Blood with urination with pain, cuts
A very serious reason for urgent treatment to the doctor is blood during urination, and in particular, if such a sign is accompanied by pain, cuts, or if a specific additional odor appears in urine. The appearance of blood can indicate a large number of pathologies: some of them are treated quickly and without any problems, while others represent a serious danger to the body.
If you believe the statistics, blood with urination in about 50% of cases is a consequence of kidney disease, 30-35% represents bladder disease, 10% of prostate disease.
Relatively rare blood with urination manifests lesions of the ureter.
Most often this symptom is accompanied by such diseases as benign and malignant tumors in the urinary system, kidney stones, kidney tuberculosis, hydronephrosis, pyelonephritis, prostatic hyperplasia.
Causes of the blood when urinating
Independently a person is unlikely to be able to determine the cause of bloody discharge during urination. For example, a good literate physician can name more than a hundred possible causes that can cause such a symptom. Although the most common blood during urination is associated with diseases of the urinary system. It can be:
- vascular occlusions;
- a kidney or bladder tumor;
- kidney stones;
- adenoma of the prostate;
- mechanical damage to the urinary or genital area;
- gynecological problems.
In many cases, blood during urination is a consequence of the germination of tumors, both benign and malignant. For example, in the bladder can form polyps or papillomas, which destroy the blood vessels and thereby provoke the release of blood into the urine.
Blood when urinating with cystitis
Cystitis is an inflammatory reaction accompanied by considerable discomfort. Most often, women suffer from cystitis, due to the natural features of the structure of the urinary tract.
Blood with urination - hematuria - with cystitis always attracts the attention of the patient. This sign can be expressed, or insignificant. Depending on this, macro and microhematuria are separated.
Microhematuria people can not see: it is determined only by the results of tests, by the presence of blood in the urine. Usually this happens with a slight inflammation, with a chronic inflammatory process, or with microtrauma.
Macrogematuria can not go unnoticed: the color of the urinary fluid changes to pinkish or dark red, depending on the amount of blood present in the urine.
Blood in the urine can be detected with acute cystitis, or with an exacerbation of the chronic course of the disease, when the permeability of the vascular walls increases, blood coagulability decreases, and small vessels collapse.
Most often, blood during urination is found in people who have certain risk factors in their lives:
- work on harmful production, in places of accumulation of salts of heavy metals, chemicals, coloring substances;
- regular use of alcoholic beverages, malicious smoking;
- presence of papilloma virus in the body;
- chronic inflammatory processes in the body;
- carrying out irradiation and chemotherapy against tumors in other organs;
- frequent and prolonged stay in the cold;
- weak immunity;
- venereal diseases, prostatitis, frequent gynecological problems.
Blood during urination, which appears as a result of impaired renal function, is most often observed in patients with mesangial or interstitial nephritis.
The necrosis of the renal capillaries also plays a significant role in the appearance of blood in the urine.
Blood during urination often accompanies the acute course of glomerulonephritis and is one of the main signs of the disease.
Kidney disease often manifests itself with the appearance of blood during urination, but hematuria in this situation is found simultaneously with proteinuria, edema, increased blood pressure. Only in rare situations, with atypical development of jade, blood during urination may be absent.
Persistent and painless discharge of blood in the urine can be observed in patients after 40 years of age, abusing alcohol and having liver disease, pancreas, cardiovascular system.
In individual patients, blood during urination can be detected during treatment with sulfanilamide drugs, analgesics, streptomycin, medicines that contain metal salts.
Less often, blood during urination can be the result of improper or prolonged intake of contraceptives, the presence of colds, excessive physical overload.
Symptoms of the blood when urinating
Blood with urination may not be the only sign of pathology. Depending on the initial disease, other symptoms can also be observed, for example:
- turbidity of urine, appearance of sediment in it;
- pain in the lower abdomen;
- frequent urination, often with a small amount of urine output;
- pain at the end of urination, or throughout urination;
- elevated temperature;
- feeling of weakness, fatigue, pain in the head;
- signs of anemia;
- loss of appetite.
If blood is observed during urination for a long period, or if the blood content in the urine is high enough, anemia may develop.
