In three years, Ukrainians will be serviced not by the usual precinct who treat children and adults separately, and family doctors, the ambulance will arrive no later than 20 minutes in any village (in the city - in 10 minutes), and the hospitals stop complaining about lack of beds and medicines.
All this should become a reality in the course of medical reform, which first will take place in the form of an experiment in three areas: Vinnitsa, Donetsk and Dnepropetrovsk. Officially, the experiment will start in March, after the relevant bill has been submitted to the Verkhovna Rada. As the curator of the reform, deputy head of the presidential secretariat Irina Akimova, says, the reform will go in three directions: changing the network of medical institutions, the financing system (hospitals will have more rights in using funds that they can allow for doctors' surcharges, for example) and quality control. The key argument: Ukraine - at one of the first places in Europe in terms of the number of beds and at the same time - in terms of mortality. And this means that we have many hospitals that "eat" budget money, where they can not provide decent help.
The reform involves eliminating the usual network of district hospitals. The entire country will be divided into hospital districts, each of which will have four types of hospitals. For example, in the Donetsk region, it is planned to create at least 39 hospital districts and 74 primary care centers where family doctors will work. In Vinnytsia - about 10 districts.
Doctors fear that in the course of the reform they will be cut, but officials insist that there will be no cuts, citing, however, that in Ukraine there is already a shortage of doctors.
The governor of Dnipropetrovs'k, on the contrary, assured that after the reform the ambulance will come much faster. In particular, it is planned that the nearest car will go to the call. All "fast" is supposed to be equipped with GPS-navigators.
Five steps of reform:
- Each region will be divided into hospital districts (each will serve 100 thousand people). In the district there will be one multiprofile hospital, intensive care hospital, one hospital for rehabilitation treatment, one hospital for routine treatment of chronically ill patients, one hospice and one institution of medical and social assistance.
- In simple cases (colds, minor injuries), family doctors will provide assistance to both adults and children, and in case of need - to be sent to hospital for treatment. Family doctors will be re-trained by narrowly specialized specialists, which are too many.
- Requirements for "first aid" will be more stringent: the brigade should come to the city in 10 minutes, and in the village - for 20 minutes (now the city standard is 15 minutes, in the countryside - 30 minutes).
- Salaries to doctors will consist of two parts: the rate and an additional payment for the quality of work, however, according to what criteria they will be evaluated, it is not yet known exactly.
- Now the reform started in three areas: Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnitsa as an experiment that will last three years.