Drug therapy of alopecia is a way to influence the work of the body and hair growth with the help of pharmaceutical means. I must say that the choice of drugs used for this purpose is relatively small, but their use allows men to successfully deal with their problem, even if hair preservation often requires long-term treatment.
So, in the treatment of androgenic alopecia there are 2 main groups of drugs: antiandrogens and hair growth stimulants, which are recommended to be taken in a complex to achieve good results, folk remedies for hair loss can be used. Let's begin consideration of popular preparations for treatment of a baldness at men from the medical products reducing activity of man's sexual hormones and sensitivity to them of an organism.
The hormone drug, which is used in the treatment of alopecia due to its ability to block the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase. In principle, the drug was originally intended for the treatment of prostate adenoma, but its ability to reduce the concentration of dihydrotetstosterone in the blood of a man fell just in time for those who have this hormone caused early hair loss.
Tablets "Finasperid" from baldness in men should be taken one at a time. It is advisable to do this immediately before or immediately after eating. The first results from taking the drug can be observed after 3-4 months of therapy, but this is not an excuse for stopping treatment, the active growth of hair begins only after six months or a year. Yes, the drug gradually accumulates in the body and its effect becomes more noticeable, but the problem of an elevated testosterone level does not solve it, but only blocks an enzyme that turns it into an enemy for the hair.
To take inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase a man will have to regularly throughout his life, since the cessation of therapy is fraught with the resumption of dihydrotetstosterone activity and the loss of new hair. True after 1-2 years of treatment, when the maximum possible effect is achieved, it is recommended to switch to natural remedies with a similar effect.
The drug is designed to treat men, but in case of hypersensitivity to its components, it is recommended to choose another drug.
Finasteride, although it causes hair growth in 99% of patients, is in fact not so safe for a man with a drug. The most frequent side effects of the drug are a decrease in sexual desire and the development of impotence, as well as a decrease in the amount of sperm that affects 1 to 10 patients out of 100. Some patients may also note symptoms such as increased heart rate, liver disorders, allergic reactions in a kind of rashes on the skin, itching and edema of the tissues, pain in the testes. In rare cases, there were violations of ejaculation, there was pain in the enlarged mammary glands.
, , , , , 
Antiandrogenic drug, whose action is aimed at blocking the receptors of male sex hormones. The active substance of the drug (cyproterone acetate) is similar in structure to testosterone and is capable of binding to the corresponding tissue receptors. In this way, the effect on the target cells of testosterone itself and its hydrolyzed derivative is reduced. The drug in different dosages is intended for the treatment of hirsutism, severe forms of seborrhea and acne, prostate cancer, increased sexual desire. Among other things, the drug is actively used in the treatment of androgenic alopecia in women and men.
The doctor selects the dosage of the drug for alopecia individually (from 50 to 100 mg per day). The duration of the course of treatment depends on the observed results, but as soon as active hair growth begins, the dosage is halved and the patient is gradually transferred to the means of natural origin.
The fact is that "Androkur" as in the form of tablets, and in the form of injections, can adversely affect a man's sexual life, reducing spermatogenesis and sexual activity, adversely affecting potency. True, these changes are reversible. Restoration of sexual functions occurs within a couple of months after the drug is discontinued.
Long-term use of the drug can also provoke an increase in the mammary glands and the destruction of bones (osteoporosis). Truth the latter is one of the very rare side effects. In some cases, men complained of shortness of breath and malfunction in the liver, weight fluctuations, development of depression associated with taking tablets.
The drug has a number of contraindications for use. It is not prescribed for hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, liver diseases and tumors, Dubin-Johnson and Rotor syndromes, meningioma (including brain tumors in history), serious depressive conditions, propensity to thromboembolism.
Now it's time to talk about drugs that are recommended to be prescribed in combination with anti-androgens, because the decrease in the activity of male hormones does not always promote active hair growth. Since the goal of treating baldness in men is not only to stop hair loss, but also to cause new growth, drugs are needed that can improve the scalp, nutrition and breathing of the hair follicles so that they can reproduce new full-blown hair.
