Creams for Eczema
Allergic rashes are a problem known to many. To eliminate it, various drugs are used. Consider the cream of eczema, their types and rules of application.
The defeat of the skin of an allergic nature has several forms: acute and chronic. Its causes are diverse, it can be external damage (mechanical, thermal, chemical), and a number of internal factors (diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, central nervous system, kidneys, liver). Because of multifactority, the pathological condition very often recurs. In some cases, hereditary predisposition causes exacerbations.
As a rule, the disease comes due to a decrease in the protective properties of the immune system, the effect of constant factors and in the cold season. Provocateur rashes can become household chemicals, various detergents, that is, chemical irritants. Depending on the cause, dermatologists distinguish several main types of eczema :
- The microbial
In addition, the rash is wet and dry, but regardless of the type and form, there is a symptomatology characteristic of all cases: bubble rashes, peeling and burning, severe itching, the formation of painful erosions and cracks. For each specific case, appropriate treatment with the selection of drugs is necessary.
The most effective is treatment with ointments and creams - non-hormonal and hormonal. If the pathology is of an infectious nature, then antiseptic preparations are shown, with fungal lesions - antifungal. In addition to local remedies, the treatment consists of a complex of measures: physiotherapy procedures, diet, systemic therapy. The use of any drugs should be allowed by the attending physician, who selects effective medications, focusing on the features of the course of the disease.
Indications of the cream for eczema
Allergic rashes are characterized by such symptoms: itching, flaking, burning, cracks, ulcers, erosion. Indications for the use of a cream from eczema are based on this symptom complex. The drug is used only for medical purposes after undergoing a number of diagnostic procedures. Despite the fact that the disease causes different factors, the therapy in most cases begins with topical preparations.
Any cream should meet the following requirements:
- To have a complex effect on the rash on different parts of the body
- Eliminate pain, itching, burning, scaling
- To act as a protective barrier, preventing infection by pathogenic microflora
- Moisten, preventing dryness and cracks in the epidermis
- Have a minimum of side effects and contraindications
It is difficult to choose a drug that meets such criteria, but the doctor is able to prescribe the appropriate treatment for each specific case.
The cream for eczema is in the form of release, which implies its local use. This greatly facilitates the process of therapy, since the agent can be applied directly to damaged surfaces. But it will be effective if the approach to the disease is complex.
The choice of a medicine depends on the course of the pathological condition. So, for example, if the wet wounds on the hands, then in addition to preparations of the local form of release with corticosteroid hormones, the patient will be prescribed washing with disinfecting and drying solutions. If there are significant erosions, then use antibacterial drugs.
Names of creams from eczema
Treatment of rashes of an allergic nature should be complex. Knowing the names of creams from eczema and their effect, you can choose an effective tool. This will eliminate the symptoms of the disease when they first appear. The medication should have the maximum therapeutic effect on pathological manifestations, remove inflammation, moisturize and disinfect.
The choice of a medicament depends on the cause of the disease and its course. So, in case of infection, antiseptic creams are used, and for eczema caused by fungi - antifungal. If the therapy was ineffective, then more serious drugs with hormonal components are prescribed.
Consider the popular names of creams from eczema and their characteristics:
Accelerates the regeneration of ulcers and wounds, improves the trophism of tissues. Indicated for external use. The active substance is dexpanthenol. The pharmacological action is based on the transformation of the active component into pantothenic acid (part of coenzyme A), which is responsible for the healing of lesions and the normalization of cellular metabolism. After application, it is quickly absorbed by binding to blood plasma proteins. Does not metabolize and is displayed unchanged.
- Indications for use: violation of the integrity of the epidermis, daily care, prevention and treatment of dryness, eczema of various etiologies. Care of the mammary glands during pregnancy, care of infants with diaper rash and diaper dermatitis.
- Contraindicated with intolerance of components. Side effects and symptoms of overdose occur extremely rarely and manifest as allergic reactions. To eliminate them, you must stop using Bepanten.
- Dosage and duration of treatment depend on the severity of skin lesions. The agent is applied a thin layer on the affected tissue, lightly rubbing, 1-2 times a day.
A homeopathic remedy effectively removes itching and inflammation that can accompany eczema. The active ingredient is a matrix tincture of Cardiospermum halicacabum.
- It is used in the complex treatment of dermatological diseases, which are accompanied by itching: atopic dermatitis, insect bites, neurodermatitis. Not applicable for hypersensitivity to active ingredients and other components.
- For patients of adult age and children, it is recommended to apply ointment on the skin with a thin layer 3 times a day. Since the drug has good tolerability, its long-term use is allowed.
Antibacterial medication with antimicrobial and wound healing properties. Due to the analgesic effect reduces the discomfort and severity of the inflammatory process.
