Vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever
Vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever is a fairly common symptom. Consider the possible causes of an unpleasant condition, methods of treatment and prevention.
This disorder occurs both in infants and in older children. It has many reasons. Discomfort can be associated with poisoning, gastrointestinal diseases, inflammatory lesions of the digestive system, neurological abnormalities, endocrine system pathologies or various traumas.
Regardless of the cause of the morbid condition, parents should respond as soon as possible to the condition of the baby, and seek medical help. The doctor will determine the factors that triggered the disorder and prescribe the appropriate treatment. Without proper therapy, painful symptoms can lead to negative consequences and serious complications.
At first sight, causeless vomiting and diarrhea without hyperthermia in children can signal serious malfunctions in the body. Epidemiology in most cases is associated with the age factor, decreased immunity, disorders in the digestive system, intestinal infections.
A special group consists of infants, that is, less than one year old. Painful symptoms develop very quickly. Discomfort can be a response to stress or nervous experiences, arise due to the introduction of new complementary foods, immunity of medicines. The parents' task in a timely manner to respond to such symptoms and seek medical help.
Causes of the vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever
Symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea are never an independent disease. As a rule, they indicate intestinal infection, intoxication or diseases of a viral origin. Unpleasant symptoms are most often accompanied by painful sensations in the abdomen and elevated flatulence. There are such serious causes of vomiting with diarrhea in a child without a rise in temperature:
- Gastroesophageal reflux - regurgitation of the uninvolved, arise after eating, have a sour smell.
- Pylorosthenosis is a defect in the development of the muscular layer of the stomach, causing a profuse vomiting of a fountain that appears once after feeding. Vomit is undigested food. Most often from this pathology suffer infants-girls.
- Pylorospasm - spasms of the pylorus provoke uninhibited regurgitation from the first days of a life of the kid. The stool is liquid and irregular.
- Congenital diverticulum of the esophagus - uneventful vomiting of undigested food, diarrhea and deterioration of general health.
- Invagination of the intestine - occurs in children up to a year because of incorrectly introduced complementary foods or in older children due to tumor lesions of the intestine, worms or polyps. Regurgitation with an admixture of bile, abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, pallor of the skin.
- Diseases of the pancreas, gall bladder, liver - multiple regurgitation of undigested food with an admixture of bile and an unpleasant odor. Discomfort is accompanied by pain in the epigastrium, regurgitation, flatulence.
- Disorders of the central nervous system - in newborns arise due to ischemic brain damage, tumors, increased intracranial pressure. Severe vomiting that is unrelated to eating, diarrhea, anxiety, increased drowsiness.
- Foreign body in the gastrointestinal tract - symptoms appear immediately after swallowing a foreign body. Regurgitation of undigested food with mucus and blood. The liquid stool occurs a couple of hours after nausea, accompanied by excessive salivation and a violation of breathing.
There are such causes of the disorder as a function of age:
- Overeating due to frequent breastfeeding - food does not have time to digest in the intestines, so there is regurgitation and a loose stool. After vomiting and emptying of the intestine, the condition of the baby is normalized.
- Changes in diet or malnutrition are similar in children 6 months of age, when prohibited foods can enter food. Due to a lack of gastric juice and digestive enzymes, pathological symptoms and abdominal pain appear.
- Children of preschool age
- Food poisoning - during the growing up the child actively exploring the world around, trying everything on the palate. Because of this, a pathogenic microflora enters the interior, causing inflammatory reactions. This leads to pathological attacks.
- Allergic reactions - arise due to products, medications, contact with allergens and other irritating factors. They show nausea, attacks of vomiting, a disorder of the stool and the process of digestion.
- Children of primary school age and adolescents
- Stress and neurosis - provoke violations on the part of many organs and systems. Gastrointestinal tract and digestive system suffer first of all.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - arise due to irregular and irregular nutrition. Painful symptoms can be associated with gastritis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis and other disorders.
- Poisoning - pathological symptoms gradually increase. Discomfort is accompanied by pallor of the skin, chills and general deterioration of well-being. It is also possible swelling of the mucous membranes of the oropharynx and nose.
- Medications - improper or prolonged use of antibiotics and other drugs, manifested by loose stools, regurgitation and skin allergic reactions.
