The pancreas is the most important link in the chain of digestive processes. Inflammation of this organ provokes a lot of health problems, and is also accompanied by a significant deterioration in well-being. How to alleviate the patient's condition, improve the functioning of the digestive tract, and what can be eaten in case of illness? Properly chosen dishes for pancreatitis are the key to a speedy recovery: sometimes it is possible to achieve remission even without the use of medications, only by following a diet that unloads the body.
Foods and dishes: what can and what can not?
The standard diet prescribed for patients with pancreatitis is treatment table number 5 , based on thermal and mechanical protection of the digestive tract. Nutrition should be balanced, with a low content of fats and carbohydrates against the background of a high percentage of proteins. The basic rules for patients are as follows:
- during the first two or three days of an exacerbation, hunger is considered the best "food";
- in the future, the products are crushed as much as possible, ground, boiled, or steamed, but in no case fried;
- dishes with pancreatitis are consumed warm (on average - about 30-40 ° C);
- do not overeat: it is better to eat more often, but in smaller volumes;
- do not drink alcohol, sour and spicy foods, coarse fiber and indigestible foods.
Of dairy products, only fat-free cottage cheese and fresh natural yogurt without additives are not banned. Sometimes up to 1 tbsp is allowed. L. Low-fat sour cream as part of other dishes.
If we consider vegetables and fruits, then here is a list of the most preferred ones:
- potatoes, carrots;
- pumpkin, zucchini;
- broccoli, Beijing cabbage;
- bananas, sweet apples.
Meat and fish are chosen, focusing on their fat content and giving preference to low-fat varieties. It can be turkey, chicken fillet, hake, cod, pollock, haddock, etc.
Instead of bread for pancreatitis, it is recommended to eat homemade crackers or biscuits. Among other flour products, you can use pasta based on whole grain flour, cereals in the form of cereals and soups. Sweets, all kinds of cookies, cakes, pastries, sweets are prohibited.
In general, during the acute period of the disease - and this is about 2-3 days - it is better to refrain from eating completely. On the third or fourth day, a gradual expansion of the menu is allowed with slimy soups, pureed cereals, steamed casseroles and meatballs, mashed potatoes. Little by little, the diet can be enriched with other foods and dishes that are allowed during the inflammatory process.
Chicken liver with pancreatitis
Chicken liver is one of the most valuable dietary products, however, against the background of a large proportion of proteins and a small amount of fat, it contains a high percentage of cholesterol. It is this nuance that casts doubt on the possibility of using the product in pancreatitis.
Gastroenterologists explain: chicken liver can be added to meals if the patient has a diagnosis of pancreatitis against the background of enzyme deficiency. In this case, boiled or stewed liver is introduced into the menu - but in small portions (up to 100 g) and rarely (no more than once a week). If pancreatitis worries about any symptoms, then it is better not to eat liver dishes.
Chicken liver should not be fried, stewed in a large amount of oil, hot spices and seasonings should not be added. Nutritionists advise to gradually add offal to pates, mashed potatoes, steam cutlets, meatballs. In combination with stewed vegetables, an easy and healthy meal is obtained, without burdening the pancreas.
Salads for pancreatitis
Salads - they are usually associated with healthy diets, because they contain the maximum proportion of vitamins and other valuable substances necessary for the body. But patients with a diseased pancreas should be wary of raw vegetables and fruits. However, this does not mean that salads will have to be abandoned.
What ingredients can be included in salads with a subsiding inflammatory process:
- a small amount of lean meat;
- boiled rice;
- boiled vegetables;
- skim cheese;
- a little vegetable oil, low-fat sour cream or natural yogurt.
Do not put in salads with pancreatic inflammation:
- sausages, fatty parts of meat or fish;
- fat sour cream, cream, mayonnaise;
- fatty and salty cheeses;
- seeds and nuts;
- canned and pickled foods;
- raw vegetables.
For example, the vinaigrette, beloved by many, can be eaten by patients if you do not add pickles or sauerkraut to it. And “Olivier” becomes dietary if the sausage is replaced with boiled chicken breast, cucumbers and peas are excluded, and the salad itself is seasoned with Greek yogurt.