The active ingredient is sulfatiazole. It is active against Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms, prevents infection of the wound surface. After application is rapidly absorbed, part of the active substance enters the systemic circulation. Metabolized in the liver, excreted by the kidneys in the form of metabolites.
- Indications for use: skin lesions of various etiologies, burn injuries, frostbite, trophic and purulent wounds, cuts, abrasions, stedoderma, allergic rashes.
- The medicine is intended for external use. It can be applied to both open tissues and under the bandage. Before application, the wound surface is better to clean. If the wound is accompanied by exudate, then before using the ointment, it must be treated with 0.1% chlorhexidine solution or a solution of boric acid. The drug is applied 1-3 times a day, the duration of treatment should not exceed 2 months.
- Agrosulfan is well tolerated, side effects occur in isolated cases. Most often this irritation and burning in the place of application. Allergic reactions are possible: urticaria, rash, itching. With prolonged therapy, there are adverse reactions from the hematopoietic system and desquamative dermatitis.
- Contraindicated to use with intolerance components, for children under 2 months, with breastfeeding and severe burn injuries with a shock state.
Pharmaceutical agent for external use with the active substance - methylprednisolone aceponate 0,1%.
Suppresses allergic reactions and inflammatory manifestations, reduces itching, swelling, pain.
- Indications for use: acute and subacute eczema without soaking areas. Professional, microbial, dishydrotic, true eczema. Various dermatitis. To achieve a lasting therapeutic effect, the drug is applied once a day to damaged tissues. Duration of therapy is 12 weeks for adults and up to 4 weeks for children.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance to any component of the drug, viral infections, tuberculosis or syphilis of the skin.
- Side effects are most often manifested in the form of itching, burning, and hyperemia. Perhaps the appearance of vesicles at the site of application. In rare cases, there are striae, atrophy, acne, excessive hair growth, folliculitis.
- Acriderm Genta
Combined drug with anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, anti-allergic and antibacterial properties.
Contains two active components: betamethasone dipropionate and gentamycin sulfate.
- Indications for use: simple and allergic dermatitis, secondarily infected with dermatitis, neurodermatitis, psoriasis, intertrigo, itching.
- It is intended for external application, thus it is necessary to avoid its getting on mucous membranes, a skin around of eyes and on a pilar part of a head. Duration of treatment and dosage is determined by the attending physician. The average duration of therapy is 2-4 weeks, with rashes on the face - no more than 5 days.
- Side effects: local allergic reactions, dryness, perioral dermatitis, acne-like rashes, folliculitis, hypopigmentation. When applied under occlusive dressings, sweating, purple, maceration and atrophy, secondary infection, may appear. In case of an overdose, hypercorticism and ototoxicity develop. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for their elimination.
- Contraindications: intolerance of active substances, tuberculosis and skin syphilis, reactions after vaccination, perioral dermatitis. It is not used for trophic ulcers, for children under 1 year.
Glucocorticosteroid of synthetic origin. It has antipruritic, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and immunosuppressive properties. Its effectiveness is based on suppression of the synthesis of inflammatory mediators and inhibition of lysosomal enzymes.
Active components reduce vascular permeability, thereby reducing the risk of extravasation of blood. This leads to a reduction in swelling and suppression of migration of lymphocytes and neutrophils to the focus of inflammation.
- Indications for use: eczema of various etiologies, atopic dermatitis, non-ionizing radiation, contact phytodermatitis, allergic reactions, insect bites, scaly lichen.
- Afloderm applied to the wound 2-3 times a day, it is possible to use under the bandage. Suitable for treatment of children older than 6 months. The duration of therapy should not exceed 14 days. After application, the product is quickly absorbed, leaving no oily traces.
- Side effects occur rarely. Patients may experience a burning sensation, dryness, redness. There are atrophic changes in the epidermis, folliculitis, hypertrichosis.
- Contraindicated use in adverse reactions to the components of the drug. It is not prescribed for patients with syphilis, tuberculosis or herpesviral skin lesions. It is forbidden for trophic disorders, acne, rosacea and for children under 6 months. It is allowed to apply during pregnancy, provided that small areas of the body are treated.
Combined drug. Reduces exudation, has anti-edematous, antiproliferative and anti-allergic effect.
- Indications for use: dermatoses of allergic and inflammatory nature, eczema, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, erythema, itching of different etiology, seborrheic dermatitis, lymphocytoma, lichen planus, phlebotoderma.
- Contraindications: cutaneous manifestations of tuberculosis and syphilis, neoplasms, vulgar acne, rosacea, intolerance of active ingredients and the age of patients younger than 1 year. With special care is used for diabetes mellitus, glaucoma. It is not recommended to use to treat rashes in pregnant women.