The first signs of anemia can be:
- feeling weak, dizzy;
- blanching of the skin (especially on the face), the appearance of dark circles under the eyes;
- sensation of noise in the ears;
- fatigue, a constant desire to sleep;
- loss of appetite;
- sleep disturbance (restless sleep);
- weakening of libido;
- heart palpitations, noise while listening to the heart;
- by results of analyzes - the lowered quantity of a hemoglobin, an acidosis, the lowered quantity of erythrocytes.
For any of the above signs, you should already sound an alarm and consult a doctor: you can not expect the disease to recede itself. As a rule, everything happens the other way round: the process is aggravated, and the treatment becomes more complicated and time-consuming.
According to doctors, most patients are concerned about such issues:
- Recently, severe pain was felt, but now there are none, but blood appeared during urination. What does this mean?
The causes may be stones in the urinary system. When filtration in the kidneys, salts are deposited, which crystallize, increasing in size, and delivering pain and discomfort to the person. At some point, the stone can block the ureter, or move outward, while damaging the mucous tissues. Thus, the pain was caused by the advancement of the stone along the urinary tract. And the blood when urinating appeared because of a mucous stone injury.
- After hypothermia, frequent urge to go to the toilet, while urinating is very painful, and blood is released after urinating - just a few drops.
The listed signs unequivocally point to cystitis: after hypothermia an inflammatory process started, irritated bladder tissues led to an increase in the urge. An additional confirming symptom was the blood when urinating with the last portion of urine. In such a case it is necessary to visit a therapist or urologist.
- Does it matter for diagnosis when the blood appears: at the end of urination or at the beginning? Or does it not play a significant role?
If you find blood during urination, be sure to observe when exactly it appears, and report it to the doctor. Blood at the beginning of urination indicates the presence of pathology in the urethra or in the prostate gland. Blood at the end of urination means that there is a disease associated with the upper portion of the urethra or with the neck of the bladder. It also happens that the blood appears in the middle of the process of urination: this sign may indicate a disease of the kidneys, bladder or ureters.
- Often there is blood before urination, several drops. The urine is pure and has a normal color. What could it be?
Sometimes drops of blood before urination testify about tumor processes. These can be polyps in the urethra, angiomas or malignancies. In rare cases, a similar symptom can accompany chronic urethritis, when the entire urethra becomes permeable and bleeds easily.
- If there is severe pain during urination and blood, but not constantly, but in periods. Sometimes the lower back aches, especially on the right. What disease can be suspected?
With urolithiasis, urinalysis will always indicate the presence of red blood cells: sometimes there will be a lot of them, and sometimes less. The fact is that the stone traumatizes the urinary tract from the inside: in one case, this leads to severe bleeding, and in another - to a completely unnoticeable. In most patients with urolithiasis, the appearance of blood is accompanied by severe pain. This condition is usually called renal colic.
- At first I had a fever, and I thought that I had caught cold. But then there was frequent urination with blood. How serious is this?
Any inflammation can trigger an increase in body temperature. And if it is an inflammation of the urinary tract, then at the same time there can be hematuria - blood when urinating. The cause of this process can be pathogenic bacteria - both nonspecific (streptococci, staphylococci), and specific pathogens. It is necessary to contact a urologist and get a checkup.
- Sharply appeared blood clots during urination. However, neither pain nor any other symptoms are present. Is it a tumor?
Indeed, in malignant formations, even very heavy bleeding can occur, since the tumor can damage the passing vessels during germination. It is especially alarming when blood clots after urination are found in older patients - 50-60 years. Similar symptoms - blood when urinating without pain - are considered typical for bladder cancer.
Often you can hear from young people who are heavy smokers, this phrase: "A blood clot has dropped out while urinating - but I'm not sick at all". According to statistics, cancer tumors of the urinary tract in smokers are detected three times more often. This is due to the fact that some carcinogenic components of tobacco smoke are excreted from the body with urinary fluid, which leads to the development of malignant process.
- For several days I have been watching blood and blood during urination. What kind of doctor should I contact?
Cutting, burning with urination and blood in the urine are considered characteristic signs of infectious diseases, which are transmitted sexually. To such diseases can be attributed gonorrhea, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, chlamydia, herpes. Bacteria get on the epithelium, destroy its cells and change the acidity of the medium. Directly under the epithelium lies a large number of sensitive nerve endings: it is the irritation of these endings that causes a feeling of burning and burning.