And some more good combinations for salads:
- boiled grated carrots and beets seasoned with natural yogurt;
- rice with egg and herbs, with a spoonful of vegetable oil;
- steamed pumpkin with apple and natural yogurt.
Vareniki for pancreatitis
Like almost all flour products, dumplings are banned during an exacerbation of pancreatic inflammation, regardless of what is used as a filling.
They begin to add dumplings to the diet of a patient with pancreatitis only when a stable remission of the disease is established. At the same time, dishes with low-fat cottage cheese, or their simpler version - "lazy" dumplings, become more preferable. With good further health, you can expand the list of allowed dishes, using boiled potatoes as a filling (without fried onions, mushrooms, meat, cabbage, etc.). Vareniki with potatoes should not be seasoned with fat, fried onions: they can be used with low-fat natural yogurt or herbs.
It is not recommended to cook and eat dumplings with berries.
What other restrictions exist for the patient?
- Meals should be prepared only at home. "Shop" dumplings are best excluded from the diet.
- The products used should not be hot, and the dough should be soft and well cooked.
- You should not flavor dumplings with ketchup, mayonnaise, fatty sour cream. The best sauce is low-fat yogurt.
If everything is done correctly, then dumplings with pancreatitis will only benefit.
Borsch with pancreatitis
The borscht familiar to most of us - on a meat bone, with cabbage and beet-carrot roast - is prohibited for use with pancreatitis. Such a dish, although tasty, can easily cause an exacerbation of the disease. However, you should not be sad about this, because it is possible to cook borscht according to a different dietary recipe. Believe me, it will be no worse than usual.
Instead of white cabbage, you should use a more tender one - Beijing. In addition to it, you need to take potatoes, carrots and tomatoes (sauce and pasta will not work), sweet peppers, onions, a small piece of grated beets (better - juice, only for color) and a little vegetable oil. In addition, you will need salt and some greens. First, chopped potatoes and cabbage are lowered into the water so that they boil well. Next, chopped onion, carrots, beets, peppers and tomatoes are simmered in a pan with vegetable oil and a small amount of water. Add vegetables to the already prepared potatoes and cabbage, bring to a boil, salt, sprinkle with herbs and remove from heat. If desired, you can add a little bay leaf.
Borsch prepared in this way is allowed to be eaten not only with inflammation of the pancreas, but also with other diseases of the digestive tract. When serving, you can put 1-2 teaspoons of low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt on a plate.
Okroshka with pancreatitis
Okroshka is an old well-known dish that was consumed mainly in the warm season. But with diseases of the digestive organs - for example, with a duodenal ulcer or with pancreatitis - the possibility of eating okroshka becomes questionable. And this is not surprising, because the composition of the dish includes such ingredients that are undesirable for gastroenterological diseases, such as radishes, kvass, broth, mushrooms, etc. But you should not despair, because you can cook okroshka from those ingredients that are allowed by nutritionists. Let's analyze the traditional composition of the dish, determine the desirable and undesirable ingredients.
- Pickles, salty and pickled foods are prohibited for use in case of pancreatic inflammation, so they cannot be added to okroshka and other dishes.
- Meat - dietary low-fat pieces of turkey or chicken are allowed in small quantities.
- Fish - fish fillets cut into pieces are allowed.
- Mushrooms - for patients with impaired digestion are prohibited in any form.
- Eggs - boiled chopped, allowed for the preparation of okroshka for pancreatic inflammation.
- Cucumbers - with pancreatitis, fresh ones are allowed for consumption, and salted ones are prohibited. For the pancreas, it is better if the skin is removed from fresh cucumbers.
- Green leaves of dill, parsley, mint or young nettle are welcome in dishes with pancreatitis. But green onions, cilantro, garlic arrows, wild garlic, spinach should not be added to okroshka.
- Potatoes - it is allowed to add in small quantities.
- Sausages are prohibited for adding to dishes with diseases of the digestive organs.
- Radish, radish - are prohibited for dietary nutrition.
- Carrots - allowed for cooking okroshka.
- Kvass, mineral water - should not be used as a dressing for a diseased pancreas.
- Ayran, sour whey, curdled milk, cream and heavy sour cream are also not suitable for dressing okroshka. But Greek yogurt, natural yogurt without fillers, or 1-2 tablespoons of low-fat sour cream is a great option for dressing.