- The agent is applied a thin layer 2-3 times a day, rubbing into the affected areas, for 5-14 days. In case of an overdose symptoms of hypercorticism are observed. For treatment, electrolyte balance correction is shown.
- Side effects: itching, burning, striae, dryness, sweating, steroid acne, hypertrichosis. With prolonged use, atrophy, purpura, hypopigmentation, hirsutism is possible.
Glucocorticosteroid external use. The active substance is clobetasol propionate.
After application to the rash, inflammatory exudation decreases, the intensity of infiltration and granulation decreases. It has antipruritic, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Indications for use: various forms of eczema, epidermal lesions resistant to treatment with less active SCS, red flat lichen, psoriasis, discoid lupus erythematosus.
- Contraindications: pregnancy, age of patients under 1 year, hypersensitivity to active substances, pink and vulgar acne, perioral dermatitis, cutaneous manifestations of syphilis and tuberculosis, plaque and pustular psoriasis.
- The way of application and dosage depends on the severity of the rashes. Cloveite is applied a thin layer on the wound 1-2 times a day. In case of an overdose, there may be signs of hypercorticism, which requires withdrawal of the drug.
- Side effects are manifested in the form of dermatological reactions: itching, burning, dryness. It is possible to weaken the protective functions of the skin, its atrophic changes, striae, widening of blood vessels, changes in pigmentation, hypertrichosis. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for treatment.
Creams for dry eczema
Asthenotic or dry eczema is a common dermatological disease of inflammatory nature. It is characterized by high dryness of the skin, the appearance of cracks, erosion. The disease has a seasonal orientation, most often occurs in the cold season due to lower atmospheric humidity. The problem can occur on any part of the body, but more often on the limbs.
Creams from dry eczema help to cope with unpleasant symptoms. Without timely treatment, the rashes become bright red, there are eczematous papules that connect to plaques.
As a rule, therapy begins with the systemic use of drugs with fat-soluble vitamins. To prevent the occurrence of secondary infection, antibacterial combined agents that accelerate the healing of cracks are used. Selection of suitable medications is performed by a doctor.
Consider effective creams from dry eczema:
A drug that accelerates the regeneration of tissues and improves the trophism. Contains several active substances: α-tocopherol acetate, ergocalciferol and retinol palmitate.
The combined composition provides anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, antipruritic and emollient action. Strengthens protective functions of the epidermis, normalizes the processes of keratinization.
- Indications for use: eczema, erosion and tissue cracks, atopic, seborrheic and contact dermatitis, uninfected ulcers and wounds, diffuse neurodermatitis, ichthyosis. Prevention of allergic and inflammatory lesions during remission and after application of GCS.
- Contraindications: hypervitaminosis A, E, D, hypersensitivity to components, pregnancy and lactation. Side effects occur rarely. There may be signs of allergic reactions, that is, reddening and itching.
- The medicine is applied a thin layer on the affected area 2 times a day, preferably in the morning and before bedtime. With increased dryness and flaking, it is possible to use occlusive dressings that restrict air access to the wound. When applied to cracks and extensive wound surfaces, they must be treated with an antiseptic.
Local corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory, anti-decongestant and antipruritic properties.
Immunosuppressive effect slows down the division and formation of keratinocytes. Since its composition includes lipids, it minimizes the penetration of allergens and microorganisms through the skin, reduces water loss, preventing dryness and xerosis.
- Indications for use: allergic rashes, dermatitis, psoriasis. The drug is effective in superficial pathological processes that are not accompanied by signs of infection and are sensitive to SCS.
- The lacoid is applied a thin layer 1-3 times a day, the duration of therapy is individual for each patient. It can be applied to dying wounds and under occlusive dressings. In case of an overdose, symptoms of hypercorticism occur.
- Side effects are rare, they depend on the duration of treatment. Most often, patients face signs of irritation, atrophic changes, slow healing of wounds, depigmentation and hypertrichosis. When using the drug for 3 months, there are signs of brittle vessels.
- Contraindicated to use with intolerance of components, viral and bacterial lesions of the epidermis, dermatitis, fungal infections, atrophic changes, dermatoses.
Contains the active substance - pimecrolimus (derivative of ascomycin). Has anti-inflammatory properties, prevents atrophy of the skin.
It removes itching, reduces inflammation, eliminates infiltration, flushing, excoriation. Indications for use: increased dryness of the skin and its peeling, atopic dermatitis, rashes.
- The drug is used at the first signs of the disease or with suspicions of atopic dermatitis. He rubs into the affected areas 2 times a day, you can use in the field of diaper rash. If a positive result is not observed within 1.5 months of application, then the drug is replaced with more effective ones.
