Bilberry is a seasonal berry with a slightly sour taste. In summer, it is stored for future use in order to use dry, frozen, processed berries in the winter. Blueberries are rich in vitamins, microelements, pectins. It increases hemoglobin, lowers blood sugar levels, and serves as a basis for eye-improving drugs. Blueberries during pregnancy are an excellent dessert, a curative and preventive remedy.
Can I eat blueberries during pregnancy?
Most people question whether it is possible to eat blueberries during pregnancy, does not arise. It is a popular and very tasty berry, a real source of useful natural substances. Wild berries, because of its low caloric content, are referred to as dietary products. Thanks to this blueberry during pregnancy, nutritionists recommend to all women, especially those who have vision problems and diabetics.
Black fruits and juice from them, as well as dry leaves, are used not only for food, but also as an alternative to pharmacy medicines. For colds, tea from dried fruits and leaves is useful, saving you from viruses and heat. Fresh juice is recommended to rinse the mouth with angina and stomatitis, blueberry juice also serves as a preventive against hemorrhoids.
In ancient times, blueberries were called the "fruit berry"; modern medicine has discovered and applies its preventive efficacy against cancerous tumors.
Infusion of dried leaves of blueberry bush (2 items of a spoon for a mug of boiling water) is effective for eczema, burns, allergic rashes, dermatitis, cut wounds. After an hour of infusion, the liquid is used as a lotion. With severe lesions, they are left for the whole night.
Benefits of blueberries during pregnancy
The benefits of blueberries during pregnancy are diverse, it is caused by a unique composition, taste, preventive and curative properties - both fruits and leaves. Fresh, dry, frozen, candied berry is used for cooking jelly, compotes, jam, sauces, fillings, baking, and as a natural filler for the production of ice cream and yogurt. The most useful blueberry in pregnancy is fresh.
- Bilberry causes a rapid sense of satiety, preventing overeating and overweight.
- Pectins and pantothenic acid carefully cleanse the intestines from slags and food residues.
- Rare succinic acid and potassium beneficial effect on the heart and blood vessels, in particular, increase the elasticity of the walls.
- Calcium forms the skeleton of the fetus, preserves healthy teeth, hair and nails of the mother.
- Iron maintains the level of hemoglobin; while the trace element from blueberries is absorbed better than from the pharmacy products.
- Berry has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, replaces drugs for colds and flu.
- Due to the ability to reduce sugar levels, nutritionists include black berries in the diet of pregnant women with diabetes mellitus.
- Delicious berry is very useful for myopia, conjunctivitis and other eye and vision problems.
- With gastritis, peptic ulcer, bilberry improves metabolic processes, normalizes the digestive organs.
- From diarrhea, they save dried and berries in sugar or blueberry jelly, from constipation - fresh fruits.
Harm of blueberries in pregnancy
The harm of blueberries during pregnancy is irrelevant, if it is collected in environmentally friendly places and do not abuse the amount. Because a delicious berry can accumulate radiation, and in excessive doses - cause an allergic reaction.
It is best to eat it for dessert, as a tasty and useful treat. To make sure that there is no reaction, you can start with a few berries, evaluate the consequences and then increase the portion. With a tendency to allergies, it is better to consult a specialist.
Contraindicated blueberry during pregnancy with such diseases:
Berry has choleretic properties that can harm pregnant women suffering from dyskinesia of the biliary tract. The active substances of blueberries can cause a woman to have spasms and sharp pain.
It is also recommended to refrain from blueberries during lactation, so as not to provoke babies colic.
Blueberry forte during pregnancy
Blueberry Fort is a vitamin complex in tablets, created on the basis of the bilberry extract, a biologically active additive. Used as an additional source of vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, other useful components. Blackberry tablets forte
- improve visual acuity,
- adapt to insufficient illumination,
- activate retinal regeneration,
- relieve fatigue of the organs of vision,
- stimulate the synthesis of rhodopsin (visual pigment),
- strengthen the blood vessels and improve the blood supply to the eyes,
- normalize intraocular pressure.
Despite not absolute advantage, before the use of dietary supplements it is necessary to consult with a doctor. Blueberry forte is contraindicated during pregnancy.
Bilberry leaves during pregnancy
Bilberry leaves in pregnancy are used in place of pharmaceuticals in the treatment of diseases of the urinary and biliary tract. To do this, prepare infusion, useful also for diabetes (in the initial stage).
- Dry blueberry leaves are poured with boiling water in the proportion of 2 tbsp. Spoons for two cups of boiling water. Drink used chilled (recommended daily dose - 3 times, half a cup).
Steamed blueberry leaves (30 grams per 0.5 liters of boiling water) are used as an effective remedy for hemorrhoidal hemorrhage (in the form of enemas). Douching infusion eliminates thrush.
Tea made from blueberry leaves during pregnancy helps with heat; they are included in the composition of herbal dues for diabetics.
There is also a special blueberry diet, the essence of which is in reducing sugar; Black berries in combination with sour-milk products saturate the body with useful components and give a feeling of satiety. This nutrition enriches the body with vitamins and promotes weight loss. But before you start a blueberry diet, you need to consult a specialist.
The fruits and leaves of blueberry bushes are an excellent vitamin, preventive, curative. A low-calorie dietary berry is useful for adults, children, men, and women alike. In moderate doses, blueberries during pregnancy are very handy, as it brings maximum benefit and pleasure.