Problems with urination often begin after infection with a sexually transmitted infection. For example, with gonorrhea, mucus can be observed with blood when urinating, sometimes with an admixture of pus. With herpes or lesions of Trichomonas, the genital organs itch and swell, while in men there are also drops of blood at the end of urination. The diagnosis is established by the venereologist: to him and treated with such symptoms in the first place.
- Already more than a year I live a sexual life with one partner, and each time there is a blood at an emiction after sex. Why?
This can occur in the presence of cicatricial changes in the areas of breakthrough of the hymen. Scars help stretch the tissues, which leads to the approach of the urethra to the vagina: this prevents the natural closure of the external hole of the urethra. As a result, there is a chronic penetration of the infection into the urethra, and cystitis with the release of a small amount of blood makes itself felt after each sexual contact. The urologist and gynecologist can solve the problem.
- Practically always there is a blood from an anus at an emiction, also often I find out traces of a blood on linen. There is no pain. Do I need to see a doctor?
Blood from the anus can appear against the background of many diseases. This happens with cracks in the anal opening, with polyposis of the intestine, with ulcerative colitis or infectious lesions. Sometimes blood is released during pregnancy, with helminthiasis. In any case, it is necessary to see a doctor to determine the cause of such a symptom. After all, in some cases, blood from the anus can be an indirect and only sign of a cancerous process in the rectum.
- In the morning after urinating a drop of blood: further throughout the day there are no symptoms. Is it possible to suspect the disease?
With urethritis - inflammatory process in the mucous urethra - blood is released only at the end, or after urination. Such inflammation can be triggered by the activation of opportunistic microflora, or by infection with infectious diseases transmitted through the sexual way. If you see blood only in the morning, then this does not mean that it does not exist during the day: you simply can not see it. The analysis of urine and consultation of the urologist will help to establish the correct diagnosis.
- Why does blood appear when urinating in women?
According to statistics, most often, women develop cystitis. In advanced cases, ordinary cystitis passes into a hemorrhagic form, in which the urine is colored intensely red. In addition, blood in women can be detected with prolonged intake of oral contraceptives: hormones lower the tone of the walls of the urinary canals, develop urine retention and, as a result, inflammation. And the inflammatory process, as you already guessed, is often accompanied by the release of blood.
Often, the urine is penetrated by blood from the vagina when urinating: for this reason, the urine sample never fails to pass during menstruation.
- Is blood bleeding when you urinate during pregnancy?
Fortunately, in most cases, the blood when urinating in many pregnant women is physiological, or idiopathic. The causes of this phenomenon are the strongest hormonal changes, the pressure of the uterus and fetus on the urinary system, damage to the capillaries in the area of the kidney cups (due to increased intra-abdominal pressure). This symptom disappears after the birth of the child. However, in order to be convinced of the absence of danger, it is better to pre-examine.
- How often is the blood observed when urinating in men, and what is the reason for this?
Slight bleeding during urination in many cases is not a pathology: if a man is hard working, that the damage to blood vessels can be due to this. This symptom will disappear on your own after a long rest. However, we should not discount the possible pathology: in men, blood can appear with prostate diseases, with oncology, with contact genital infections.
- How serious is it if the parents detect blood when they urinate in children?
In addition to general factors, which we have already mentioned more than once, there are a number of reasons that cause the appearance of blood during urination in children. Blood can appear not as a result of diseases of the kidney or urethra, but because of blood formation disorders or due to vascular disease. This means that the blood becomes more fluid, and the blood vessels are more vulnerable. This happens in patients with hemophilia, thrombocytopenia, diseases of Verlhoff and Shenlein-Genoch.
Blood during urination in newborns is often a consequence of urine acid diathesis, when renal structures are damaged by crystallized urinary salts.
In addition, blood in the urinalysis of the baby can appear after viral infections, or after taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (as a side effect).
Consequences and complications
If you try to cure your blood when you urinate on your own, or do not treat the disease at all, then the rapid development of complications is possible:
- Secondary infection is attached;
- pathogenic microorganisms become immune to the action of antibiotics;
- develops urethritis, glomerulonephritis;
- acute disease is transformed into chronic;
- anemia develops due to a constant loss of blood;
- kidney failure develops;
- there is an acute stagnation of urine.