- Intestinal infection - with bacterial and viral infections (escherichiosis, dysentery, salmonellosis, rotavirus infection), greenish diarrhea appears, possibly with blood splashes. The pathological condition is accompanied by attacks of vomiting and deterioration of general well-being.
To determine the cause of painful sensations, it is necessary to conduct a number of diagnostic examinations.
This symptomatic complex, like vomiting with diarrhea without temperature in children, has certain risk factors. Consider these:
- Food poisoning - a slight intoxication provokes regurgitation. This is observed when digestive tract digestion, overeating or after taking medications.
- Metabolic disorders - as a rule, this factor is hereditary. Painful symptoms occur in diabetes mellitus, lactose intolerance in children, hypersensitivity to glucose, cereals and other products.
- Congenital pathologies and abnormalities from the CNS - with neurological disorders, cerebral vomiting occurs. Her appearance is most often associated with asphyxia and birth trauma. Symptoms may indicate a brain tumor, head injury or concussion. Discomfort is observed with epilepsy, meningitis, encephalitis.
- Psychogenic factors - functional or neurotic vomiting and diarrhea are associated with severe anxiety, overexcitation, fright. These symptoms are a sign of rejection and rejection of something.
When identifying the causes of the disorder, risk factors are taken into account. A comprehensive diagnostic approach and an anamnesis collection make it possible to prescribe the right treatment.
Vomiting and diarrhea in children without temperature are most often associated with two factors: microbial and toxic. Let's consider more in detail the general pathogenesis of a pathological condition.
- Microbial - indicates the poisoning by products of vital activity of harmful microorganisms. Excess of harmful substances causes disruption in the work of the whole organism, especially the gastrointestinal tract and the liver. There are various disorders, allergic reactions to the skin.
- Toxic - this factor is more dangerous than microbial. This is due to the fact that the chemical compounds entering the children's body are much more concentrated than bacteria and microbes. Pathogenesis can be associated with poor-quality food or ingestion of harmful substances.
The mechanism of development of pathological symptoms in infants is associated with inferior work of the intestine. That is, this is normal phenomenon, as the children's organism gradually adapts to the external world. If regurgitation is accompanied by diarrhea with water, this indicates an excess of fluid in the diet or a violation of intestinal absorption. Vomiting with foam with acute diarrhea requires emergency medical care, since they can be associated with bacterial lesions or disorders in the work of the digestive system.
Symptoms of the vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever
Symptoms such as vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever may be the first signs of serious complications, such as lung or age-related disorders. In any case, violations should not be left without attention. Consider the nature of vomiting and diarrhea, indicating a variety of pathologies:
Consistency and impurities of stool:
- Watery - a viral infection.
- Foamy - a dysbacteriosis or bacterial defeat.
- With bloody inclusions - food poisoning.
- With undigested food - allergic reactions, improper nutrition.
- Not related to feeding - pathology of the central nervous system.
- Immediately after eating - a food allergy.
- Abundant, fountain - pyloric stenosis.
- With bloody inclusions - poisoning with poisons, lesions of the esophagus.
- Non-active - teething in babies.
- Uneaten after eating - gastroesophageal reflux.
If the above symptoms are accompanied by pain in the abdomen, then it is necessary to pay attention to the nature of the painful sensations. Colic indicates intestinal infection, spasms for food poisoning, rumbling and colic after eating - dysbiosis. Vomit with acidic odor and contents is a sign of gastroesophageal reflux. The sharp smell of regurgitation indicates food poisoning or intestinal infection.
Complications and consequences
Vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever occurs for various reasons. If you leave these symptoms without attention, then they can cause serious consequences and complications. Consider the main dangers of the disorder:
- Dehydration - loss of fluid due to diarrhea and regurgitation leads to a violation of the water-salt balance. This provokes failures in the work of all systems and bodies. In especially severe cases, loss of consciousness and convulsions are possible. This condition is very dangerous for children, especially infants.
- Bleeding - severe vomiting injures the mucosa of the esophagus and stomach. Blood vessels burst, which causes blood vomiting in the vomit.
- Aspiration pneumonia - occurs when vomiting into the lungs. Gastric juice destroys the lung tissue.
- Losing weight - prolonged frustration can lead to a critical weight loss in infants, which is life-threatening.