- Pickles, beer, meat, fish or mushroom broths are prohibited for patients with pancreatitis. It is optimal to fill okroshka with water or vegetable broth.
Mustard, horseradish, hot peppers, mayonnaise, ketchup and tomato paste, lemon juice, vinegar, pickled apples, sauerkraut were also banned for adding to dishes with pancreatitis.
Stuffed Peppers for Pancreatitis
Bulgarian pepper is a storehouse of vitamins, and when stuffed, this vegetable is especially satisfying and nutritious. But with pancreatic inflammation, there are restrictions on this dish. True, such restrictions are relative: you can use stuffed peppers in case of illness only during a period of persistent relief of the condition, and you need to stuff it, strictly following certain rules.
First, let's figure out what does "a period of persistent relief" mean? This means that the patient got rid of the sharp pains and other painful symptoms associated with pancreatitis, and the doctor allowed him to add some variety to the diet.
What option of eating sweet pepper is allowed for patients with chronic pancreatitis? Peppers are consumed not raw and not fried, but boiled, steamed or stewed. It is not necessary to remove the skin from the vegetable. Also, do not add hot spices, animal fats, large amounts of salt to the dish.
What can be added as a filling in peppers? The optimal “mince” is boiled rice with vegetables (carrots, onions, pumpkin, celery, etc.). It is allowed to add a small amount of dietary meat - for example, chicken breast, turkey are perfect. Harvested peppers are stewed with the addition of water and a small amount of vegetable oil, or (preferably) steamed.
It should immediately be indicated that it is impossible to use such a dish often and in large volumes with pancreatitis. It is enough to eat one or two stuffed peppers a week.
Bran for pancreatitis
All varieties of bran are considered not only beneficial to health, but even able to treat some diseases. Does inflammation of the pancreas belong to these diseases?
Bran is a complex product. For example, it is extremely useful for the intestines, but at the same time, it creates an additional burden on the pancreas. Therefore, it is allowed to use dishes with bran for pancreatitis, but with some clarifications.
In the acute period of the disease, the use of such products should be abandoned: it is allowed to add a little bran to food no earlier than 1-2 weeks after the exacerbation. However, there will also be restrictions here: the maximum allowable daily intake of bran for pancreatitis is no more than 30 g. If this rate is exceeded, then a malfunction of the pancreas will manifest itself with symptoms such as excessive gas formation, impaired stool, and improper digestion of food.
It is also important that you drink enough water. Against the background of the use of bran, you should drink fluids more than usual.
If attacks of pancreatitis occur frequently, then it is undesirable to eat bran in its pure form. It is optimal to mix them with cereals, side dishes, yogurts. And you can make a kind of bran drink:
- ground bran in the amount of 1 tbsp. L. Pour 200 ml of water, bring to a boil and hold on low heat for 10 minutes;
- remove from heat and insist under the lid overnight;
- in the morning, the drink is filtered, a spoonful of honey is added and a little is drunk throughout the day.
If a patient with pancreatitis wants to diversify the menu with bran bread, then you should choose such a product, the share of bran in which does not exceed 20%.
Sushi, rolls for pancreatitis
Japanese cuisine attracts many people: the dishes of this cuisine are unusual for us, but very tasty and healthy. On the one hand, sushi rolls are dietary products. Their basic component is rice combined with seafood, so this food is low-calorie, low-fat, mostly protein, with a large proportion of useful substances.
But, unfortunately, both sushi and rolls are strictly prohibited for patients suffering from pancreatic disorders. Such food is considered dietary only in relation to nutrition to eliminate excess weight. But with pancreatitis, such dishes are prohibited, and here's why:
- in such dishes there are seafood that have not undergone heat treatment, so the course of pancreatitis can be complicated;
- food is served with spicy and rich sauces, gravies and seasonings, the use of which can cause both exacerbation of pancreatitis and abdominal pain, vomiting.
If the patient is an ardent fan of Japanese cuisine, then a special cooking option is suitable for him: marinated and smoked seafood is replaced with boiled shrimp, chicken meat or cheese, or even boiled vegetables. Nori sheets are not used, as well as ginger, wasabi and other spicy-spicy seasonings. Adding a small amount of real soy sauce during remission of pancreatitis is allowed.
