Sedalgin-neo is an anti-inflammatory and anesthetic agent from the pharmacotherapeutic group of NSAIDs. Consider the indications for its use, dosage.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent with sedative effect and complex composition. Paracetamol and metamizole sodium inhibit COX and disrupt the production of prostaglandins. Phenobarbital provides sedation, potentiating analgesic components. Thanks to caffeine, there is an expansion of cerebral vessels and a reduction in painful sensations.
Indications of the sedalgina-neo
The combined composition of the drug provides a wide range of its use. Consider the indications for the use of Sedalgin-neo:
- ENT infections of an acute nature.
- Phantom pains.
- Dental pain.
- Myalgic pain.
- Unsupported neuritis.
- Dysmenorrhea of unknown genesis.
- Painful sensations of a chronic nature.
- Migraines and headaches.
- Rheumatic pains.
- Pain of a traumatic nature.
- Postoperative and post-burn pain.
The medicine is available without a prescription, but to avoid side reactions, it is worth consulting with the doctor.
Sedalgin-neo has a tablet form of release. One tablet contains these substances:
- Paracetamol 300 mg
- Metamizol sodium 150 mg
- Caffeine 50 mg
- Codeine phosphate 10 mg
- Phenobarbital 1.5 mg
Auxiliary components are: talcum, magnesium stearate, povidone, crospovidone, sodium metabisulphite. The medicine is released in packs of 10 and 20 tablets.
The drug has a combined composition that provides analgesic, antimigrenous and anti-pyretic action. Pharmacodynamics is represented by such substances:
- Caffeine - stimulates the psychomotor centers of the brain. This leads to increased performance, physical and mental activity, reduced fatigue and drowsiness,
- Codeine - suppresses excitability of the cough center and produces an analgesic effect, which is caused by the excitation of opiate receptors of the central nervous system. It suppresses breathing, helps to relax smooth muscles of the intestine, reduces peristalsis and spasms of all sphincters.
- Metamizole is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory substance with antipyretic, antispasmodic and analgesic properties.
- Paracetamol is a non-narcotic analgesic with antipyretic properties. It blocks COX1 and COX2 in the central nervous system, affects the centers of thermoregulation and pain.
- Phenobarbital - an antiepileptic substance, has sedative, hypnotic, spasmolytic and miorelaksiruyuschimi properties.
All active components of the drug interact with each other, providing a therapeutic effect.
After ingestion, the active substances are quickly absorbed and absorbed, spreading throughout the body. Pharmacokinetics indicates that the therapeutic effect develops in 30-40 minutes after the application of tablets, and persists for 4-6 hours. The drug is excreted by the kidneys in the urine, in the form of metabolites.
Use of the sedalgina-neo during pregnancy
Sedalgin-neo is not recommended for use during pregnancy. This is due to the fact that the active components of the drug can be dangerous for the fetus. There is a risk of development of pathological abnormalities in the development of the child and a number of other problems.
The main contraindications to the use of Sedalgin-neo are associated with the individual intolerance of its components. Also, the drug is not recommended for use in such cases:
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Gastric ulcer in an exacerbation phase.
- Hemorrhagic diathesis.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Pathologies of the kidneys and liver.
- Peptic ulcer disease of the duodenum.
- Treatment of patients under 14 years.
In the presence of the above contraindications, the doctor chooses a safer drug.
Side effects of the sedalgina-neo
The use of Sedalgin-neo tablets can cause such side effects:
- Various allergic reactions.
- Nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain.
- Violations of the stool (diarrhea, constipation).
- Hemolytic anemia.
- Increased irritability and sleep disorders.
- Thrombocytopenia and hypotension.
- Headaches and dizziness.
- Dryness of the oral mucosa.
- Violation of the functions of the liver.
- Increased anxiety.
- Tremor of extremities.
- Asthmatic attacks.
- Violation of coordination of movements.
With prolonged use of the drug, it is possible to develop addiction.
Dosing and administration
Sedalgin-neo is recommended for medical use. The method of application and dose of the drug depends on the indications for its use and the severity of the painful symptoms. Tablets should be taken for 1 pc. 2-4 times a day, the maximum daily dose should not exceed 6 tablets.
The duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician. But if the drug is used for more than 1 week, then it is necessary to monitor the functional state of the liver and the state of peripheral blood. During treatment, it is contraindicated to take alcohol and engage in potentially dangerous activities that require increased concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions.
The use of elevated doses of Sedalgin-neo can cause symptoms of an overdose. Most often this manifests as an asthenic condition, headaches and dizziness, inhibition of reflex reactions, increased dryness of the oral mucosa. In the event of a severe overdose, a loss of consciousness and depression of the respiratory center may occur.
To eliminate the overdose shows the measures for cleaning the gastrointestinal tract and further symptomatic therapy.
Interactions with other drugs
Sedalgin-neo can be used in complex therapy. All possible interactions with other drugs are controlled by the attending physician. Let's consider the basic interactions of a medicine with other medicines and their possible result:
- Sleeping pills - it is possible to increase the oppression of the central nervous system.
- NSAIDs - increased risk of bleeding LC, hemolytic reactions.
- Oral coagulants are various uncontrolled adverse reactions.
- Sedative - an increase in the analgesic effect of Sedalgin-neo, oppression of the central nervous system.
- Antipsychotic drugs and narcotic analgesics - increased sedation.
- Anxiolytics - strengthening of anesthetizing action, oppression of the central nervous system.
If Sedalgin-neo is prescribed concomitantly with Cyclosporin, then a decrease in the activity of the second is observed. When interacting with Rifampicin and contraceptives, the analgesic effect decreases. Cytotoxic drugs increase hematotoxicity.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Sedalgin-neo" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.