- Suffocation - vomit, trapped in the respiratory tract, cause respiratory failure and without timely assistance can lead to death. This complication is most dangerous for infants and children in the unconscious state.
Without timely medical assistance, stool and vomiting disorders are a threat to the child's life. If they have arisen because of any disease, the lack of treatment can lead to a restriction of the activity of the baby and even his disability.
Diagnostics of the vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever
Vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever occurs for many reasons. Diagnosis is necessary to determine the factors that triggered the pathological symptoms. Initial diagnosis is the pediatrician. If there are signs of a serious infection or parasites, then an infectious disease specialist conducts the survey.
Main survey methods:
- Anamnesis. It is necessary to establish the duration of the disorder and identify associated symptoms. The doctor collects information about the existing diseases, the general condition of the body and the immune system.
- Visual inspection - on the nature of vomit masses and stool depends on further examination. Regurgitation can be with the admixture of bile, pus, mucus or blood. Important is the smell of secretion.
- Laboratory and instrumental studies - ultrasound, feces, vomit, urine and blood tests, gastrofibroscopy and others.
If the diagnosis is established, then treatment is prescribed. The treatment plan is made up of narrow specialists:
- Pediatrician - conducts an initial examination of the child, gives directions to other doctors.
- Gastroenterologist - diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and digestive system. Treatment can be done on an outpatient basis or in a hospital.
- Surgeon - intestinal obstruction, foreign body in the esophagus, appendicitis, cardiospasm. If necessary, an operation can be assigned.
The results of diagnosis depend not only on further treatment, but also on the prognosis. The earlier the cause of the disorder is established, the higher the chances of a speedy recovery.
Diarrhea and vomiting in a child can be a sign of inflammatory, infectious or functional disorders in the body and in the digestive tract. Analyzes are included in the complex of laboratory diagnostics. They are necessary to determine the cause of the disease state.
The main tests that must be passed to the child:
- General and biochemical analysis of blood (pancreatic and liver enzymes, hepatitis).
- Analysis of feces for dysbacteriosis, intestinal infections, worm eggs, hepatitis B, C.
- Bacterial culture of feces and vomit.
- Coprolology - is carried out with suspicions of pancreatitis. Identifies undigested muscle fibers.
The purpose of the tests depends on the history and clinical manifestations of painful symptoms.
Since diarrhea and vomiting can be a sign of serious illness, it is necessary to conduct a full-fledged examination of the child's body. Instrumental diagnostics is used to study the state of the digestive system. Typically, the following methods are used for this:
- Gastrofibroskopiya (sounding).
The results of instrumental diagnosis are taken into account in the formulation of the final diagnosis and the appointment of treatment.
Vomiting and diarrhea are symptoms of many diseases and disorders. Differential diagnosis is necessary to compare all possible pathologies and identify their underlying causes. Correctly conducted studies can identify factors that provoked painful symptoms and make a plan for their treatment.
During the differentiation of the diagnosis, the nature of the pathological process and its localization in the digestive tract, the presence of signs of infection and the dynamics of their development are very important. Particular attention is paid to the epidemiological anamnesis, as it makes it possible to make assumptions about the nature of the disorder.
Basic principles of differential diagnostics:
- Determination of the duration of pathological symptoms and intestinal dysfunction. Results of laboratory studies.
- Severity of body disorders and the general condition of the patient. Presence of dehydration, intoxication.
- Presence of accompanying symptoms.
- Identification of acute gastrointestinal lesions requiring urgent surgical treatment.
Since the list of diseases with liquid stool and vomiting is very large, differential diagnosis is difficult.
Treatment of the vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever
Any painful symptoms in children require special attention from the parents. Treatment of vomiting with diarrhea in a child without temperature begins with the establishment of the cause of the pathological condition. To do this, you need to contact a pediatrician who will prescribe a number of diagnostic tests and appropriate therapy.
Therapy begins with pre-hospital care to relieve the patient's condition: cleaning the digestive tract and the body, replenishing lost fluid and minerals, eliminating irritants of the digestive system. Consider the main causes of diarrhea and vomiting in children and the methods of their treatment:
- Indigestion or overfeeding - to exclude the product, after consumption, which the child began to breakdown, to ensure the optimal drinking regime.
