Irritation on the pubis after shaving
Depilation is often the cause of uncomfortable sensations in the intimate zone. In most cases, post-shaving pubic irritation arises if the procedure was not performed correctly, or a poor-quality or insufficiently sharp machine was used.
Are there ways to get rid of the effects of skin irritation? How to prevent this trouble in the future?
Causes of the puberty irritation
During shaving, pubic skin can be injured by razor blades. However, in order to create irritation, it is necessary to have other provoking factors:
- penetration of bacteria through microtraumas of the skin;
- wearing synthetic or too dense underwear;
- wearing too tight clothing in hot weather;
- use of detergents or cosmetics that could cause an allergic reaction;
- Use of allergenic detergent powders for washing underwear;
- shaving across hairs;
- excessively frequent shaving;
- shaving "dry" method;
- neglect of skin care products after shaving;
- use of a dull shaving machine;
- use of someone else's shaving machine;
- use of a poor quality shaving machine.
The shaving blade not only cuts the hair, but also damages the skin surface. If the skin is sensitive and thin (and on the pubis it is often this), then the appearance of irritation is inevitable. Microdamages on the skin will soon blush, and with the infection, pustules and pimples can form.
Symptoms of the puberty irritation
Severe irritation after shaving on the pubic can occur in the form of redness, rash, small wounds, which are accompanied by itching and burning. If the skin on the pub is not sufficiently prepared for the procedure, then after shaving on them, there may be a lot of red small points that do not add beauty to the intimate zone. In addition, this condition can not be called comfortable, so many are interested in the question: how can you cure and prevent subsequent irritation?
Most of us pubic skin is too sensitive. This is especially evident when using new cosmetics and detergents, after swimming in swimming pools and open water, after sunbathing and depilation. As a rule, the lighter and thinner the skin, the more it is exposed to external and internal stimuli.
Usually signs of skin irritation on the pubis occur almost immediately - after 5-30 minutes after shaving.
The tendency of the pubic skin to severe irritation can be hereditary, and may appear as a result of the action of certain factors. Increase the sensitivity of the skin:
- hormonal disorders;
- frequent stressful situations, chronic overwork.
If you have a strong irritation on the pub after shaving, then this may mean that your skin is too sensitive. Therefore, you need to pay special attention to the care of the skin after shaving.
Treatment of the puberty irritation
What if there were signs of irritation on the pubis after shaving? To reduce the manifestation of discomfort, you can use, like modern cosmetology products, and alternative means.
- Bactericidal creams and ointments can be purchased at almost any pharmacy. Active components of such agents are substances that promote the rapid healing of microdamages and prevent the penetration of bacteria into the wound.
- To prevent the entry of microbes into micro-cuts, it is necessary to treat the pubis with an alcohol lotion or a solution of hydrogen peroxide. Do not need to apply alcohol often and in large quantities, otherwise you can dry the skin and aggravate the painful condition.
- To soothe the irritated after shaving of the skin on the pubis, you can apply lotions with infusions of medicinal herbs: celandine, chamomile, string, sage.
- Immediately after the procedure of depilation, it is recommended to use special means - lotions or gels after shaving.
From the alternative means the following recipe can help:
- take two tablets of acetylsalicylic acid, a little warm water and a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide;
- mix tablets with water until a thick slurry forms;
- we apply to the skin of the pubic by massaging movements, after which it is washed off;
- wipe the pubic area with a cotton disc, pre-moistened in a solution of peroxide.
Instead of peroxide, fresh lemon juice is allowed.
There is another means:
- we take a small amount of zinc ointment;
- we refine a tablet of levomycetin;
- mix both ingredients;
- we put on the skin of the pubis at the appearance of irritation, for 3-4 hours, after which it is washed off.
The essence of this recipe is that zinc ointment has a healing and drying effect, and levomycetin prevents penetration of microbes into the wound.
Remedies for irritation on the pubic after shave
- Malavtilin - a cream based on plant components, which quickly heals all kinds of cracks and places of irritation. Malavtilin is applied to the pubic area 1-2 times a day, with a thin layer. Sometimes it can cause an allergic reaction.
- Panthenol Spray is a healing preparation with dexpanthenol - provitamin B5. The drug is evenly applied to the shaved area of the pubis, after shaking the can. You can apply the drug as needed, since there have been no cases of overdose with a spray.
- Zinc ointment or paste is a pharmacy based on zinc oxide, which is used to treat many dermatological and cosmetic problems. To eliminate irritation on the pubic after shaving, ointment is applied 3 times a day, until the problem is completely solved.
- Boro Plus is a well-known antiseptic ointment, which can be used even with allergic irritations on the pubis. The drug has virtually no contraindications and side effects, as its composition includes only natural ingredients. Ointment is applied up to 3 times a day.
- Chlorhexidine is an aqueous solution with a pronounced bactericidal effect, which is used 2-3 times a day. Often use the product is not recommended, as there may be increased dryness of the pubic skin.
- Miramistin is an antibacterial ointment that has a wide application in medicine, including dermatology. In case of irritation on the pubic, the ointment can be thinly applied to the skin twice a day. Rarely does it feel burning when using the product.
It is undesirable to use hormonal ointments - for example, hydrocortisone or prednisolone. Such drugs can not be used without the appointment of a doctor, since they have a large number of contraindications and side effects, and with prolonged use can cause an addictive effect.
To avoid irritation on the pubes after shaving, during the procedure you need to adhere to simple rules:
- Do not shave pubis "dry". Preliminary it is necessary to steam out the skin under the shower or in the bathroom. You can also massage the moist skin before applying a cream, gel or shaving foam.
- The machine before shaving should be moistened with warm water and rinsed during the procedure as often as possible.
- Shaving should be done not against hair growth, but along the way. Do not allow the appearance of skin folds in the direction of the razor: for this, the fingers of the other hand need to stretch the skin a little to ensure easier blade glide.
- Do not press too hard and hold the machine at the same place. If the blade is blunted, you need to change it.
- At the end of the procedure, the pubis should be thoroughly rinsed from the detergent, then gently dried and apply any chosen after shave preparation.
In addition, in order to avoid irritation of the skin in the future, use the following recommendations:
- Do not rub the skin in the shaving area, or use a hard towel;
- just pat the shaved area with a soft cloth;
- when washing off the foam or gel for shaving, the last rinse is preferably done with cool water;
- you can use a special antibacterial soap;
- the use of talc after depilation is undesirable, since its microparticles "clog" the pores and aggravate the inflammation;
- pay attention to the date of release and the timing of storage of detergents, since spoiled soap or shower gel can also cause irritation of the pubic skin;
- After the procedure, you should wear clean, non-synthetic underwear.
If you listen to all the suggested recommendations, then the irritation on the pub after shaving will cease to be a problem. However, if the symptoms of irritation still do not pass, despite all the measures taken, it is necessary to visit an experienced dermatologist: perhaps the cause of discomfort is associated with any disease or allergic condition.