Omelet with pancreatitis
Omelet - a dish with milk and chicken eggs - belongs to the category of dietary protein products. But often doctors insist on the exclusion of eggs - in particular, egg yolks - with pancreatitis. So is it possible to use an omelette, or is it still undesirable?
Omelet can be included in the diet of patients under the following conditions:
- dishes containing eggs should not be consumed at the stage of exacerbation of the disease, but only when feeling better;
- it is advisable not to fry the omelet, but to steam it;
- immediately after the end of the acute period, it is recommended to eat only protein, and the yolk is introduced into the diet a little later - after about 7-10 days;
- raw eggs are an undesirable product for pancreatitis, so you need to carefully monitor the readiness of the omelet: it must be cooked completely;
- at first, it is better to cook an omelette with water, and milk is added with persistent remission;
- egg dishes for pancreatitis can include no more than two eggs - this is what gastroenterologists say about this daily rate.
If the rate of consumption of chicken eggs for patients with pancreatitis is no more than two pieces, then quail eggs are allowed to be eaten in an amount of up to 6 pieces per day. It is permissible to add greens, carrots, a little boiled potatoes, vegetable oil to the omelette. If desired, sprinkle the finished dish with grated cheese (mild and unsalted), herbs, or smear with low-fat sour cream or yogurt.
Mashed potatoes for pancreatitis
Potatoes are considered one of the most preferred foods for pancreatitis. It contains vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, as well as a large amount of starch, which plays the role of a kind of protection for the mucous membrane of the digestive tract. There are not so many proteins in potatoes, but their quality is quite high - primarily due to the correct balance of amino acids.
With an exacerbation of pancreatitis, doctors usually recommend starving for up to 2-3 days, so it is better not to eat potatoes during this period. Next, you can start introducing the root crop into the menu, but without adding milk - it is allowed to dilute the crushed potatoes with the broth in which it was cooked, and also add a small piece of butter (or a drop of vegetable oil). This recipe is suitable for both adults and children: the puree is hearty and tasty, and its effect on the pancreas is minimal and gentle.
Over time, as the condition improves, mashed potatoes are already prepared on the basis of potatoes with the addition of carrots, a small amount of warm skimmed milk.
Shchi with pancreatitis
Shchi is one of the many types of vegetable (in particular, cabbage) soups. It is prepared mainly in meat broth, which already speaks not in favor of its use in pancreatitis. Another contraindication is the presence of white cabbage in the dish, which also should not be used for problems with the pancreas.
But there is a way out: patients with pancreatitis can be offered another recipe for a familiar dish in order to avoid a re-exacerbation of the disease.
Firstly, cabbage soup will be vegetarian, without meat broth. If desired, you can add a little chopped lean meat to an already cooked dish (boiled chicken fillet is suitable). Secondly, white cabbage should be replaced with the Beijing counterpart, or broccoli. Thirdly, vegetables cannot be fried, but only stewed with a small amount of vegetable oil and water.
This option of cabbage soup can be included in the menu during the recovery period of pancreatitis, when the pain no longer bothers, and the inflammatory process has subsided.
Pancreatitis is a complex and serious pathology, when one wrong meal can negatively affect your well-being and nullify all previous attempts at therapy and rehabilitation. When choosing dishes for pancreatitis, it is necessary to carefully study their composition, evaluating the possible negative impact on the pancreas. At the same time, the main conditions are a minimum of fats, no frying of foods, no overeating and eating hot food.
Stuffed cabbage with pancreatitis
Cabbage rolls - a delicious dish, which is minced meat with rice and vegetables, wrapped in cabbage leaves and stewed in sour cream and vegetable sauce. On the one hand, the dish is a stew - and therefore dietary. And what about the other side: fatty dressing, white cabbage, spices. So are cabbage rolls allowed for pancreatitis?
Yes, they are allowed if they are prepared in a certain way.