- Poisoning - call an ambulance, wash your stomach and give solutions for dehydration. The speed of first aid depends on the further condition of the baby.
- Intestinal infection - seek medical help and collect some of the vomit and stool for testing in advance. Also, inflammation of the lost fluid and minerals should begin, that is, prevent possible dehydration.
- Allergic reaction - treatment implies elimination of allergen, taking medication and diet.
- Dysbacteriosis - a pediatrician deals with the treatment of this condition. In most cases, it is recommended to adjust the power.
- Stress and nervous experiences - it is necessary to exclude situations that hurt the baby. That is, to minimize irritating factors. During treatment it is recommended to adhere to sparing food.
- Climate change - parents should ensure a calm environment for the victim. In the first 2-3 days after the change of the climatic zone, it is necessary to avoid mental or physical stress and not to give new products.
Some cases of the disorder require emergency medical attention. If vomiting and diarrhea are accompanied by epileptic seizures, seizures, severe dehydration, loss of consciousness or acute pain in the abdomen, it is necessary to call an ambulance. Before the arrival of doctors, parents should monitor the situation. A baby can not be left alone, if the baby is upset, then it should be held in his arms, tilted forward so that the vomit does not enter the respiratory tract. After each regurgitation, clean and rinse your mouth. A child can be laid on his side or on his back, but only with his head turned on his side. During attacks, it is contraindicated to try to feed the baby.
The effectiveness of treatment can be determined by such signs: well-being improved, episodes of diarrhea and vomiting became less frequent or stopped, an appetite developed, and the mood increased.
The choice of medication for treating vomiting attacks with diarrhea without temperature in children depends on their cause. Drugs chosen by the doctor, focusing on the age of the patient, the state of the body and the presence of concomitant symptoms.
The first stage of treatment begins with replenishment of lost fluid and basic minerals. To eliminate dehydration use: boiled water, non-carbonated mineral water, compotes from dried fruits without sugar and special solutions. The liquid must be consumed every hour and immediately after regurgitation and diarrhea. The volume of the liquid is 250-300 ml at a time.
Drugs with dehydration in children:
The drug for the restoration of acid-base balance, disturbed by the loss of electrolytes in vomiting and diarrhea. The drug contains glucose, which restores the normal work of the body by absorbing salts and citrates. In comparison with similar drugs, Regidron has a low osmolarity, which has a positive effect on well-being.
- Indications for use: recovery and maintenance of water-alkaline balance, diarrhea in infectious lesions, prevention of water-alkaline equilibrium and pH in cases of excessive perspiration.
- The medicine is released in the form of a powder for the preparation of a solution. The contents of one sachet must be diluted in 1 liter of boiled water and allowed to cool. The drug is taken in small sips after each attack of regurgitation and diarrhea. For an hour, you should drink 10 ml / kg of the patient's body weight.
- Regiodron is contraindicated for patients with diabetes mellitus, moderate or severe arterial hypertension, with arthritis and renal failure, and excess K in the body.
- If the drug is taken in therapeutic doses, side effects do not occur. In case of an overdose, there is a risk of hypernatremia or hyperkalemia. There is increased weakness, drowsiness, confusion.
Dehydration agent for oral administration. Available in the form of tablets for the preparation of solution. Each capsule contains such substances as sodium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium hydrogen carbonate, glucose and sodium citrate.
The medicine is prescribed for infectious diseases and for the prevention of water-salt balance violations with a significant loss of fluid by the body. The solution is taken regardless of the meal. For severe vomiting and diarrhea, it is recommended to drink the mixture for 6-7 hours at a rate of 40-50 ml / kg body weight.
- Ringer-Locka solution
A solution for preventing and eliminating dehydration and intoxication of the body. Contains: sodium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium hydrogen carbonate, glucose, calcium chloride and water for injection. It is used for acute dysentery and food poisoning, for acute circulatory disorders and other conditions with dehydration. Used for intravenous drip.
Antiemetic drugs for children:
Medication with antiemetic properties. Normalizes the tone of the digestive tract. Contains an active component - metoclopramide, which selectively blocks serotonin and dopamine receptors, reducing the sensitivity of visceral cells responsible for the passage of impulses from the pylorus and duodenum to the vomiting center in the medulla oblongata. The drug is not effective in vomiting psychogenic and vestibular nature.
