The drug Unazin is referred to the drug combinations of the penicillin group.
Unazine is dispensed in pharmacies without requiring a prescription.
Indications of the unazine
Unazine is prescribed as a drug for antibiotic therapy in such diseases:
- with inflammation of the nasal sinuses;
- with average otitis;
- with pharyngolaringitis;
- inflammatory processes in the urinary system;
- infectious diseases of internal organs;
- with dermatitis, arthritis, myelitis;
- with sepsis;
- with pneumonia;
- with pyelonephritis;
- to prevent postoperative infectious complications.
Unazine is produced in the form of a powdery substance for making an injection solution:
- on 0,75 g in flakonchike;
- on 1,5 g in flakonchike;
- 3 g in the bottle.
The composition of Unazine is represented by the following components: sodium sulbactam and sodium ampicillin.
Each flakonchik packed in a protective cardboard box with the name of the drug.
In addition, Unazine is released in tablet form: tablets of 375 mg have an enteric coating. The cardboard box contains two blisters of 6 tablets.
Unazine has an extensive spectrum of antimicrobial activity. Active ingredient Sulbactam inhibits microbial β-lactamase, which enhances the antimicrobial effect of ampicillin.
Ampicillin belongs to the category of penicillins, and shows activity against gram (-) and gram (+) microbes. The antibiotic causes a malfunction in the production of substances that form the basis of the bacterial cell membrane. As a result, growth and life activity of microbes are disrupted.
The action of the drug is sensitive: staphylococci, streptococci, enterococci, nejsherii, moraecelli, bacteroids, etc.
Before appointing Unazin, the doctor must necessarily diagnose the sensitivity of bacteria to this drug.
The main ingredients of the medicine are quickly and fully absorbed by the tissues and biological media of the body.
The half-life can be 1 hour. Old people and young children may have a longer time period.
After the injection of a single dose, about 80% of the main ingredients will be removed from the body for eight hours.
Use of the unazine during pregnancy
Unazine is avoided to be prescribed to pregnant and nursing patients, since clinical tests regarding the effect of the drug on the course of pregnancy and the health of the child have not been conducted.
At the same time, tests with the participation of animals showed no toxic effects of the drug.
However, the drug is not recommended for use in these periods.
Unazine is not used:
- with a high probability of allergy development;
- with lymphatic leukemia and infectious mononucleosis;
- for the treatment of AIDS patients;
- with bronchial asthma.
During the therapeutic course it is desirable to avoid the management of complex mechanisms and transport.
Side effects of the unazine
With antibiotic therapy with Unazine, some undesirable effects may appear:
- anemia, bleeding disorders;
- feeling tired, pain in the head, muscle twitching;
- unpleasant sensations in the area of the projection of the stomach, dyspepsia, flatulence, stool changes, impaired liver function;
- urination disorders, nephritis;
- allergic dermatitis, anaphylaxis;
- stomatitis, including candidiasis;
- bleeding of the nasal mucosa;
- the distortion of the results of urine tests (glucose level), and in pregnancy - the wrong level of estrogens.
Dosing and administration
Unazine powder is used to make an injection solution. The drug is administered at regular intervals, according to the schedule prescribed by the doctor.
To properly prepare the medicine, Unazine powder must be dissolved in a suitable liquid from a proportion of 1.6 ml of a solvent (for example, lidocaine or water for injection) plus 0.75 g of a dry preparation. After mixing, you need to wait a bit and make sure that the liquid remains clear, and the slurry dissolves. Only in this case it is possible to administer the drug.
Unazine is given intramuscularly slowly or intravenously. When preparing the drug for intravenous administration, 10 to 100 ml of solvent is used.
The duration of antibiotic therapy is determined by the doctor.
The daily dosage of Unazine for an adult patient can be 1.5-12 grams. The proposed amount should be divided into several injections from a time interval of 7-8 hours.
Newborn and infants are prescribed 75-150 mg per kg of baby weight. The interval between injections in children is 12 hours.
If the weight of the child is more than 40 kg, then an adult dosage is allowed.
For preventive purposes (during surgery) Unazine is used in an amount of 1.5 to 3 g with anesthesia. If necessary, re-administered after 7-8 hours.
If the kidneys are not working properly, you need to lengthen the intervals between injections.
Do not administer the drug to patients during dialysis: it is necessary to wait for the end of the procedure.
The course of therapy can vary from 1 to 2 weeks, depending on the doctor's recommendations. Treatment continues for another 2-3 days after the normalization of the test results.
Unazine in tablets is taken as follows:
- adult patients - from 375 to 750 mg twice a day;
- children - from 25 to 50 mg per kg of weight per day, divided into two doses.
For the treatment of gonorrhea without the development of complications take 2.25 g of the drug at a time.
When administering excessively large doses of Unazine, an increase in the likelihood of adverse events is possible.
Often there are neurological problems - for example, convulsions.
A special drug with the opposite effect that could be used in an overdose, no. Therefore, as a rule, prescribe symptomatic treatment, and in severe cases it is possible to conduct hemodialysis.
Interactions with other drugs
It is not recommended to combine Unazine with such drugs:
- aminoglycosides (due to inactivation);
- glucocorticosteroid hormone drugs (danger of superinfection);
- aspirin, indomethacin (increasing the half-life of Unazine components);
- allopurinol (danger of allergy);
- oral contraceptives (decreased effectiveness);
- methotrexate (increased toxicity);
- anticoagulants (a violation of blood clotting).