- seasonings, spices should not be added to the dish;
- you can’t make sour cream sauce, add cream, mayonnaise, tomato paste and ketchup, vinegar, citric acid, fat, fried flour;
- you can not fry vegetables for the filling;
- you should choose only lean meat and in small quantities, and you can’t add fat at all;
- it is ideal to cook cabbage rolls for a couple, but you can also stew without sour cream and spices, with a small amount of vegetable oil;
- instead of white cabbage leaves, you can use Beijing cabbage leaves;
- it is allowed to eat no more than 4 cabbage rolls prepared according to a diet recipe per week;
- if pain or digestive upset occurs, the dish should be excluded from the menu.
In addition, we must not forget about the temperature of the products used, which should not be either hot or cold.
Aspic with pancreatitis
Aspic cannot be attributed to dietary dishes, so it should not be offered to a patient with pancreatitis. There are many reasons for this, for example:
- Aspic has a high fat content (more than 15%), therefore it creates an unnecessary burden on the digestive organs. In order to break down fat, lipase is required, which is produced by the pancreas: increased production of enzymes can provoke a new round of the inflammatory process. And in chronic pancreatitis, the enzymatic activity of the gland is generally impaired, and lipase is produced in insufficient quantities.
- Aspic consists of a concentrated meat and bone broth, which includes a lot of extractives, as well as purine bases. In order to digest such a broth, the pancreas needs to especially strain its strength, which will certainly result in a new exacerbation of the disease.
- Aspic is consumed exclusively cold, which already contradicts all nutritional recommendations for pancreatitis.
- It is impossible to imagine jelly without peppercorns, bay leaves and other undesirable spices for pancreatitis, as well as without traditional additives in the form of grated horseradish or mustard. Such supplements for the pancreas are of particular danger.
It becomes clear that this dish should not be offered to patients with pancreatitis - even at the stage of symptom relief and with stable remission.
Zucchini caviar with pancreatitis
Affordable and so tasty zucchini caviar has long been loved by most people: you can cook it yourself or just buy it in a store. But, despite the fact that zucchini is allowed for pancreatitis, everything is not so simple with zucchini caviar. Why?
In the process of cooking, tomato paste, onions, garlic, spices are added to the squash mass, and some housewives even add vinegar. The result is a dish that is absolutely forbidden with pancreatitis, because:
- stimulates the enzymatic activity of the pancreas;
- enhances intestinal motility and can cause increased gas formation;
- contains undesirable and even forbidden components in pancreatitis.
If the patient cannot imagine dinner without zucchini caviar on the table, then there is a simple dietary way of preparing the dish for him. Everything is prepared in the usual way, just in the process of cooking the vegetables are not fried, but only stewed, tomato paste, onions, garlic, spices and vinegar are not added. To the zucchini, you can add some mashed tomatoes without skin, as well as greens and a small amount of salt. Such a dish with pancreatitis is eaten with crackers, or a side dish (for example, mashed potatoes).
Plov with pancreatitis
In order to answer the question about the possibility of eating pilaf with pancreatitis, let's recall the most common ingredients of this dish:
- meat - lamb, beef or pork;
- carrots, onions;
- spices - zira, coriander, turmeric, barberry, ground pepper, bay leaf, etc.;
- fat, oil;
In addition, tomatoes or tomato paste, chili peppers, herbs, saffron, etc. Are sometimes added to pilaf. Such a composition is not at all dietary, right? Despite the benefits of rice for pancreatitis, the rest of the ingredients are sincerely questionable.
But there is a way out: it is quite possible to cook pilaf, which is allowed for pancreatitis. Most likely, many will notice that such a dish cannot be called pilaf - perhaps they will be right. However, for patients suffering from pancreatitis, the dietary option will be an excellent dietary variety. It is prepared as usual, but subject to the following conditions:
- rice is better to take white polished or steamed;
- meat - only chicken fillet or turkey, without fat, bones and skin;
- vegetables are not fried, but simply added to rice;
- onions, garlic, spices and seasonings, tomato paste are not added, and only a small amount of vegetable oil is allowed from fats.
The finished dish is allowed to sprinkle with herbs - for example, parsley. The resulting "pilaf" can be added to the menu no more than a couple of times a week: it is worth remembering that rice in large volumes has a fixing property.