- Indications for use: treatment of violations of the motor activity of the digestive tract, irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, pyloric stenosis (functional). Helps with nausea and vomiting of various origins, during the diagnosis of the digestive tract, X-ray diagnostics.
- The drug has two forms of release: tablets and solution for injection. Tablets for adults and children of adolescence prescribe 10 mg 3-4 times a day. For patients older than 3 years, 0.1 mg / kg body weight. Capsules are taken 30 minutes before meals, washed down with liquid. The course of treatment is 1-2 months, if necessary, can be extended to 6 months. The solution for injections is administered intravenously and intramuscularly. For adults and adolescents, 10 mg 3-4 times a day are indicated. For children over 3 years of age, about 0.1 mg / kg body weight. With the infusion of the drug dissolve in a 0.9% solution of sodium chloride or 5% glucose solution.
- Side effects: headaches, dizziness, fatigue, changes in blood pressure, dry mouth, changes in taste, skin allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance of the drug components, intestinal obstruction, risk of bleeding GI or intestinal perforation, pheochromocytoma, epilepsy, convulsive seizures, the first trimester of pregnancy, patients younger than 3 years.
- The use of elevated doses causes overdose symptoms. There is irritability, drowsiness, confusion, convulsions, hypertension. To eliminate these pathologies, intravenous administration of Biperiden and control of the vital functions of the organism prior to the normalization of the state are indicated.
Tablet drug, which in its structure is similar to neuroleptics. It affects the peristalsis of the stomach and duodenum, increasing the duration of contraction of their walls. Accelerates the emptying of the stomach from the digestive lump. Has antiemetic effect.
- Indications for use: vomiting and nausea of various etiologies, heartburn, flatulence, belching, a feeling of heaviness in the epigastric region, reflux esophagitis, hiccups. Tablets are taken 30 minutes before meals, washed down with water. For children weighing 20-30 kg, ½ tablets are shown 2 times a day, and for babies over 30 kg by the whole capsule 2 times a day. Dosage for adults - 3 tablets a day.
- Side effects: temporary intestinal spasms, skin allergic reactions, increased prolactin levels, extrapyramidal disorders, anaphylaxis.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the drug components, perforation and bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, mechanical obstruction. With special care, the medicine is taken with lactation and liver failure.
- In case of an overdose, symptoms of increased drowsiness, extrapyramidal reactions, disorientation are possible. To eliminate them, symptomatic therapy, activated charcoal or gastric lavage are indicated.
Stimulant of peristalsis of the intestine with pronounced antiemetic action. The active component is domperidone. The drug has several forms of release: tablets, suspension and lingual (instant) tablets.
- Indications for use: dyspeptic disorders of the digestive tract, delayed bowel movement, nausea and vomiting of infectious, organic or functional genesis, cyclic vomiting, changes in gastric motility in children.
- The drug is prescribed for patients more than 35 kg of weight and children older than 5 years. The medicine is taken 2-3 times a day. Dosage is determined by the attending physician, focusing on the patient's condition and the form of release of the medication.
- Side effects: reversible extrapyramidal disorders, amenorrhea, hyperprolactinemia, skin allergic reactions, in rare cases develop digestive disorders. In case of an overdose, severe side effects are observed. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for treatment.
- Contraindications: perforation and mechanical obstruction of the digestive tract, gastrointestinal bleeding, prolactinoma, individual intolerance of the drug components.
A drug with antidiarrheal properties. Once ingested, it binds to opioid receptors in the walls of the intestine, inhibiting the tone and motor function of the smooth muscles of the intestine. Has an inhibitory effect on the release of acetylcholine and prostaglandins, reducing peristalsis and increasing the time of passage of the contents through the intestine. The drug increases the tone of the anal sphincter, has a rapid pharmacological effect, which persists for 4-6 hours.
- Indications for use: diarrhea of various etiologies (allergic, against a background of nervous excitement, medicamentous). The drug is prescribed for diarrhea due to changes in diet, infectious diarrhea. It can also be used to normalize the stool with ileostomy.
- Directions for use: Take the medicine orally with water. Loperamide is not prescribed for babies under 4 years. For children from 4 to 8 years, 1 mg 3-4 times a day for 3 days. For children from 9 to 12 years, 2 mg 4 times a day for 5 days. For patients of adult age, 2 tablets are prescribed after each emptying of the intestine.