- Side effects: hyperemia, burning, herpetic rashes, folliculitis, paresthesia, rash, swelling, papillomas.
- Elidel is contraindicated to use for the treatment of children under 3 months, with hypersensitivity to active substances, in pathologies with dysplastic changes and the risk of their malignancy, infection with infectious agents. With special care appoint to patients with immunodeficiency states, with the syndrome of Netherton and generalized erythroderma.
Synthetic glucocorticosteroid with the active substance - fluocinolone acetonide.
It is well absorbed, has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, reduces exudation and proliferation. The antiallergic effect is based on the reduction of hypersensitivity reactions.
- Indications for use: allergic rashes with increased dryness and contact lesions, seborrheic and atopic dermatitis, acute dermatitis of non-infectious origin, pink and red flat lichen, psoriasis. Contraindicated to use in infections (viral, fungal, bacterial), intolerance of active components and GCS.
- Flucin is applied a thin layer on the wound sites 1-3 times a day. The duration of therapy should not exceed 14 days. It is allowed for treatment of children older than 2 years, but it is contraindicated for pregnant women.
- Side effects are manifested in the form of allergic reactions. Possible excessive growth or hair loss, thinning of the skin and changing its color. In case of an overdose, there are signs of hyperglycemia, a decrease in the protective properties of the immune system, and in especially severe cases Cushing's syndrome.
Cream for chronic eczema
Skin rashes of an allergic nature rarely take a chronic form. As a rule, this is due to self-medication and improperly selected medications. Completely cure eczema difficult even with a doctor-appointed therapy. This can be explained by the multifactorial nature of the disease. The pathological condition arises from the fact that cells that trigger an allergic reaction begin to react to other stimuli. For this form of disorder characterized by skin thickening and coarsening areas with cracks, peeling and dryness. Such foci are localized in places where there is constant contact with the allergen.
Cream from chronic eczema reduces painful symptoms and struggles with the root cause of an unpleasant condition. For treatment, combined agents are used that are effective against a variety of microorganisms that provoke relapses. At first, the patient is prescribed fatty, dense, potent hormone-based drugs, and subsequently connects a number of other drugs to restore the epidermis.
Consider the main types of topical medications for the treatment of allergic rashes of chronic nature:
Glucocorticosteroid external use with the active substance - betamethasone valerate.
Has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. Reduces swelling and permeability of vessels, improving the protective properties of the epidermis.
- Indications: eczema (dry, chronic, nursery), contact, sun, seborrheic, intertriginous, radiation and exfoliative dermatitis. Also used for psoriasis, anogenital and senile itching.
- Contraindications: intolerance of any components, age of patients up to 6 months, pregnancy and lactation.
- The agent is applied a thin layer on wound areas 1-3 times a day. In most cases, to achieve a stable therapeutic effect, it is sufficient to apply 1-2 times per day for 14 days.
- Overdose manifests as hypercorticism, Cushing's syndrome, secondary adrenocortical insufficiency. Treatment is symptomatic, all pathological manifestations are reversible.
- Side effects: burning, irritation, folliculitis, acne, neutral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, secondary infection, striae, skin atrophy.
GCS, reduces the permeability of capillaries. It has anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive and anti-allergic properties.
The medication is prescribed for allergic reactions of immediate type, various forms of eczema, dermatitis, mycosis, severe forms of psoriasis.
Contraindications are associated with the action of active components and their intolerance. The drug is prohibited for bacterial, viral and fungal infections of the epidermis, with various neoplasms. Not suitable for treatment of children younger than 2 years. It is applied a thin layer on the wound surfaces 1-3 times a day.
The use of hydrocortisone during pregnancy is possible when the potential benefit to the mother is higher than the risk to the fetus. Side effects are manifested by many organs and systems, but most often these are local allergic reactions. To eliminate them, you must stop using the ointment.
The topical glucocorticosteroid with the active substance is fluocinolone acetonide.
It has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties, promotes vasodilation.
- Indications for use: rashes, psoriasis, lichen planus, neurodermatitis, burns, insect bites. The product is applied to the skin 1-3 times a day, in a thin layer, lightly rubbing. Duration of therapy is 5-10 days, if necessary, the course of treatment is prolonged to 25 days.
- Side effects occur with prolonged use of the drug. In this case, there are signs of skin atrophy and its necrosis. When applied to large areas of the body, it is possible to develop systemic side effects and hypofunction of the adrenal glands.
- Contraindicated to use with intolerance of the active substance, infectious lesions of the epidermis, ulcerative lesions, open wounds, during pregnancy and lactation, as well as skin manifestations of syphilis and tuberculosis.