Stewed eggplant for pancreatitis
Eggplants for patients with pancreatitis are allowed only at the stage of stable remission. The fact is that these vegetables contain components that stimulate trypsinogen, which can enhance the inflammatory process. We are talking about components such as alkaloids - organic nitrogenous substances.
At the recovery stage, when pain and other unpleasant symptoms are left behind, it is allowed to diversify the diet with eggplant caviar, or stewed eggplant. Recall that these vegetables are not fried for pancreatitis, but only baked, stewed or boiled.
Young eggplants are suitable for consumption without traces of rot and damage. They are washed, cut into cubes, soaked in salted water, peeled, brought to readiness in the previously chosen way. Next, vegetables can be chopped with a blender along with boiled carrots, salted and eaten as a main course, or with a side dish.
Nutritionists do not recommend buying stewed eggplants and industrial caviar for pancreatitis, since the composition of such a product is fundamentally different from that of home cooking: often vinegar, various spices, thickeners, citric acid, garlic and other components undesirable in case of illness are present in store caviar.
Vinaigrette for pancreatitis
Vinaigrette in the classic version of cooking with pancreatitis is not recommended, because it contains acids (in the form of sauerkraut or pickles), onions, and a large amount of beets. But, if you cook this dish according to a special dietary recipe, then it will be quite possible to eat it with patients with pancreatitis.
For a vinaigrette salad, you should take a small boiled beet, a couple of potatoes, one fresh cucumber, boiled carrots, greens and a little vegetable oil. Beets, albeit small, need to be boiled for one and a half hours. Before readiness, carrots and potatoes should also be boiled. All vegetables are cut into small cubes, seasoned with a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil, greens and a little salt are added. That's all: the dietary vinaigrette is ready.
The resulting dish is an excellent source of vitamins, it is easily digested, digested gently and does not burden the affected organs. But you can’t abuse and eat a lot of salad at once. Gastroenterologists advise eating vinaigrette for pancreatitis in an amount of no more than 50-100 g at a time, no more than a couple of times a week, and only at the stage of subsiding the inflammatory process.
Is it possible to have manti with pancreatitis?
Manti, as well as dumplings, are a combination of boiled dough and meat filling. Such a "tandem" is undesirable for pancreatitis, due to slow digestion in the digestive tract. In order to fully digest such products, it is necessary to increase the enzymatic activity of the entire gastrointestinal tract and, in particular, the pancreas. Nutritionists classify manti as heavy foods, even for a healthy person.
Moreover, it is impossible to offer manti to a patient with pancreatitis, which are sold in stores in the form of semi-finished products: they contain indigestible vegetable proteins, refractory fats, artificial flavor enhancers, flavors and spices.
Manti, dumplings, khinkali are dishes that are undesirable for pancreatitis - even if we are talking about home-made products.
Is it possible to eat pizza with pancreatitis?
Pizza in any cooking variant has never been classified as a dietary meal. Let's remember what ingredients are most often found in pizza:
- pork, beef, sausage, bacon;
- tomatoes, pickles, olives, bell peppers, onions, garlic;
- hard cheeses, mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, dor blue;
- barbecue sauces, mayonnaise, ketchup;
- oregano, basil, chili pepper, etc.
In addition, pizza is fresh pastries, yeast dough with absolutely non-dietary composition. Let's think about which of these components are allowed for pancreatitis? Perhaps no more than one or two components.
Nutritionists do not advise eating pizza at any stage of pancreatitis: this product is difficult to digest and can significantly harm an already diseased pancreas.
Zucchini fritters for pancreatitis
Despite the fact that zucchini is allowed for pancreatitis, zucchini pancakes are not recommended, as well as any fried dishes. But even here you can find a compromise - for example, steam pancakes. You will need products such as one medium zucchini, one tablespoon of flour, egg white and a little salt. Grate the zucchini, squeeze out the liquid, add flour, whipped protein and salt, knead well. Sufficiently thick pancakes are placed in a double boiler, covered with a lid, cooked for 10-15 minutes. Served with herbs and natural yoghurt.
There are a lot of diet recipes using zucchini. Only here in the fried version they should not be cooked. Each patient with pancreatitis must remember the products allowed for him and how they are prepared so as not to harm his health and not aggravate the violation.