- Side effects: pain in the abdomen, nausea, increased salivation and gas formation, constipation. Also, increased drowsiness, dizziness, dermatological reactions, loss of strength.
- Contraindications: age of patients under 4 years, complete and incomplete intestinal obstruction, constipation, increased gas production, acute dysentery, acute ulcerative colitis, first trimester of pregnancy, individual intolerance of the drug components.
- In case of an overdose, there are more pronounced adverse reactions. Treatment is symptomatic, as the antidote recommended drug Naloxone.
Antidiarrhoeal drug with a synthetic blocker of opioid receptors. Affects cells of intestinal walls, smooth muscles of the organ. Changing the functions of the cholinergic and adrenergic neurons of loperamide, blocking the release of acetylcholine and prostaglandins in the digestive tract. Increases the tone of the rectum, improving the retention of stool and reducing the frequency of urge to defecate. Normalizes the excess amount of mucus in the lumen of the intestine, as well as the absorption of fluid and electrolytes from the digestive tract.
- Indications for use: the drug is prescribed for children over 5 years old and for adults with a stool disorder. Helps to normalize the consistency of the stool, eliminates acute and chronic diarrhea of chronic genesis.
- Dosing and treatment options are chosen by the attending physician for each patient individually. With diarrhea appoint 2 capsules for adults and 1 tablet for children. The maximum daily dosage for children is 3 capsules, and for adults - 8 pcs.
- Side effects: headaches and dizziness, increased fatigue, dry mouth, epigastric pain, nausea, skin allergic reactions, urinary retention.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance of the drug components, acute dysentery and ulcerative colitis, bacterial enterocolitis, constipation, lactose intolerance, paralytic ileus and other disorders of peristalsis.
- Overdose: oppression of the central nervous system, impaired coordination of movements, drowsiness, stupor, convulsions, loss of consciousness.
The drug with antidiarrheal properties and the active substance is loperamide. It is used for symptomatic therapy of acute and chronic diarrhea, is prescribed for patients with irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease and functional digestive disorders. The medication is prescribed for children older than 6 years, the dosage and duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician.
- Side effects: constipation, dryness of the oral mucosa, intestinal colic, intestinal obstruction, loss of consciousness, flatulence, limb tremor, various allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the remedy, primary therapy of pseudomembranous colitis, impaired liver function, intestinal obstruction. The drug is not prescribed during pregnancy and for children under 6 years.
- Overdose: pronounced violations of the liver, stupor, impaired coordination of movements, drowsiness, nausea, delayed urination.
Antitoxic medicines (enterosorbents, prebiotics):
A medicinal product of natural origin with an adsorbing action. Stabilizes the mucous barrier, improves gastroprotective properties. Selective sorption actions are associated with the discoid-crystal structure of the drug.
- Indications for use: acute and chronic diarrhea of various genesis, vomiting, heartburn, abdominal pain, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, increased gas formation.
- The medicament is released in the form of a powder for the preparation of a suspension for oral administration. The course of treatment is 3-7 days. For children under 1 year, 1 packet per day is prescribed, for children 1-2 years 1-2 packets per day and for babies over 2 years 2-3 packs per day. Adult patients are prescribed 3 sachets per day, dissolved in ½ cup of warm water.
- Side effects are extremely rare. Constipation is possible. The main contraindication is intestinal obstruction and hypersensitivity to the drug components.
Enterosorbent IV generation with pronounced sorption properties. Has wound healing, anti-allergic, detoxification and anti-allergic effect. The active component of the preparation is silicon dioxide. Atoxyl has a release form - a powder for the preparation of suspensions.
- Indications: acute intestinal diseases with diarrhea and vomiting, complex therapy of viral hepatitis A and B, various allergic diseases. With external use, the drug is used to treat burns, trophic and purulent wounds. It can be used as a detoxification agent and for intoxication of the body.
- Method of application: for adults and children older than 7 years at 12-24 g per day, daily dosage should be divided into 3-4 doses. For children from 1 to 7 years of age, 1.5-2 g / kg body weight of the child. The duration of treatment is 3-10 days, depending on the severity of the pathological condition.
