-rays. Based on the results of the diagnosis, a therapy plan is drawn up. During treatment, you must give up alcohol, nicotine, review your daily routine and balance your diet.
Ear plugs after sleep
In some cases, after sleep, there is a sensation of noise and congestion in the ears. Such a condition can be caused by the following reasons:
- Sulfuric cork - a large accumulation of sulfur violates audibility. This is particularly acute after a night's rest, as during the day, hearing is normalized. If the sulfur plug is large, then the person may not completely hear on the sore ear.
- Blood pressure jumps - if after awakening a person abruptly assumes a vertical position, this leads to a pressure jump and temporary deafness. As a rule, the condition returns to normal within a couple of minutes.
- Inflammation of the ear - many patients note that the otitis symptoms worsen after sleep. In addition to violations of the perception of sound information may appear itching, soreness, noise.
- Head injuries - if, after a blow to the head, the ear is buried and hearing is impaired, you should immediately consult a doctor. Without timely diagnosis and treatment, there is a risk of complete deafness.
- Colds, viral infections, flu - if the disease is not cured to the end, then this leads to an accumulation of mucus in the nasopharynx and the back of the mouth. During a night's sleep, the mucus shifts to the ear canal, which causes it to overlap.
Painful symptoms occur when sleeping on an improperly selected pillow, when during rest the vessels around the neck and in the head were clamped. Also possible causes of nasal congestion include improper nasal septum structure, allergic reactions, brain pathologies, and damage to the auditory nerve.
If the problem persists for a long period of time, you should seek medical help and undergo a comprehensive diagnosis.
Congestion and gurgling in the ears
One of the first symptoms of inflammation in the organ of hearing is gurgling and a feeling of congestion. Possible causes of the disorder include:
- Water entering the ear canal.
- Diseases of the inner ear.
- Tumor neoplasms.
- Sulfuric congestion or sulfur accumulation.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Mental disorders.
- Diseases of the circulatory system.
- Long physical exertion.
- Overwork and stress.
If water gets into the ear, the gurgling will last until the liquid is removed. If the eardrum is damaged, the pathological process may be delayed. This happens when earwax accumulates in the depth of the ear canal.
But according to medical statistics, the most common cause of discomfort is secretory form of otitis. The accumulation of exudate in the middle ear behind the eardrum or in the inner part of the organ causes irritation of the elements and components of the sound transmission. Gurgling and congestion are observed in the early stages of inflammation. In the later stages, a sensation of pressure and painful sensations appear.
Treatment begins with the diagnosis and the establishment of the root cause of pathology. To do this, conduct audiometry, tomography, x-rays and other studies. If gurgling and hearing impairment are triggered by a sulfur plug, then washing and instillation for dissolving sulfur are performed for this. In ENT diseases, drug therapy and a course of physiotherapy are indicated.
Aching, pressing pain in the ear, stuffiness
The most common cause of aching, shooting and pressing pain in the ears in combination with a violation of the perception of sound information is the inflammation of one of the parts of the ear zone.
Also the possible causes of this symptom include:
- Fluid in the ear.
- Improper flushing of the nasal cavity.
- Infection with ear hygiene.
- Infectious diseases of the body.
- Acute and chronic colds.
- Rupture (perforation) of the eardrum.
The aching pains are characteristic of intoxication. For example, if chemical and aggressive substances are injected into the ear cavity or when the body is generally poisoned. Another possible cause of the disorder is the pathology of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, circulatory disorders.
The aching pains can be complemented by a sensation of noise, squelching, pain in different parts of the head, and heaviness in the temporal zone. Painful sensations are both one-sided and from both sides at the same time. In severe cases, the symptoms are complemented by increased body temperature, pressure spikes, impaired coordination of movements.
For diagnosis, the doctor collects a history and examines the ear cavity, conducts tests for auditory perception of speech. Ultrasound, MRI, and laboratory tests may also be prescribed. Treatment depends on the cause of the unpleasant symptom, the form and type of the disease, the main pathogen.