Beetroot with pancreatitis
One of the first dishes, which is often included in the menu of various dietary tables, is beetroot. A vegetable dish that is easy to prepare, hearty, healthy and tasty, but doesn’t it load the pancreas?
Any person suffering from pancreatitis chooses dishes that are not only healthy, but also easy to digest. No one wants to worsen their own health by eating forbidden foods. Fortunately, boiled beets are not included in the forbidden list of products. Moreover, this root vegetable in many ways even promotes the absorption of food, improves intestinal motility, and has a slight diuretic effect.
At the stage of exacerbation of pancreatitis, beetroot dishes should not be consumed, like most other products. In general, after an exacerbation, vegetables are introduced into the diet gradually, little by little, because the digestive tract must “get used” to the absorption of fiber after stress. Approximately 7-10 days after the exacerbation, it is allowed to include small amounts of boiled beets in the menu. Before doing this, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- medium-sized beets should be boiled for two hours, and if time is short, it is better to pre-cut the vegetable into several parts;
- do not add lemon juice or other acid to the pan in which the beets are boiled, so as not to provoke a new attack of pancreatitis;
- you can boil the beets in a saucepan covered with a lid, or cook in a double boiler or bake.
If it is supposed to cook beetroot, then it must be vegetarian - this is an important condition for pancreatitis, which must be observed. You can add fresh tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions, greens to the dish. The addition of meat, mushrooms, fat sour cream or cream is prohibited (no more than 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt or sour cream with a fat content of not more than 10% is allowed). Properly prepared beetroot diversifies the diet of the patient, adds vitamins to the body and does not harm the pancreas at all.
Baked zucchini for pancreatitis
Zucchini is allowed vegetables for patients with pancreatitis: they are advised to use boiled, stewed or baked, on their own or with other vegetables.
Zucchini is baked until tender, avoiding the appearance of a ruddy crust, which creates additional difficulties for digestion. It is allowed to cook casseroles with rice, pasta, buckwheat, oatmeal, and other vegetables, such as carrots or broccoli.
Sprinkle the top of the dish with a handful of grated low-fat cheese, or chopped herbs.
At the stage of stable remission, zucchini is baked, pouring over an egg beaten with skim milk. Such a dish is successfully obtained not only in the oven, but also in a double boiler. The average portion should not exceed 100 g, and you can use it 2-3 times a week.
Aspic for pancreatitis
Jellied dishes based on gelatin, with the addition of meat or fish pulp - what could be tastier and more satisfying? However, with diseases of the digestive system, such dishes are often not only not recommended, but also prohibited. Does this prohibition apply to pancreatitis? Unfortunately yes.
Aspic dishes are distinguished by a high content of fats, as well as the presence of a concentrated broth, which is not allowed for use in case of inflammation of the pancreas. In order to digest this product, enhanced production of lipase is required - that is, the diseased organ will have to work under additional load. As a result, the enzymatic activity of the gland may be disturbed, local blood circulation will also change, which can cause a new exacerbation of the disease.
Gastroenterologists and nutritionists categorically oppose the use of such dishes for pancreatitis - even if the patient has a long-term stable remission. Therefore, it is not worth the risk: agree, because health is still more expensive.
Macaroni and cheese for pancreatitis
Pasta - vermicelli, noodles, spaghetti, etc. - are not considered a prohibited product for pancreatitis, so you can supplement your diet with them without fear. High-quality pasta is easily absorbed by the digestive system without burdening the work of the pancreas. But note: we are talking about a quality product made on the basis of durum wheat. Cheap varieties of pasta for a diet with pancreatitis are not recommended, because of their long digestion and creating a load on the diseased organ.
Pasta is allowed to be eaten as soon as the main signs of pancreatitis subside - that is, bypassing the acute period of the disease. They are boiled until softened: this must be taken into account, since the “al dente” option during the diet is not recommended. As a dressing, you can use a small amount of vegetable oil, or low-fat yogurt.
As for such a pancreatitis dish as macaroni and cheese, it can be included in the diet with persistent remission, when the acute and subacute periods of the disease are far behind. Pasta is boiled, seasoned with a small amount of butter, and sprinkled with grated hard cheese - preferably unsalted and low-fat. Such a dish is allowed to be consumed no more than once a week.