, , 
One of the most popular drugs in the treatment of baldness in men, although the main indication for its use is hypertension. This vasodilator is designed to reduce pressure on the walls of blood vessels and improve blood circulation in the tissues of the body. Treatment of alopecia is considered a kind of side effect of the drug, if it is used not inward, but externally in the form of a solution (aqueous or hydroalcoholic 2 or 5%). The alcohol solution is available in the form of sprays and can be named " Minoxidil ", "Generolon", "Revasil", etc.
Improvement of blood circulation in the scalp leads to the fact that cells of the hair follicle receive more oxygen and nutrients. It turns out that antiandrogens inhibit the male hormone, which prevents the intake of nutrients in the hair follicles, and "Minoxidil" additionally improves the nutrition and breathing of the hair. This scheme of treatment of antiandrogenic alopecia is considered to be the most actual, while in other types of hair loss, hair growth stimulants are prescribed as independent agents.
"Minoxidil" should be applied to the scalp in the area of the centers of alopecia twice a day on a daily basis. 2% solution is used by both men and women. It is effective at an early stage of alopecia, and the result can be seen again not earlier than 3-4 months after the start of treatment with daily procedures.
5% solution is treated with moderate alopecia in men. It can also be prescribed if the 2% solution is ineffective. The effect of a more concentrated agent comes in 2 times faster, but apply it mono only in the parietal region, avoiding the bald spots on the forehead and the hairline passing there. The use of the drug in the genetic and focal forms of pathology has low efficiency.
In one procedure, 1 ml of the drug should be used, regardless of the size of the balding area and the degree of alopecia. The scalp should be clean and dry before using the product. The liquid is applied to the central part of the bald patch (on the skin, not the hair) and gently rubbed into the skin, distributing throughout the hearth lesion. To wash off a medicine it is not necessary.
Stopping the use of hair growth stimulant with androgenetic alopecia often leads to the resumption of hair loss within the first 4 months, so it is not recommended to interrupt treatment for a long time, especially since Minoxidil, when applied locally, does not harm the body and does not affect its functioning. If there are no changes after 16 or more weeks, you need to look for other ways to deal with the problem
Absorption of the drug with external application is minimal, therefore side effects are usually local. Most often, an increase in the dryness of the skin at the application site, the appearance of itching or the development of dermatitis, eczematous eruptions or mild skin irritation are recorded. These symptoms are more typical of a concentrated alcohol solution.
A distinctive feature of the drug is the fact that it promotes the transition of hair from the telogen phase to the anagen phase, i.e. Heightened growth. This is associated with increased hair loss in the early days of the use of the remedy. Usually this process lasts no more than 6-8 weeks and should not frighten a man, because the loss of old hair will be accompanied by the growth of new ones. If it has been more than 2 months, and hair loss continues, it is necessary to consult a specialist and reconsider the appointment.
The drug is not recommended for use with high sensitivity of the skin and the whole organism to the components of the drug solution, and also if the scalp has redness, inflammation, wounds, burns (especially when it comes to alcohol solution). This solution is not recommended for use at the age of 18 years. Women do not use the drug during pregnancy and lactation.
A nicotinic acid
As a stimulator of hair growth and a full-fledged source of nutrients for the hair follicle, vitamins can be used. For example, nicotinic acid (vitamin B3 or PP), similar to minoxidil, also has a vasodilating effect, so it can also be used with baldness in men.
Nicotinic acid with alopecia makes sense to use topically, like minoxidil, so you should give preference to the drug in ampoules containing a liquid vitamin solution. When applied to the scalp, nicotinamide will increase blood circulation, improving the supply of hair bulbs with oxygen. In this case, the vitamin itself nourishes the hair follicles, stimulates the growth of new hair, enhances the synthesis of melanin, which is the prevention of early graying.
