Medical expert of the article
Food from diarrhea
All iLive content is medically reviewed or fact checked to ensure as much factual accuracy as possible.
We have strict sourcing guidelines and only link to reputable media sites, academic research institutions and, whenever possible, medically peer reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (, , etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate, out-of-date, or otherwise questionable, please select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
Intoxication is a dangerous condition that arises from the ingress of various toxins into the body. There are many types of poisoning, the most common - food. Alternative means for poisoning and diarrhea allow to remove harmful substances and restore the normal functioning of all organs and systems.
Porridge with pride
A dish that has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract is porridge. Very often it is used as a basis of therapeutic nutrition for many diseases. No less useful porridge and diarrhea, consider the most effective:
- Rice - has binding properties, absorbs moisture and helps to remove harmful substances from the body. The use of rice porridge improves the functioning of the intestines and normalizes the process of defecation.
- Oatmeal - eliminates inflammation, envelops mucous membranes and accelerates recovery after severe intoxication, diarrhea and vomiting.
- Manna - a nutritious, rich in vitamins and minerals porridge. With diarrhea, it can be used as a restorative.
- Buckwheat - the most useful croup, with a high content of vitamins and minerals. It is well absorbed by the body, suitable for children and adults. It improves intestinal peristalsis, promotes the flow of vitality and accelerates recovery after intestinal infections.
- Wheat is one of the most low-calorie cereals. Contains a lot of protein and carbohydrates, but it is contraindicated for allergies to gluten. Effective for intestinal disorders caused by infectious processes. Has a fastening and cleansing effect. It is well absorbed and stimulates the motility of the gastrointestinal tract.
There are porridges that are contraindicated in diarrhea: barley, pea, milk. Also, porridges with the addition of vegetables, fruits, meat or butter are not recommended. For treatment, it is necessary to cook lean mush on the water and use it in small portions throughout the day.
Pockets of the sweat
An unusual but effective cure for diarrhea is chicken navel. The byproduct contains a large number of enzymes that have a beneficial effect on the digestive tract and restore the intestinal microflora.
- To prepare the medicine, you should buy fresh chicken ventricles, rinse and cut. Remove the yellow film, rinse it under water and squeeze lightly.
- Put the navels on a clean towel and put it on the window sill or send it to the oven for several hours.
- The dried raw material should be ground into flour and stored in a closed, preferably glass container.
At the first signs of frustration, you need to take a glass of warm water and dissolve in it a teaspoon of the remedy. Drink taken 2-3 times a day. Relief occurs within 3-4 hours.
Chicken stomachs from diarrhea
Quite popular and well-known alternative means for treating diarrhea are chicken stomachs. They contain a lot of protein and fiber, are well absorbed by the body and contribute to the cleansing of the intestines.
The composition of the ventricles includes such components:
- Folic acid - regulates metabolic processes in the body, normalizes the work of the digestive tract.
- Vitamins of group B and iron - contribute to the production of red blood cells.
- Selenium - strengthens the protective properties of the immune system and favorably affects the work of the heart.
- Enzymes - improve digestion and stimulate the production of gastric juice, restore the normal gastrointestinal microflora.
When diarrhea can be used as fresh chicken stomach, boiling or baking them, and dried. For drying, the inner membrane of the ventricles is used, which must be separated from the meat, washed and dried. Finished raw materials are ground to a powdery state and take 1 teaspoon per glass of water 2-3 times a day.
Bananas for diarrhea
Tasty and useful medicine for the treatment of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract is bananas. The fruit contains substances that have a beneficial effect on the digestive system:
- Fruit fiber - has astringent properties, it normalizes the consistency of the stool.
- Starch - calms the inflamed intestinal wall and delays the fluid in them, preventing dehydration.
- Sucrose - energizes.
- Pectins - restore the work of the intestine, enveloping the walls of mucous membranes and protecting them from harmful substances.
- Tannins - have a binding effect on the liquid stool.
In addition to the above components, the banana contains inulin, the action of which is aimed at restoring the intestinal microflora. And enzymes contained in the pulp, facilitate the process of digestion.
