Ikzim is an antimicrobial drug for oral use.
Indications of the ikzyme
It is indicated for the elimination of infections provoked by the pathogenic flora that is sensitive to the effects of cefixime:
- with acute or chronic forms of lung disease;
- at chronic or acute stages of ENT diseases;
- with bacterial infection in the kidneys or urinary ducts;
- with acute forms of intestinal infections.
The medicine belongs to the category of third generation cephalosporins, which have a pronounced bactericidal activity, as well as strong resistance to the action of β-lactamases.
Actively acts on gram-negative and also gram-positive bacteria: pneumococci, streptococcus pyogenes, E. Coli, proteus mirabilis, klebsiella, hemophilic rod (gram-positive with gram-negative β-lactamase), moraxel cataralis (gram-negative with gram-positive β-lactamase), and enterobacter. Most enterococci, and in addition to pseudomonads, bacteroid fragilis, listeria monocytogenes, as well as staphylococci and clostridia, are insensitive to the effects of cefixime.
Increased sensitivity to the drug also have salmonella intestinal, salmonella enteric and vulgar prothey.
The medicine is quickly absorbed from the digestive tract. At internal use the peak of its indicators in the blood comes in 2-6 hours. The bioavailability level reaches 30-50%. Synthesis with albumins is 65%. The half-life lasts 2.5-4 hours. Elimination of the substance is carried out with urine, often in unmodified form. About 10% of LS is excreted with bile.
Side effects of the ikzyme
Use of the medicine can trigger some side effects:
- hematopoietic and lymphatic processes: development of granulocyte, thrombocyte, neutron, and also leukopenia, and in addition to eosinophilia or hypereosinophilia. Also the appearance of thrombocytosis, agranulocytosis, hypoprothrombinemia, hemolytic form of anemia, thrombophlebitis, purpura. In addition, the duration of prothrombin and thrombin time may increase (the appearance of bruising with bleeding without visible causes);
- organs of the digestive system: gastric spasms, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, dyspepsia. In addition, vomiting, bloating, candidiasis of oral mucous membranes, dysbacteriosis, glossitis or stomatitis;
- bile ducts and liver: development of cholestasis, jaundice, and in addition to this hepatitis;
- infectious pathologies: pseudomembranous form of colitis;
- laboratory tests: an increase in the level of ASAT or ALAT, urea, as well as bilirubin in the blood, and in addition to this creatinine in the serum;
- metabolic process: loss of appetite with the development of anorexia;
- organs of the National Assembly: dizziness with headaches, a state of hyperactivity, development of dysphoria;
- auditory organs: hearing loss;
- organs of the respiratory system, sternum and mediastinum: development of dyspnea;
- urinary system and kidneys: an acute stage of kidney failure with interstitial nephritis in the form of the underlying disease, and in addition, the development of hematuria;
- subcutaneous tissue with the skin, as well as the immune system: anaphylaxis, manifestations similar to serum sickness, and in addition, drug rashes accompanied by systemic signs and eosinophilia. In addition, the swelling of the face, fever, itching and rash, arthralgia and the drug form of fever. Quincke edema or urticaria may develop. The above symptoms generally pass after the drug is withdrawn. It is also possible the development of Lyell's syndromes or Stevens-Johnson;
- mammary glands and reproductive system: candidiasis or vaginitis, and itching in the genital area;
- other disorders: severe fatigue, increased sweating, a feeling of weakness, an inflammatory process on the mucous membranes.
Dosing and administration
Ikzim is an antibiotic for internal use, used to treat children (age 0.5-12 years with a weight less than 50 kg), the dosage is 8 mg / kg 1 time per day or 4 mg / kg twice a day .
At the age of more than 12 years with weight more than 50 kg it is required to drink 400 mg once or 200 mg twice a day. The average therapeutic course is 10-14 days.
With a chronic form of kidney failure (the glomerular filtration rate is> 20 ml / minute), half the daily dosage is required. In other cases, the size of the dose should not be adjusted.
To make a suspension, you must first shake the vial of powder to make it fluff. Then, boiled water is added to the vessel, cooled to room temperature (at level 1 of the label) and shaken. After that, add water to the upper mark and mix until a suspension forms. You need to drink it 5 minutes after the powder has dissolved. It is recommended to shake the medicine before each use.
Due to an overdose of the drug, functional disorders may occur in the liver or kidney, and in addition nausea along with vomiting, hallucinations, as well as dizziness and hyperreflexia.
There is no specific therapy for disorders. To remove symptoms, you need to perform gastric lavage, take deintoxication drugs and sorbents. Procedures for peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis will not work.
Interactions with other drugs
In the case of combination with probenecid, the pharmacological properties of Ikzyme are enhanced.
When taken with salicylic acid in large doses, the bioavailability of cefixime can be increased by 50%.
The active component of the drug increases the peak value of carbamazepine, which increases the likelihood of an overdose from it.
Nifedipine increases bioavailability of cefixime, and in addition increases the likelihood of side effects.
Aminoglycosides, as well as furosemide, increase the nephrotoxic properties of cefixime. False positive glucose reactions in the urine can develop in the case of simultaneous use of cefixime with copper sulfates, felting fluid or Benedict's reagent.
Cefixime can provoke false-positive reactions with a direct Coombs test.
Combined use with warfarin and anticoagulants prolongs prothrombin time. This should be taken into account when prescribing the medicine to people who are treated with anticoagulants.
The effectiveness of combined oral contraception is weakened when combined with Ikzyme.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Ikzyme" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.