The above drugs contain hormones, which is why they are prescribed to eliminate the chronic form of the disease. They are applied for 14 days, applying to the affected areas. If painful and difficult to heal cracks appeared, then combined preparations are shown. They include not only hormones, but antibiotics, antimycotics and immunostimulating substances, consider them:
A drug with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Active components - betamethasone dipropionate, clotrimazole and gentamicin. Thanks to the combination composition, it effectively removes itching, swelling and has an antiexudative effect.
- Indication: rash, complicated by infection, dermatoses, allergic and simple dermatitis, neurodermatitis, dermatomycosis, chronic lichen. The medicine is applied a thin layer on the entire surface of the wound 1-2 times a day. The duration of therapy depends on the location and size of the pathology. In most cases, the positive effect occurs after 3-4 weeks.
- Contraindications: cutaneous manifestations of syphilis and tuberculosis, the age of patients younger than 2 years, intolerance of active substances, herpes, open wounds, post-vaccination reactions. With special care, Triderm is used in the first trimester of pregnancy and under occlusive dressings.
- In case of an overdose, it is possible to suppress adrenal function, Cushing's syndrome and hypercorticism. Side effects are manifested in the form of local reactions: burning, itching, pigmentation, exudation, erythema. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for their elimination.
Combined drug with active ingredients - neomycin, natamycin, hydrocortisone.
It is used for eczema, mycoses, otomycosis, superficial dermatoses, pyoderma. The drug is applied 2-4 times a day for 14-30 days. Contraindicated for children younger than 1 year, with allergic reactions to the components of the drug, rosacea, cutaneous manifestations of syphilis and tuberculosis, on open wound areas, acne, tumors and post-vaccination reactions.
Side effects are manifested as an exacerbation of the underlying disease. After the end of therapy, withdrawal syndrome is possible. In rare cases, there is perioral and rosaceous dermatitis, atrophy and thinning of the skin, depigmentation.
After combined preparations, patients are prescribed non-hormonal, which soften, nourish and repair the damaged epidermis, for example:
Universal emollient for the care of very dry skin.
It is used for diseases that are accompanied by increased dryness: eczema, atopic dermatitis, ichthyosis, psoriasis, red flat lichen. It is effective both during the period of treatment and prevention. It can be applied to any part of the body, including the face. It removes itching and burning, hypoallergenic. Allowed for children and pregnant women.
Strengthens the protective properties of the immune system, prevents the negative effect of external stimuli.
Used to care for dry atopic skin, suitable for patients of all ages. It restores hydrolipid balance of the horny layer, eliminates irritation and peeling. To achieve a stable therapeutic effect, Atoderm should be regularly applied and combined with other means.
Suitable for eliminating excessive dryness and increased sensitivity to external stimuli. Effectively softens, relieves itching, irritation, soothes the skin. It can be used by patients of all ages with any severity of allergic rashes.
Hormonal Cream for Eczema
For rapid relief of the skin inflammatory process, drugs with hormonal components are used. According to the therapeutic effect, the medicines are classified as follows:
I class - have a weak effect, suitable for the treatment of pregnant and lactating, as well as for children under 2 years.
The topical drug with the active substance is prednisolone.
Has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antiexudative and antiallergic effect. After its application, the active substance is rapidly absorbed and enters the systemic circulation. Biotransformation occurs through oxidation in the liver, is excreted in the form of metabolites with urine and feces. Penetrates through the placental barrier, is found in breast milk.
- Indications for use: epidermal lesions of non-microbial etiology, eczema (dry, wetting), dermatitis, itching, complete or partial hair loss. The drug is applied to the wound surfaces 1-3 times a day. Duration of therapy from 8-14 days in adults and 3-7 days in children. It is forbidden to use fixative, occlusive and warming dressings.
- Side effects: burning, erythema, itching, folliculitis, perioral dermatitis, hypertrichosis. The above symptomatology does not require treatment, since it passes after the drug is discontinued.
- Contraindications: intolerance of components, syphilis and tuberculosis of the skin, chicken pox, shingles, viral etiology, fungal and bacterial lesions, tumors, pregnancy and lactation.
- Fluocinolone acetonide
SCS with anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, anti-allergic and anti-exsudative properties.
- Indications for use: neurodermatitis, itchy skin, red flat lichen, psoriasis, perianal and vaginal itching. The medicine is applied to the affected area 2-3 times a day, lightly rubbing into the skin. The duration of therapy depends on the severity of the disease and, as a rule, lasts 5-10 days. If necessary, it is prolonged up to 25 days.
- Side effects: thinning and atrophic changes in the skin, when applied to large areas, systemic side reactions, characteristic of GCS, may appear.
