Pharmaceuticals are eye drops that have anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Corticosteroids have anti-inflammatory properties, acting by inhibiting vascular adhesion molecules of endothelial cells, cyclooxygenase type I or II, as well as the formation of cytokines. This helps suppress the process of adhesion of leukocytes to the vascular endothelium, and also prevents the formation of inflammatory provokers - all this blocks the possibility of their entry into inflamed eye tissues.
Dexamethasone has a strong anti-inflammatory effect, but in comparison with other steroids it has a weaker mineralocorticoid effect. This substance is considered one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory drugs.
Excretion of dexamethasone occurs by cleavage. About 60% of the substance leaves with urine under the guise of 6-β-hydro-hydroxymethasone. An unchanged substance in the urine does not remain. The half-life takes only 3-4 hours. The binding to plasma proteins of blood serum is about 77-84%. At the same time, the clearance is in the range of 0,111-0,225 l / h / kg, and the distribution volume has the values of 0.576-1.15 l / kg. The indicator of bioavailability of dexamethasone in the case of oral administration is approximately 70%.
Pharmadox can be contraindicated in the following cases:
- If hypersensitivity to the active substance and other components of the drug;
- Chronic bacterial infections;
- Acute form of superficial herpetic keratitis;
- Veterinary or cowpox, as well as other viral diseases of the conjunctiva and cornea (except for keratitis caused by herpes zoster);
- Diseases of the eye structures, provoked by fungi;
- Infectious diseases of the eye caused by mycobacteria.
Side effects Pharmadox
Possible side reactions from the eyes:
- short-term burning sensation and a feeling of discomfort in the eyes;
- tingling and itching;
- redness of the mucosa, as well as tearing;
- itching and edema of the eyelids;
- deterioration of vision;
- narrowing of the fields of vision;
- increased IOP (intraocular pressure);
- perforation of the eye cornea as a result of its thinning;
- pupil dilatation
- omission of the eyelid and keratitis;
- the appearance of posterior bowl-shaped cataract;
- blurred vision with possible destruction of the optic nerve.
Therapy with SCS can cause viral, bacterial or fungal infections, conjunctivitis or blepharitis, as these drugs suppress the body's immune response to the infection.
Dosing and administration
Use the medicine can only adults and only for ophthalmic use.
If there is an acute or severe stage of the disease, it is necessary to instill a sore eye with 1-2 drops every hour. If the condition improves, the frequency of the procedure can be reduced to instill the same dose every 2-4 hours. Later, the dose is reduced to 1 drop. 3-4 rubles / day.
If there is a chronic form of inflammation, it should be instilled in the drug for 1-2 drops. Every 3-6 hours to get the desired effect.
To eliminate the allergic reaction, you need to drip 1-2 drops. Every 3-4 hours until the desired effect is achieved.
The duration of the treatment course is set individually for each patient. The average duration is 2-9 days, and the maximum treatment can last 2-3 weeks.
Interactions with other drugs
Long-term use of the drug in combination with iodoxuridine can enhance the process of destruction of the corneal epithelium.
In case of application of other local ophthalmic drugs (as concomitant treatment in combination with Pharmadex), it is necessary to maintain between the procedures a small interval - about 10-15 minutes.