The use of bananas in diarrhea suppresses the growth of pathogenic microorganisms and relieves spasms in the stomach. The fruit is easily digested, so it does not create a load for the inflamed bowel. For treatment, you need to buy bananas and eat them in small portions throughout the day. Only immature fruits possess antidiarrhoeic properties. Ripe fruit on the contrary stimulate the work of the intestine
The fruit is contraindicated for people with a stomach ulcer and increased blood coagulability. The ban applies to patients with diabetes mellitus. When using this alternative prescription for the treatment of children, the risk of developing allergic reactions should be considered.
Banana syrup against diarrhea
Bananas have a unique composition, useful taste and therapeutic effect. They are recommended for use in disorders of the digestive tract and intestines. Fruits can be eaten whole or used in the preparation of a drink, jelly or syrup for the treatment of diarrhea.
The plant has the following properties:
It consists of substances that are especially useful for intestinal disorders: inulin, starch, pectins, enzymes, tannins, amino acids, vitamins, micro and macro elements.
For the preparation of banana syrup, it is necessary to take 500 g of green fruit and grind them to a mushy condition. Add 100 g of sugar and 400 ml of warm boiled water. The syrup should be mixed thoroughly, so that the sugar dissolves. Take 50 mg throughout the day. This antidiarrhoeic drug is great for treating children.
Soups from diarrhea
A steep chair with a high water content causes discomfort and proceeds with a complex of painful symptoms. Treatment of an intestinal disorder begins with the establishment of factors that provoked it. Patients are prescribed medications, and non-traditional methods can also be used.
Special attention is paid to diet therapy. Food at the time of illness should be as gentle as possible so that the gastrointestinal tract can recover. The main diet should be liquid dishes, that is soups. From diarrhea is best help such dietary recipes:
- Chicken soup is the most popular dish for digestive disorders. When cooking it is better to use the loin of chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, greens and oatmeal. All ingredients are prepared as a regular soup, but very finely chopped, if desired, the thick can be blended with a blender. Due to oatmeal, the dish is mucous, which is very useful for irritated bowels. Instead of a chicken, you can use a turkey, which will make the dish even more useful.
- Fish soup - it's better to use fish with a high iodine content for cooking it. Ideally suitable for salmon, hake or catfish. In fish broth you can add potatoes, a couple of spoons of semolina, greens and salt to taste.
- Meat soup - with diarrhea, only lean meats can be used. Allowed young veal, beef or rabbit. Meat in the soup should be finely chopped or divided into fibers after cooking. From cereals in a dish, it is better to add buckwheat, which is also useful for diarrhea.
Soups restore the intestinal microflora, normalize the absorption of fluid and nutrients. When preparing medicinal dishes, it is contraindicated to use vegetable or animal fats, to overdo vegetables or add spicy spices. All ingredients should be finely chopped or chopped after being ready.
Berries for diarrhea
To eliminate digestive disorders with a liquid stool, you can use not only herbs or their roots, but also berries. From diarrhea helps well blueberries, cranberries, sea buckthorn, cranberries, cherries, bird cherries, grapes, strawberries, gooseberries.
Alternatives with berries from diarrhea:
- One tablespoon of dry cherry fruits fill with a glass of boiling water and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes. After cooling, strain and add a teaspoon of spirituous tincture of propolis. Take ½ cup 2-3 times daily before meals.
- Take 100 g of sweet cherry and fill it with 500 ml of red dry wine based on grapes. The product should be infused for 48 hours in a warm place. Tincture must be filtered and taken 50 ml 2 times a day.
- In a proportion of 4: 3, take the fruits of bird cherry and blueberries. Pour the berries with 250 ml of boiling water and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Strain and drink 50 ml 3-4 times daily before meals.
- Two tablespoons of berries and cranberry leaves brew 500 ml of water and boil for 10-15 minutes. Cool and filter. Take 100 ml 4 times a day.