- Contraindications: infectious lesions, syphilis and tuberculosis of the skin, various neoplasms. With special care appoint for children under 1 year and for adolescents during puberty.
II class - apply in the case when weaker drugs have proved ineffective. Perfectly stop the pronounced inflammatory process.
Glucocorticosteroid with active ingredient - triamcinolone. After application on rashes has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and anti-exsudative effect. The active component suppresses inflammatory responses in response to immune, mechanical or chemical damage.
- Indications: eczema, dermatitis (simple, allergic, atopic), neurodermatitis, toxicermy, psoriasis, red flat lichen, alopecia areata, insect bites. The agent is rubbed into the skin 2-3 times a day, the course of treatment is 5-25 days, depending on the severity of pathological symptoms.
- Contraindications: intolerance of active components, pregnancy and lactation, viral, fungal and bacterial damage to the epidermis.
- Side effects: itching, irritation, steroid acne, atrophic changes, purpura.
III class - used to treat chronic eczema.
Combined drug with active substances - fluocinolone acetonide and clioquinol.
It has antibacterial, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and antipruritic effect. Warns of excreta from small vessels of exudate tissue.
- Indications for use: eczema (dry, wetting), seborrhea, dermatitis, secondary bacterial infection, mycosis, diaper rash. To achieve therapeutic effect, a small amount of cream is applied to the wound surface 2-3 times a day and carefully rubbed. If occlusive dressings are used, the wounds are previously cleaned.
- Contraindications: fungal, viral and bacterial infections, rosacea, perianal and perioral dermatitis. Do not appoint for children under 1 year, with pregnancy and lactation, extensive psoriatic plaques.
- Side effects: local allergic reactions, irritation, striae, atrophy and thinning of the skin, local expansion of small vessels, systemic reactions due to oppression of adrenal function.
A vaseline-based drug with active ingredient is budesonide. The non-halogenated glucocorticosteroid effectively normalizes vascular permeability, has vasoconstrictive properties, inhibits cellular migration into the inflamed epidermis. It is used for the treatment of chronic eczema, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis. It is applied 1-3 times a day, the course of treatment is 21-28 days.
Has a number of contraindications: hypersensitivity to active substances, viral, fungal and bacterial infections, perioral dermatitis, pregnancy and lactation. Side effects are manifested as atrophy, folliculitis, striae, burning, itching.
IV class - preparations of this group are prescribed in limited cases. When other medicines did not give the desired result. Penetrate deep into the skin, providing the highest therapeutic effect.
Glucocorticoid topical application. It is prescribed for non-infectious inflammatory skin diseases. It is applied a thin layer on the affected surfaces 1-3 times a day. Can be used under the bandage. The duration of therapy is individual for each patient. It is not used to treat pregnant women and children.
Hormonal cream from eczema is used only for certain medical indications. This is due to the fact that this pharmacological group has many contraindications and side effects. The duration of therapy is strictly limited, and the withdrawal of the drug should be gradual with a decrease in dose.
Non-hormonal cream from eczema
The choice of a drug for treating dermatological problems depends on how much the inflammation is and how far it has spread. Non-hormonal cream from eczema is rightfully considered to be the safest local topical product that can be used for a long time. It is not addictive, has a minimum of side effects and contraindications. But its effectiveness is weaker than hormonal, so it is prescribed at the initial stages of the disease or when treatment with other types of drugs is impossible.
Non-hormonal and auxiliary drugs have no limitations in the field of application. That is, a remedy with the same active ingredients can be applied to the skin of the hands, body and face. But do not forget that any drug is used only for the doctor's prescription. The doctor assesses the patient's condition, severity of allergic rashes and the risk of side effects.
Consider the popular medicines from this pharmacological group:
The agent of external application with bactericidal, wound healing and accelerating regeneration properties. The active substances anesthetize and have an anti-inflammatory effect. Provides comprehensive protection of tissues from the effects of negative factors of different origin.
The main indications for use: eczema (especially microbial), psoriasis, burns, itching and swelling with insect bites, bedsores, acne vulgaris, ulcers. Eplane applied to the skin in a thin layer 1-3 times a day, the duration of treatment is 5-21 days. Contraindicated with intolerance of its components. Adverse reactions are manifested in the form of local irritation.
The drug with the active substance is dexpanthenol.
After application, the active components are transformed into pantothenic acid, accelerating the regeneration processes.
- Indications for use: increased dryness of the skin, cracks, erosion, pressure sores, minor epidermal damage of any etiology, diaper rash, furuncles, trophic ulcers of the lower leg, skin irritation, abscesses. Ointment is applied to the skin 1-2 times a day, the duration of therapy depends on the therapeutic effect in the first days of using the drug. Pantoderm is allowed during pregnancy and lactation, for patients of child age.
