Centrum from A to Zinc
The complex of centrum from A to zinc is not a drug (ATS code - A11AA04: multivitamins containing trace elements), but are included in the group of agents that influence the processes of tissue metabolism.
Centrum names have several multivitamin preparations with insignificant differences in the composition or number of components.
Indications Centrum from A to Zinc
The use of Zentrum from A to Zinc, as well as other multivitamin complexes, is an auxiliary way of replenishing the body with vitamins, microelements and minerals.
Centrum from A to Zinc is assigned to an adult with the goal of preventing hypovitaminosis after a long illness (especially after chemotherapy and treatment with antibiotics or sulfonamides), as well as in case of malnutrition. But it should be borne in mind that vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
The biochemical mechanism of the action of vitamins and trace elements, as such, is not given in the instructions to the preparation of Centrum from A to Zinc. The composition of the complex (it includes 25 components) is indicated and their biological role in the human body is noted.
Centrum from A to Zinc contains:
- vitamin A - provides the physiological structure of skin cells and mucous membranes, is necessary for the production of steroid hormones.
- carotenoid lutein (xanthophyll antioxidant) - provides normal central vision, prevents macular degeneration (macula) of the retina and lens.
- vitamin E - antioxidant, regulates redox processes in the body.
- vitamin C - promotes the assimilation of glucose and the storage of glycogen in the liver, is necessary for the synthesis of amino acids and hormones, normal blood coagulation and the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- vitamin B1 - is involved in the regulation of lipid, carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
- vitamin B2 - is involved in virtually all tissue metabolism and hematopoiesis.
- vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) - is a source for the development of many important coenzymes.
- vitamin B6 - provides the metabolism of basic amino acids.
- vitamin B9 (folic acid) - is necessary for protein synthesis and tissue formation.
- vitamin B12 - provides growth and regeneration of blood cells and skin.
- vitamin H (B7 or biotin) - is involved in carbohydrate metabolism, the production of purine bases and collagen.
- vitamin D - regulates the exchange of calcium and phosphorus, provides strength of bones.
- vitamin K - a factor of blood coagulation.
- Vitamin PP (nicotinamide) - regulates redox processes, promotes the integrity of blood vessels.
In addition, Zentrum from A to Zinc contains calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, iodine, chromium, molybdenum, selenium and zinc. This complex provides a daily intake of adult manganese, chromium and molybdenum, as well as half the daily norm of iodine, copper, selenium and zinc and 36% of the required iron.
All components complement each other, for example, vitamins A, C and E together with zinc and selenium contribute to the strengthening of immunity; Vitamin A and lutein help maintain normal vision, etc.
The pharmacokinetics of vitamin preparations (including Centrum from A to Zinc) is not described, since the compounds in their composition replenish the body's stores in substances that take part in many biochemical processes, and the mechanism for their assimilation and excretion of metabolites is not tracked.
Use Centrum from A to Zinc during pregnancy
The complex of vitamins Centrum from A to Zinc is not intended for use in pregnancy, for this purpose there are special vitamin preparations for pregnant women. During pregnancy, an additional intake of vitamin A without consulting a doctor can lead to intrauterine defects of the fetus.
Interactions with other drugs
Simultaneous reception of the Centrum complex from A to zinc with indirect anticoagulants may increase the risk of their side effects.
Do not take vitamins along with penicillinic, tetracycline and fluoroquinolone antibiotics, bisphosphonates and levodopa, as a complex of vitamins decreases the effectiveness of these drugs.