But treatment with nicotinic acid should be carried out intermittently, because the excess of vitamins for the body is also harmful, as well as the lack. It is believed that if you have baldness enough month course, then you need to take a break (it should be at least a month). Subsequently, the course of treatment is repeated.
Apply the drug (1 ampoule a day) is needed only on the scalp, where hair loss is observed, slightly entering the zone of normal growth. In this case, store the opened ampoule is not recommended, because when interacting with air, the vitamin PP loses its healing properties.
Treatment with nicotinic acid is considered a budget option to combat baldness, because minoxidil preparations are 10-12 times more expensive than a vitamin preparation. But it must be taken into account that vitamin PP is a known allergen and can cause corresponding reactions of the immune system, therefore it is not recommended for allergy sufferers. It is not desirable to use the drug and people with persistently high blood pressure, as well as patients suffering from diabetes.
Side effects of nicotinic acid in topical application usually reduce to allergic reactions and reddening of the skin at the site of application. Less often, if you use the drug 2-3 times a day, there may be abnormalities in the work of the digestive tract, dizziness, malfunction in the liver, caused by the absorption of the drug into the blood through the skin. Applying vitamin B3 often and for a long time without breaks is not recommended, because such treatment can have the opposite effect.
But we must understand that at the initial stage of baldness, when only a small part of the hair bulbs are weakened, treatment with nicotinic acid will give an effect, but with active hair loss it is better to turn to the help of special vitamin-mineral complexes. Such drugs will not only reduce the amount of hair falling out, but also make them stronger and more resistant to negative external influences.
, , , , , , , 
Balanced vitamin and mineral complex, which contains all the vitamins and trace elements that are necessary for the skin, nails, hair. It is prescribed both for curative and prophylactic purposes with givitaminosis and mineral deficiency, so in the complex therapy of various types of baldness in men, women, children.
Each capsule contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B10, B12, E, D3, C, beta-carotene, folic acid. Mineral composition of the drug is presented: iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, iodine, silicon, selenium, chromium. In addition, the complex contains the amino acid cystine, which along with cysteine promotes the growth and health of hair, as well as extracts of burdock and echinacea.
What is the action of Perfectil? Thanks to its rich composition, it improves blood microcirculation in the skin, raises the level of hemoglobin (which means that the blood carries more oxygen and supplies it to the hair follicles). Vitamin-mineral complex stimulates regenerative processes in cells and improves metabolism in them.
The scalp and hair become more resistant to UV rays and free radicals, the elimination of toxins from the body is accelerated, the production of collagen is stimulated, the condition of the blood vessels is improved, and therefore blood circulation in general. Extracts of plants help to remove irritation on the skin, heal wounds, strengthen the roots of hair.
Take the drug in the form of capsules is recommended in the morning after breakfast, swallowing the capsule entirely, so that the contents do not irritate the gastric mucosa. The daily dose is 1 capsule. The course of treatment is 1 month with the possibility of recurrence after some time.
The vitamin complex is well tolerated by most patients. In rare cases, allergic reactions are possible. But when hypersensitivity to the components of the drug and hypervitaminosis (excess vitamins in the body) treatment is impossible, because it can worsen the patient's condition. Caution should also be observed for those who have thyroid disorders.
If a man began taking a complex vitamin preparation, it is not recommended to use other supplements containing the same vitamins and minerals.
As we see, drug therapy for baldness in men is a long process, providing for a comprehensive approach and attention to the ongoing changes. But you do not need to prescribe drugs yourself, even if it's about vitamin complexes. Only a specialist doctor on the basis of laboratory tests can tell which vitamins and minerals the patient lacks in the body, and which drug will help correct the situation without leading to an overdose with negative consequences (for example, the same deterioration in hair growth).
Cosmetics in the fight against alopecia
It must be said that early-risen bald patches and bald spots can hardly please a young man, but at the same time, not everyone is in a hurry to consult a doctor with a similar problem. Someone tries to hide the defects behind a short haircut (preferably underneath), while others, having seen enough of television advertising, pin their hopes on medical-cosmetic and specialized hair detergents, which are designed to combat dandruff, excessive dryness or fatness of the skin, and also strengthen hair from the roots along the entire length.