To avoid such complications, the doctor should be treated promptly, without trying to cure the disease on his own, and not hoping for self-healing.
Diagnostics of the blood when urinating
To determine the cause of the appearance of blood during urination, the patient must undergo a diagnosis. Only having on hand the results of the examinations, the doctor will be able to prescribe the correct treatment.
To establish the correct diagnosis, the following examinations may be required:
- Analyzes in the laboratory:
- general urine analysis;
- general blood analysis;
- biochemistry of blood, evaluation of coagulation;
- bacussis urine to determine a possible infection;
- urinalysis by Nechiporenko.
- Instrumental diagnostics:
- intravenous urography procedures;
- ultrasound examination of the urinary tract;
- ultrasound examination of the genital sphere (in women, the uterus and appendages are examined, and in men - the prostate gland);
- Consultations of specialists: gynecologist, proctologist, urologist, venereologist, surgeon, infectious disease specialist, etc.
Differential diagnosis is carried out with such pathological conditions:
- Pseudogematuria is a condition where a person sees a urine of red color, but there is no blood in the laboratory. Often pseudogematuria can be observed with hemoglobinuria, during treatment with analgin, tetracycline, tuborin, as well as when eating beets or dark-colored carbonated drinks.
- Urethroragia is the bleeding of the urethra, which is observed in trauma or tumor processes.
Treatment of the blood when urinating
Blood with urination is not an independently occurring disease, but only a sign of some pathology, therefore it is pointless to talk about a specific and unified scheme of therapy in this case. After reviewing the diagnostic results, the doctor will prescribe to the patient those medicines that affect the underlying disease that caused the appearance of blood during urination. Such drugs can become antibiotics, antiviral agents, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, etc.
In certain cases - if a benign or malignant tumor is detected - the doctor may prescribe surgical treatment.
If blood components are present in the urine in large quantities, then hemostatic medicines may be needed against the background of urgent hospitalization of the patient: this condition often poses a danger not only to health, but also to the life of the patient.
The drugs are prescribed as follows:
- antibiotics - after the identification of a specific pathogen of infection;
- antiviral drugs;
- vasoconstrictive agents, haemostatic agents;
- preparations for washing the urethra and bladder.
Dosing and Administration
Applied with infections of the urinary system, on average - 750 mg three times a day.
There may be allergies, diarrhea, nausea, candidiasis, seizures, hearing impairment.
Allergy to cefuroxime can develop in patients sensitive to penicillin.
Applied with mechanical damage to the urinary tract - for example, with urolithiasis. As a rule, take 100 mg of the drug inside, twice a day.
Possible development of dyspepsia, headache, allergies.
Nimesulide is not prescribed for chronic kidney failure.
Applied with nephrolithiasis, urethrolithiasis, cystitis, pyelitis, spasms of the bladder. The standard dose is 1-2 tablets up to 3 times a day.
There may be pain in the head, dizziness, lowering of blood pressure.
No-spa is not used to treat children under 6 years old.
It is used to stop bleeding, 15-30 mg per day inside, or 10-15 mg per day in the form of intramuscular injections.
Rarely does an allergy occur.
Vikasol can be used from the newborn period, according to the indications.
When treating bloody discharge during urination, it is important to replenish the body's lack of vitamins and minerals, because with blood, a person loses many useful components. Of particular importance are preparations containing iron and vitamins, which facilitate its assimilation.
Most often the doctor recommends taking such multivitamin preparations:
- Tardiferon (combination of iron and vitamin C);
- Gemsineral TD (contains iron, folic acid and vitamin B 12 );
- Globiron (contains iron, folic acid and vitamins B 6 and B 12 );
- Fenules (contains iron, folic acid, vitamins C, B 1, B 2, B 6, B 12 ).
There are many other multivitamin preparations for maintaining the body when blood is excreted in the urine. Sometimes the doctor appoints monovitamins in the form of injections: pyridoxine, cyanocobalamin, folic acid. These vitamins are prescribed depending on the type and scale of blood discharge during urination.
Physiotherapy can be prescribed not during a period of exacerbation, but at the stage of remission of an inflammatory disease, if it is diagnosed on the background of the appearance of hematuria.