- Side effects develop in isolated cases and are manifested by constipation. The drug is contraindicated for children younger than 1 year, with peptic ulcer disease of the duodenum and stomach, intestinal obstruction, hypersensitivity to silicon dioxide.
A drug with an opposing effect restores the normal intestinal microflora. Available in the form of capsules for oral use. Each capsule contains about 12 million live lactic acid lyophilized bacteria.
It is used for acute and chronic diarrhea of various origin in infants, children and adults. When vomiting, drug dysbiosis, flatulence, inflammatory lesions of the stomach mucosa and small intestine. For babies appoint 1 capsule 3 times a day for babies from 2 to 12 children 1-2 capsules 3 times per bitches. Dosage for adults 2 capsules 3 times a day. Side effects and symptoms of overdose do not develop.
Use any medication to treat a child is possible only after medical permission and establish the cause of the pathological condition. Self-treatment is dangerous and can lead to serious consequences and complications.
Complex treatment of vomiting with diarrhea without temperature in children should include vitamin therapy. Vitamins are prescribed to strengthen the immune system and the body. Taking useful micronutrients and minerals is necessary from the first days of the disorder.
Vitamins for children:
- Group B - necessary to improve the protective properties of the immune system and the general strengthening of the body. Thiamin, niacin, folic and pantothenic acid, riboflavin and other substances regulate vital processes in the body and participate in the process of hematopoiesis. Useful substances can be obtained from whole grains, poultry and fish, dairy products, fresh vegetables.
- C - actively stimulates the immune system and cellular metabolism. In large quantities found in citrus and green vegetables.
- D - deficiency of this substance affects the entire body. Vitamin controls the phosphorus-calcium metabolism. It is obtained through the skin during ultraviolet irradiation. Contained in seaweed, fish, yeast.
To form a healthy intestinal microflora, prebiotics (inulin, fructo-oligosaccharide) are necessary. These substances are fermented by the microflora of the large intestine, which normalizes digestion and improves appetite. Useful substances are contained in vitamin complexes for children: Alphabet B, Pikovit, VitaMishki bio +. For general strengthening of the body you can use: Multi-tabs, Alphabet, Supradin, Pikovit.
To strengthen the child's body and eliminate many violations, physiotherapy is used. This method is based on the impact on the body of natural physical factors. Some procedures can be performed at home, for others, you need to contact the clinic or sanatorium-resort complexes.
- Massage - it can be health and healing. The procedure is aimed at strengthening the body, eliminating digestive problems, improving metabolism and strengthening the nervous system. It is carried out on a specific part of the body, it can be a massage of the head, back, abdomen.
- Ultraviolet irradiation - used for babies from birth. Helps with vomiting and diarrhea, which are caused by infectious or acute respiratory diseases.
- Galvanization and electrophoresis - prescribed for children older than 1 month. Implies the impact on the body of weak DC pulses. It is used for various diseases of the digestive system, nervous disorders and other pathologies.
- Electrostimulation - appointed with lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, hypotension of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall, vesicoureteral reflux.
Physiotherapy treatment is performed according to the doctor's prescription, and only by specially trained personnel.
Another option to combat vomiting and diarrhea in a child without temperature is unconventional medicine. Alternative treatment is based on the use of herbal ingredients. Let's consider effective medical prescriptions that can be used for children:
- Rice broth - removes toxins from the body, promotes binding of stool. Two tablespoons of rice cereal pour 500 ml of water and cook porridge. Ready to give a warm broth to the patient for 1 teaspoon until well-being.
- Take 100 grams of millennia, goose gazina and 50 grams of oak bark and wormwood. Mix all ingredients and 100 grams of raw material, pour 250 ml of warm water. Collect the need to boil for 20-30 minutes, cool and strain. Drink should be taken during the day.
- The therapeutic effect of mint tea. Leave a couple of leaves of the plant with 250 ml of boiling water and let it brew. When vomiting and diarrhea in infants enough 2-3 teaspoons of infusion per day, and for older children, 100 ml 2-3 times a day.
The healing properties of dill water (bunch of green pour boiling water and allow to cool), baked quince, chamomile and ginger tea, valerian, lemon balm.
With many diseases and painful symptoms, herbal treatments are used. This method of therapy is suitable for children, but only after consultation with the attending physician.