Baldness in men - a common situation, but everyone chooses for himself, in what way he wants to solve this problem. If a guy does not consider a way out of the situation correction hair, then you need to look for a means of treatment of pathological hair loss. But it is important to understand that cosmetic caregivers will have a good effect only in combination with medicinal and alternative herbal treatments.
Doctors do not reject the effectiveness of many medical and cosmetic products. On the contrary, they can advise some of them as an alternative or in addition to traditional treatment. But you need to understand that these drugs are suitable for stimulating hair growth, but they can not solve the problem of excess sex hormones.
To combat alopecia, you can use various serums, elixirs, lotions, shampoos, which contain special complexes that promote hair growth and growth. Good reviews on the Internet can be found about the following means:
- Elixir for strengthening and growth of Natural Thin To Thick hair of the American cosmetic company Jason Natural Cosmetics, which contains a complex of vitamins, aloe extract, natural warming components, increasing blood circulation and metabolism in tissues (cloves and ginger), lecithin, menthol, salicylic acid.
Apply the drug once a day at night, and wash off in the morning. According to reviews, the elixir improves the condition of the scalp and enhances hair growth, but the problem of their loss can not completely solve, because it does not affect the activity of male sex hormones.
- Lotion-concentrate Ducray Anastim Concentrate Anti-hair loss Lotion produced in France. This remedy has a good effect in the treatment of hair loss caused by exposure to negative environmental factors, stress and deficiency of important vitamins and minerals, but it can also be used during the recovery period after treatment with antiandrogens, because the remedy contains a dwarf palm-like extract similar to that of antiandrogens.
The main active ingredients of the lotion are esters of vitamins E and B3 (tocopherol nicotinate), biotin (stimulates keratinization of hair), neo-orcin (improves microcirculation), a special patented hair growth stimulator GP4G.
Apply lotion three times a week, using 2.5 ml of the drug, which is applied to the affected areas of the scalp and slightly rubbed. The course of treatment is designed for 2 months.
I must say that with a mild degree of baldness, such treatment brings good results, but the complex genetic and hormonal problems do not solve the lotion.
- Lotion Minomax is a remedy based on the patented unique minoxidin hair growth stimulant (content in the preparation is 5%), developed by German scientists, and biotin. The lotion also contains herbal extracts of burdock and nettles, which have been used for hair strengthening since time immemorial, vitamin A, caffeine (scientists have proved that ordinary coffee can penetrate to the roots of hair and neutralize the action of dihydrotetstosterone), extract of dwarf palm sabal and azelaic acid - substances with identical action.
This tool helps not only to strengthen hair growth, but also to fight the cause of their loss, along with the drugs used in the traditional treatment of alopecia, because its components provide a more diverse effect on the hair follicles. An important advantage of the "Minomax" lotion can be considered the absence of a hormonal basis, because hormones are considered to be far from safe medications.
It is believed that "Minomax" is able to cope both with the problem of thinning, and with hair loss, if it is applied twice a day for 1 ml, applying to the scalp and slightly rubbing. In favor of its effectiveness says not only the composition of the drug and the manufacturer's assurances, but also the fact that lotion is sold in pharmacies, on non-cosmetic stores.
- Lotion Spectral DNC-L is considered one of the most powerful stimulators of hair growth, therefore it is used to treat 4 and subsequent stages of balding in men and women. Cream-like remedy for the treatment of alopecia contains a complex of 5 strong hair growth stimulators of various nature:
- 4.5% minoxidil,
- phytosterols (extracts of olive, dwarf palm, flax seeds),
- Procyanides B-2, contained in the extract of a green apple,
- the patented Aminexyl SP94 complex (reduces hair loss, makes them thicker, reduces the formation of fibrous tissue around the bulb),
- A powerful stimulant, developed by Japanese scientists Adenozin.