Antidiarrhoeal properties are freshly squeezed, but diluted with boiled water in a proportion of 1: 1 juice of cowberry, gooseberry, strawberry. Before preparing a berry medication, one should be killed in the absence of contraindications for its use.
Blueberries from diarrhea
Tasty and healthy berries are blueberries. From diarrhea it is used in the form of broths or infusions in combination with other plant components. The healing properties of berries consist in the increased content of vitamins and tanning components. The astringent effect with the use of blueberries during diarrhea is due to gallic acid and hydroquinone.
Berry helps with such problems with digestion:
- Diarrhea - the astringent components of the fetus restore the stool and set up the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Indigestion, flatulence - tones, has a gastroprotective effect and normalizes digestion.
- Inflammation of the intestines - helps with infection by pathogens. It stops putrefactive and fermenting processes.
Popular recipes using blueberries in the treatment of diarrhea.
- Two teaspoons of berries well chop and pour a glass of steep boiling water. Drink should be insisted for 3-5 hours and divided into 4 doses during the day. You can also eat 3-5 fresh berries every 4 hours, thoroughly chewing them.
- Take a tablespoon of dried blueberries and pour 500 ml of boiling water. Put the product on a water bath and cook until evaporated twice. Use in a warm form for 1/3 cup before meals.
- Boil 2 liters of water and add to it 200 grams of dried blueberries and 100 grams of granulated sugar. Cook all over medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Gradually put into the drink 4 tablespoons of starch and mix again, so that there are no lumps left. Kissel should be consumed 150 ml 3-4 times a day.
Blueberries are contraindicated in cases of high acidity of the stomach, hypersensitivity to its components, urolithiasis, pathologies on the part of the pancreas and for the treatment of small children.
Raw egg from diarrhea
Treatment of abnormalities in the work of the gastrointestinal tract is carried out using a set of different methods and recipes. Eggs from diarrhea are a means of alternative medicine. The effectiveness of the product is confirmed by its properties:
- It envelops the mucous membranes, protecting against the irritating effect of food.
- Promotes the restoration of damaged tissues and mucous membranes, especially in intestinal infections.
- Increases local immunity, makes the body less susceptible to pathogens.
- It stops the reproduction of pathogenic flora in the intestine and promotes its excretion.
- Supplies the body with useful substances and microelements.
Raw eggs from diarrhea can be taken no more often than once a day. But you should consider the risk of infection with salmonella. To prevent this from happening, it is better to add a couple drops of iodine to the egg. The product has an enveloping effect and prevents irritation of the mucosa.
Hard-boiled eggs contribute to stapling the stool. Boiled yolk is easily digested and useful for the digestive tract. The protein normalizes the functions of the intestine. With diarrhea, you can eat no more than two boiled eggs per day.
It should also be noted that eggs are a strong allergen. If there is a risk of developing allergic reactions, it is better to use quail eggs. They are hypoallergenic, but have the same properties as chicken, contain more useful substances. In a day you can eat no more than 3 pieces.
Diarrhea for diarrhea
Another alternative remedy for diarrhea is crackers. They act as a kind of absorbent, which absorbs toxins and other harmful substances, restrains the motility of the intestines and restores the work of the digestive tract. They are made of bread, with a quick chair with a high water content, you can use such crunches:
- Wheat - contain vitamin B6, PP, E, minerals and trace elements.
- Of white bread - rich in carbohydrates, effective for poisoning and during the post-operative diet. Contain vitamins B1 and B2, E, PP, calcium, phosphorus, potassium.
- Rye - have a low calorie, do not have a load on the intestines. Contain vitamin B, calcium, cobalt and other substances.
To treat diarrhea, you can prepare a kind of jelly on the basis of biscuits. To do this, take a glass of water and soak a handful of crackers in it before they dissolve. In day to eat no more than 2-3 glasses. Crackers can be eaten in pure form, washed down with herbal tea.
Particular attention should be given to the preparation of biscuits. Bread should be cut into thin slices and dried in the oven on both sides until a slightly golden crust is formed. Bread can not be fried in oil, as it is contraindicated in the disorder of the intestines, harmful to the liver and pancreas.