- Mix 20 g of blueberries, snake mountaineer and peppermint. Add 30 g of chamomile flowers to the mixture and pour all 500 ml of boiling water. The collection should be in a sealed container before cooling down. Infusion take before meals for ½ cup, 3-4 times a day.
- 20 g of dry pomegranate skin, pour 250 ml of water and boil in a water bath for 15 minutes. The broth should be well wrapped and allowed to stand for 2 hours. After cooling, strain and take 3 times a day for 1 teaspoonful.
- Mix in equal proportions mint and chamomile. Handful of the mixture pour hot water and let it brew for 1.5-2 hours. A means to strain and take during the day in small sips.
- 50 g of dry blueberries, pour 250 ml of water and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Decoction to cool, strain and take 1/3 cup 2-3 times a day.
The choice of the prescription for herbal treatment depends on the cause of the pathological condition and age of the patient.
Many parents use alternative methods to treat children. Homeopathy refers to such. With diarrhea and vomiting without fever, such drugs are recommended:
- Ipecac - a painful condition caused by various diseases of the body or overeating. Unpleasant symptoms are accompanied by a feeling of emptiness in the abdomen, vomit with a pungent odor.
- Arsenicum is a disorder caused by food poisoning, overeating, nervous experiences, thirst.
- Aconitum - violations due to a sharp change in the climatic belt or attacks of fear.
- Pulsatilla - wrong lure, fatty food, overeating.
If vomiting and diarrhea are acute, then the medication is taken every 10-20 minutes. When the condition improves, the interval between doses can be increased to 1-2 hours. During treatment, it is necessary to restore and maintain the water balance. This will prevent dehydration. All homeopathic preparations should be used in the potency of 12C, but only for medical purposes.
If attacks of vomiting and diarrhea in a child are associated with ingestion of a foreign body in the stomach, then surgical treatment may be indicated. In 85% of cases, swallowed objects go out by themselves during the defecation. Babies who swallowed large or pointed items are hospitalized. The victim is monitored and a special diet rich in fiber or Atropine is prescribed.
With large foreign bodies in the stomach, endoscopy is performed through the manipulation channel of the gastroscope. If there are objects in the stomach that can not exit by themselves or can not be removed by endoscopy, then a gastro-operation is indicated. If the pathological process is caused or accompanied by penetrating wounds of the abdomen, then revision laparotomy is indicated. Complications after surgical treatment and removal of foreign bodies from the digestive tract develop extremely rarely.
To prevent vomiting with diarrhea in a child without fever, it is necessary to prevent conditions that can cause painful symptoms. Prevention is hygiene, adherence to the quality of nutrition and timely treatment of any diseases. It is enough to adhere to such recommendations:
- Make sure that the child washed his hands after the street and the toilet, and before eating. Keep an eye on your hygiene, the cleanliness of the food and the surfaces on which food is prepared.
- Wash the pot / toilet bowl with disinfectants after each attack of diarrhea and regurgitation.
- Do not store ready and raw food together, observe the temperature regime of the products.
- Adhere to the rules of cooking, give preference to boiled and stewed dishes.
- Do not give the child delinquent foods and do not eat them yourself.
- Milk, meat, eggs and fish should be heat treated before giving to children.
- The water must be purified, boiled or mineral, but without gas.
- The child should have his own towel, bed linen and cutlery.
- After the last attack of vomiting and diarrhea, do not allow the baby to go to kindergarten / school for 2 days.
To prevent frustration in infants, a nursing mother should follow a diet. The complementary feeding should be introduced gradually, on the recommendation of the pediatrician. If the baby is on artificial feeding, then it is necessary to carefully choose the mixture. Also, the immune system of the child should be strengthened. The baby should be in a favorable psychological atmosphere.
Vomiting with diarrhea in a child without temperature can be caused by various factors. The prognosis of the pathological condition is favorable in most cases. Timely reaction of parents and, if necessary, medical care, can prevent serious complications. Particular attention should be paid to infants, since without proper control by adults, diarrhea can cause dehydration, and regurgitation lead to choking and death.
It is important to know!
If the baby returns part of the portion after eating, then do not worry too much about this - the doctors believe that frequent regurgitation, as a rule, is a norm for newborns, and not a violation.Read more..