In addition to growth stimulants, lotion contains: amino acid arginine, copper peptides with anti-inflammatory action and inhibiting the effect of dihydrotetstosterone, vitamin A, antifungal component pyroctonolamine, emu oil, vitamin complex, extracts of pepper, ivy, hops.
Apply the product twice a day, applying 4 servings to the fingers and rubbing them into the skin in the area of alopecia. The minimum course of lotion application is 3 months.
The rich composition of lotion provides its effectiveness in the treatment of severe forms of alopecia, but it can also be dangerous for people under 18 years old and patients with serious heart and vascular diseases.
We described several of the most popular and really effective medical and cosmetic products, which are recommended by doctors as a way to combat the problem of baldness and are equal in their actions to medicines. But in addition to therapeutic procedures for alopecia, it is important to pay attention to daily hair care. For example, doctors do not set limits on the number of cleaning procedures for the head per week, but to ensure proper care for the skin and hair prone to loss, it is recommended to use specialized shampoos that will support the action of the medications.
, , , 
It is important to understand that shampoos are a hygienic caregiver, not a cure for baldness in men. And yet correctly selected shampoo plays a big role in the skin condition on the head and can promote more active hair growth. A man can be used as a universal means, and special men's shampoos. If the line of detergent used by the company has a differentiation by skin type, it is also important to consider them.
Let's see what shampoos can be used as a caring agent with active hair loss in the stronger sex.
Budgetary universal facilities:
- Shampoo burdock. In its composition, it has a popular burdock oil, which has long been used to strengthen hair and preserve their strength. This cleanser can equally well be used by both men and women. It does not matter what is the name of the cleanser, but if it contains burdock oil or a burdock extract, it will be useful for various problems with the hair. If hair thinning is not caused by genetics or hormonal factors, such shampoo will have a therapeutic effect after eliminating the cause of baldness and help restore the original appearance of the hair (and sometimes improve it).
- Shampoo tar. Another universal remedy useful for its properties is to improve the blood supply to hair follicles and metabolism in the tissues of the head, to provide antiseptic action and normalize the fat content of hair, to make the hairs more dense and stronger, enhancing their growth.
- Shampoo onion. Acts on the principle of onion mask, which is sometimes used by women, but has a less pronounced aroma of onions. In addition to onion extract, the product contains a birch extract. Present in it are extracts of burdock and chamomile that are used in alternative medicine to treat and enhance the strength of hair. Ideal for any gender and age, though the flavor can be a hindrance.
- Detergents for the head and body from the "Agafia First Aid Kit". In the line of cleansing agents for the hair of the above series there is also a tar shampoo, which we wrote above. But there is also a special remedy that prevents early hair loss, which contains extracts of root aira and flax seeds, as well as keratin, which is considered a building material for hairs and nails. This is a good natural remedy for the prevention of alopecia, which can be used to prevent further hair loss during and after the course of treatment.
- Shampoo firm "Biocon" to strengthen the roots of hair. It contains leech extract and red pepper extract (stimulation of blood flow and metabolism) and is enriched with Group B vitamins. Shampoo can contain silk proteins, rose hips and zinc. Despite the rich composition of the effect of using shampoo have to wait a few months.
Now let's pay attention to more expensive shampoos containing special patented complexes and supplements that help in the problem of hair loss:
- Shampoo Bark (strengthens hair, is used against hair loss). In its composition we find: pyridoxine, amino acid arginine, keratin, panthenol, betaine. It is also rich in natural plant components: macadamia oil, rich in vitamins B and E, extracts of carrots, ginger, Japanese sophora, roots of aira. According to reviews of those who have tested the effect of shampoo on themselves, he really stops the early loss of hair. After its use itching and dandruff, hair become less dry and stronger, start to shine and glow with health.
- Shampoo Klorane. Contains quinine and B vitamins. It has antiseboric action. Helps strengthen hair follicles, thereby reducing the number of hair falling out.