- Side effects: urticaria, itching, bubble rashes, mild irritation, erythematous spots. As there is no systemic absorption of the drug, an overdose is not possible.
- The main contraindication is associated with individual intolerance to dexpanthenol and other auxiliary components.
Cream for improving trophism and tissue regeneration. It is used when the integrity of the skin, rash, dermatitis, cracks, ulcerative lesions, various inflammatory pathologies (furuncles, trophic ulcers) is violated. Suitable as a preventive agent with adverse effects on the epidermis of environmental factors.
It is applied a thin layer on the damage, slightly rubbing. The procedure should be carried out 2-4 times a day for 10-14 days. Side effects are manifested as minor allergic reactions at the site of application. Panthenol is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its active substances.
Dermatological agent for the complex treatment of chronic skin diseases and daily care. Has a combined composition: dexpanthenol, urea, salicylic acid, natural oils and herbal extracts. Losterin has antipruritic, anti-inflammatory, exfoliating properties. Improves barrier functions of the skin and accelerates the regeneration process.
Indications for use: various forms of eczema, dermatitis and dermatosis, severe dry skin, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, xerosis, ichthyosis, red flat lichen. Can be used to prevent skin pathologies and as a means of escape. It is allowed for pregnant women and children from 3 months of age. It is applied a thin layer on the affected surfaces 2-3 times a day. Duration of treatment is 15-30 days. The main contraindication is intolerance of the drug components. There were no adverse reactions and cases of overdose.
Cream for eczema for children
Treatment of dermatological diseases in patients of childhood has a number of difficulties. This is due to the fact that not all drugs can be used. The cream for eczema for children on a natural basis is the safest option for therapy. This is due to the fact that hormonal drugs and medicines with a combination composition are very often contraindicated for children and cause many side reactions.
To achieve and maintain good treatment results, effective, but at the same time, safe local remedies are needed that can be used for a long period of time. These include drugs such as:
Antiproliferative, antibacterial and antifungal agent for external use. The active substance is zinc pyrithione activated. After application to the wound surface penetrates the epidermis and the superficial layers of the dermis.
It is used for the treatment of dry and chronic eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis. Contraindicated if the active ingredient is intolerant. It is applied a thin layer on the lesions, slightly rubbing. The procedure is carried out 2 times a day for 3-4 weeks. Can be used during pregnancy and lactation, as well as for children of childhood. Side effects occur rarely and manifest as local irritation.
The product is based on natural plant ingredients. Does not contain antibiotics and hormones. Ideal for treating children, pregnant women and patients with intolerance to GCS.
The medicine is used 2-3 times a day, applying a thin layer on the wound. The duration of therapy depends on the severity of the pathological process and medical recommendations.
- Canison Plus
Anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, antibacterial and antifungal agent with active ingredient - betamethasone dipropionate. It is prescribed for children older than 2 years. Helps in the treatment of eczema, dermatitis, dermatomycosis, simple chronic lichen. It is not used during pregnancy, with skin post-vaccination reactions, manifestations of syphilis and tuberculosis, open wounds and chicken pox.
The agent is applied a thin layer on the entire surface of the wound site, capturing healthy tissue 2 times a day. Duration of therapy is 3-4 weeks. Overdosing manifests as Cushing's syndrome and hypercorticosis. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for their elimination. Adverse reactions occur rarely, patients may encounter slight burning, a violation of pigmentation, itching.
Synthetic dipeptide with immunostimulating properties. Allowed for children older than 6 months, as well as during pregnancy and lactation. It is used for the treatment and prevention of acute and chronic infectious diseases and the state of immunodeficiency.
Accelerates the regeneration process and accelerates the healing after a wet eczema. Dosage is individual for each patient, so it is determined by the doctor. The course of treatment is 3-10 days. Side effects and symptoms of an overdose are local allergic reactions.
Vitaminic topical agent. The active ingredient is retinol, a fat-soluble vitamin. It is used for the treatment of allergic rashes, psoriasis, dermatitis and other pathological processes of the skin. Not used in the first trimester of pregnancy and hypersensitivity to components.
Videastim put a thin layer on the wound 3-5 times a day, the course of treatment up to 14 days. With prolonged use, adverse reactions may occur: hyperemia, rashes. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for their elimination.
The drug with the active substance is zinc oxide. Has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties. After application on the skin helps to reduce the inflammatory reaction. Forms a protective film, minimizing the negative impact of environmental factors. Softens the dry epidermis and accelerates the healing of wet sores. It is not absorbed into the systemic circulation and does not have a systemic effect.