For example, patients with nephritis are prescribed:
- use of mineral waters;
- sodium chloride or carbonate baths;
- amplipulse treatment;
- Microwave treatment;
- therapy with direct current.
At nephritis fizioprotsedury are contraindicated:
- in the active stage of the inflammatory process;
- in the terminal phase of chronic pyelonephritis;
- at a polycystosis;
- with hydronephrosis in the stage of decompensation.
Patients with cystitis are recommended:
- UHF treatment;
- infrared irradiation of the projection zone of the bladder;
- sodium chloride bath;
- paraffin (ozokerite) topically.
Contraindications in this case are:
- prostate adenoma of the second and third degree;
- diseases requiring surgical treatment;
- ulcerative-necrotic cystitis.
In the presence of malignant tumors, any kind of physiotherapy is contraindicated.
Blood with urination is too serious a symptom, in all cases indicating the development of a disease, sometimes even very dangerous. Counting on the fact that the condition is normalized by itself, it is impossible: often the disease only progresses, and the symptoms become more pronounced and severe. That is why alternative recipes can be used only when the cause of this symptom is accurately established, and the doctor is not against the use of such treatment.
Independently to try to treat hematuria with herbs and alternative methods, not knowing the true cause of the disease, is categorically unacceptable.
- Pour 30 grams of parsley seeds 400 ml of boiling water, insist for an hour. The received medicine should be drunk during the day, little by little.
- Take equal amounts of chamomile and horsetail grass. One tablespoon of the mixture is brewed in 250 ml of boiling water and drunk during the day. Every day should prepare a new dose of medicine.
- Grind 2 tbsp. L. Yarrow and brewed in 250 ml of boiling water. Infusion drink 30 ml (about 1 tbsp.) Several times a day.
- Prepare tea or compote of cranberries and cranberries. Drink as often as possible.
You can also add cowberry leaves when brewing ordinary tea. Such tea is drunk 3-4 times a day, 200 ml each.
Herbs are often used to accelerate the healing process and to alleviate the painful symptoms of diseases. If there is blood during urination, then such herbal remedies can help:
- Grass celandine in the form of infusion - eliminates pain and inflammation as early as the second day after the beginning of its use.
- Flax seed - is used in the form of infusion (1 tsp for 200 ml of boiling water), which stops the development of inflammation and improves the composition of urine.
- Tea based on lime-colored - has strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Decoction of rowan berries - relieves pain and rezi with cystitis, strengthens blood vessels, improves the quality of blood clotting.
- Cranberries - leaves and fruits - are a natural antiseptic and strengthen the blood vessels and walls of the bladder.
In combination with drug therapy, herbal therapy will help to quickly overcome the disease and strengthen the body as a whole.
Homeopathic remedies can be used only after finding out the cause and source of blood on urination, and also in the absence of surgical, transfusion and intensive resuscitation.
If there is blood during urination, it is recommended to pay attention to such homeopathic medicines:
- Arnica Montana - helps with bleeding associated with damage to blood vessels. Used internally in the dilution of x3, 3, 6.
- Millefolium (yarrow) - is used for capillary bleeding, to increase the activity of the blood coagulation system, in small dilutions (x1, x2, x3), often.
- Ferrum aceticum (acetic acid iron) - is used for blood urination caused by a trauma to the kidneys or urinary tracts, as well as when passing the stone along the ureter. Dilution x3, 3, 6.
- Crotus - it is prescribed for diffuse kidney damage, with disruption of blood coagulation, with hemorrhagic vasculitis. Dilutions 6, 12, 30.
For the prevention of hematuria, it is necessary to comply with such generally accepted rules:
- Do not neglect personal intimate hygiene;
- timely treatment of various chronic diseases in the body, including infection of the urinary system;
- not allow the development of dysbiosis;
- avoid supercooling the body;
- at any suspiciously painful symptoms contact the doctor.
The prognosis depends entirely on the underlying underlying disease, which gave such a sign as blood when urinating. For example, if spotting appears due to cystitis, then such a pathology with proper treatment lasts about a week. If cystitis passes into a chronic disease, then the exacerbations can often remind oneself.
With complete certainty, it can be said that the blood when urinating is a serious symptom, which in no case can not be ignored. A treatment for this condition should be done only under the supervision of a medical specialist.