- Shampoo Rene Furterer Forticea Stimulating Shampoo. Contains vegetable peptides, esters of orange, lavender, verbena, rosemary. If the detergent is used in conjunction with the strengthening sera of the same series, then after three or four months, you can note a very decent effect, no matter how badly the hair was damaged.
- Shampoo for regeneration and enhancement of Lanotech hair growth produced by Thompson LABS. Contains arginine. Menthol and tea tree oil serve as aromatic and firming components. It has antiseptic properties, increases blood circulation in the affected area, improves nutrition of hair follicles, strengthens them. Shampoo is able to promote hair growth and the appearance of new, young hairs.
- Clear shampoo against hair loss. The popular brand has a special line of shampoos for the stronger sex. Shampoo, used to treat dandruff and hair loss, contains a ginseng extract and a special nutrient complex Nutrium 10. With this Clear in terms of strengthening hair and preventing their active loss, according to reviews, it is an order of magnitude higher than some other popular brands (Head & Shoulders, L 'Oréal, etc.).
- Aleran Shampoo. According to popularity in connection with alopecia, these means (and several of them) occupy, in fact, the highest step of the pedestal. Particular attention should be paid to the shampoo for men with the name "Aleran Hair Growth Activator". Shampoos "Alerana" have a lot of natural ingredients that help to strengthen and grow hair. This extracts such plants as chestnut, burdock and nettles, tea tree ether, poppy oil, wheat proteins, as well as such important components as panthenol and lecithin. Like specialized drugs to combat hair thinning, they first increase hair loss, and then promote the growth of new ones.
Professional therapeutic shampoos against alopecia in men:
- Shampoo "Rinofoldil". A remedy containing an improved formula is considered one of the best shampoos for early hair loss, even in the case of androgenic alopecia. As part of the shampoo, we find: extracts of nasturtium, dwarf palm (has antiandrogenic effect), cinchona, wheat proteins, various useful amino acids, zinc, caffeine, panthenol. Strength and elasticity of the growing hairs should provide collagen and elastin. Shampoo belongs to the category of therapeutic and prophylactic, the poem is used in courses.
- Shampoo "Selenzin" Hair therapy. In the composition of this medical-cosmetic detergent for hair we find extracts of nettle and thistle, caffeine, menthol, biotin, collagen. Action shampoo: increases the life cycle of hairs, prevents their premature loss and enhances growth, heals hair follicles and saturates them with useful substances. The best effect can be achieved using a shampoo in combination with tablets of the same company.
- Vichy shampoo "Derkos with amineksilom". In addition to aminexil, which provides strengthening of hair follicles, the agent contains the amino acid arginine and the soothing component of panthenol. It makes the hairs thicker and sturdy, reducing the amount of hair falling out in the first weeks of application.
- Dermatological shampoo Fitoval, solving the problem of hair loss and reducing their density. Contains extracts of arnica and rosemary, wheat peptides, glycogen. Apply 2-3 months a course 3 times a week with a strong fallout and hair growth disorders. For the treatment of various types of alopecia it is recommended to use in combination with lotion (horse chestnut extract, xymenic and lauric acid, the latter is an antiandrogen) and "Fitoval" capsules. Capsules contain: yeast, cystine, biotin, vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, as well as iron, folic acid, copper and zinc.
- Stimulating shampoo-hair cream Ducray Anaphase with a complex of vitamins of group B and high efficiency against hair loss. A good therapeutic effect of trichologists is noted with simultaneous application of Anafas shampoo, Anastim concentrate and capsules of Ducret supplements Anacaps.
- Pharmaceutical shampoo Kerastase Specifique Aminexil, spray and ampoules from hair loss. Permitted for daily use. Visibly reduces the amount of hair falling out, especially if the funds are used in the complex.
If you want, you can find more than one shampoo, lotion, serum, concentrate or other remedy for hair loss, which along with medical therapy can stop early baldness in men. But we need to understand that there can not be universal recommendations here. Shampoo should be selected individually by trial and error, because even an expensive professional shampoo can show different results for different people.