Indications for use: damage to the skin of different etiologies, acute eczema, stedoderma, ulcers, dermatitis, pressure sores. The cream is applied to dry, clean skin 2-3 times a day, the duration of therapy depends on the results in the first days of treatment. Desitin is contraindicated in cases of intolerance to its components. Side effects are manifested in the form of local allergic reactions.
The physiological effect of the drug and its biochemical reactions are pharmacodynamics. Let's consider it on an example of a glucocorticosteroid - Dermovajt. The active substance - clobetasol propionate, reduces the process of exudation and accumulation of neutrophils, reduces the intensity of granulation and infiltration. Provides local anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, antipruritic and anti-exsudative action.
SCS is prescribed for patients of adult age and children older than 1 year. It alleviates the symptoms of inflammation and itching, accelerates the healing of the skin with various forms of eczema, psoriasis, dermatoses and red flat lichen. It is used only for medical purposes.
After application to the skin, Dermoveit is systemically absorbed with intact healthy epidermis. Pharmacokinetics indicate a high level of absorbency, which is determined by the integrity of the epidermal barrier. The inflammatory process in the acute stage or occlusion increases percutaneous absorption.
Metabolism occurs pharmacokinetic pathways, characteristic for glucocorticosteroids of systemic application, that is, in the liver. It is excreted in the form of metabolites with urine and feces.
Use of the cream for eczema during pregnancy
Treatment of dermatological diseases in expectant mothers is carried out under strict medical supervision. That is, the use of cream from eczema during pregnancy is possible after a number of diagnostic procedures and the delivery of tests prescribed by the doctor. This will allow you to choose the most effective and safe means.
Under the ban enter hormonal drugs and many medications combined composition. This is due to the fact that their active substances can adversely affect the health of women and the fetus. Their application is possible in the event that the potential benefit to the mother, higher risks for the child. As a rule, pregnant non-hormonal drugs and medicines on natural plant basis are prescribed for pregnant women.
Any pharmaceutical product has contraindications to the use. Let's consider the basic, on an example of a cream from an eczema:
- Individual intolerance to drug components
- Cutaneous manifestations of syphilis and tuberculosis
- Pink acne
- Neoplasms of the skin
- Bacterial, viral and fungal lesions (in the treatment of GCS)
- Perianal and genital itching
- Pregnancy and lactation, infant and child age of patients (hormonal and combination cream)
In order for the treatment to be as effective and safe as possible, it is very important to follow medical recommendations and apply medication only for the intended purpose.
Side effects of the cream for eczema
Undesirable symptoms from topical preparations for the treatment of dermatological diseases occur when they are misused. Side effects of the cream from eczema are most often manifested as local allergic reactions. That is, patients are faced with flushing, rashes and itching, which stop after the drug is withdrawn.
It is also possible thinning and atrophy of the skin, increased dryness, hypertrichosis, aggravation of symptoms of the underlying disease. When applying the drug to large areas of tissue, there may be systemic side effects. In this case, a medical consultation is required.
Dosing and administration
In order for the treatment of a dermatological disease to pass quickly and as effectively as possible, patients are prescribed external means. The way the cream is applied from eczema, its dosage and the duration of therapy depend on the severity and extent of the pathological process.
The cream is applied a thin layer on the cleansed skin, slightly rubbing. Therapeutic procedures are carried out 1-4 times a day, depending on the type of drug and its composition. As a rule, a positive result is observed after 3 days. The course of treatment can last from several days to several months. But if the condition of the skin does not improve after the prescribed period of use of the medicine, it is worthwhile to see a doctor, review the diagnosis and the therapy.
With prolonged use of the drug or non-compliance with the recommended dosage, there are undesirable reactions. Overdose manifests itself in the form of local symptoms. This is due to the fact that external drugs have a low level of absorption, so they do not cause systemic effects. Patients encounter itching and burning, redness, rash and other reactions similar to the underlying disease.
To treat an overdose, you must stop using the cream and go to the hospital. When using hormonal drugs or GCS, you need to gradually reduce the dosage to prevent withdrawal syndrome and a number of adverse reactions.
Interactions with other drugs
An integrated approach to the treatment of any disease is the key to a quick recovery. Interactions with other drugs are controlled by the attending physician. So, it is contraindicated to apply several medicines to one wound site. This can provoke adverse reactions that will only exacerbate the symptoms of eczema.
Compliance with doctor's appointments and storage conditions of the medicine, allow to achieve effective results of treatment. Topical preparations should be kept out of the reach of children, cool and protected from sunlight. The storage temperature must not exceed 30 ° C. Ignoring these instructions leads to damage to the medicine and loss of its pharmacological properties.