Vitamins for Pregnancy Planning for Women: List and Names
If the pregnancy is planned in advance, and not accidental, it is quite clear that we are talking about responsible people who will take all measures to ensure that their child was born healthy, and the pregnancy was successful. Many know that this requires at least half a year before conception to abandon such phenomena as smoking, stormy parties, alcoholic beverages, sleepless nights, stress. But are vitamins needed when planning pregnancy for women?
A modern pragmatic approach to family replenishment involves planning for pregnancy. This increases the likelihood of the birth of a healthy baby, reduces the risks of congenital pathologies, allowing you to correct paternal and maternal health before conception.
In this process, one of the leading roles belongs to a full-fledged diet, taking into account the necessary vitamins, micro- and macro elements, which will ensure the needs of the organisms of both parents in vital substances and will have an unconditional positive impact on their functioning.
Planning pregnancy, you need to consider the need for each vitamin and mineral component, since each substance performs a certain function. Most often, doctors recommend multivitamin-mineral complexes, proceeding from the fact that modern working parents do not always have the opportunity to fully eat. The norm of vitamins increases when planning pregnancy, however, it is still necessary to work out a differentiated approach to this issue. Most often the body lacks one or two specific substances, and the rest are normal. Synthetic drugs can achieve hypervitaminosis much sooner than those obtained with food. The excess of vitamin and mineral components is also not desirable in the planning of pregnancy. To find out what nutrient components the body lacks is quite possible, after passing the tests.
Indications of of vitamins in pregnancy planning
The woman - a source of "building material" for the future of man. He will need vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that he will take from the body of the future mother. Therefore, certainly there is a need to make stocks even before conception, not to cause harm to themselves and to give birth to full-term and healthy child. The concept of "pregnancy planning" includes the trip to the doctor both prospective parents to undergo tests: passing various tests for the presence of infections, identification of hereditary risk factors. Woman check hormones, a condition of chronic diseases. Based on these figures, the doctor will prescribe certain vitamins or vitamin complexes. Specific indications for the use of vitamins during pregnancy planning for women is the fact that the previous pregnancy had complications or interrupted.
To bear a child to be a woman, but the father of a 50% responsible for the health of the child. And given that men usually treat their diet more casually than women, vitamins future father when planning a pregnancy is important not less than her mother. Mostly, they will help improve the quality of sperm to conceive a child of Zdorovenki.
First of all, vitamins are necessary for men who eat monotonous or forced for health reasons to adhere to dietary diet; having problems with potency; smoking and drink alcohol regularly; frequently ill and suffering from fatigue. Basically, the future father in this period requires: retinol, tocopherol, ascorbic acid and folic acid, other vitamins, polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-3,6; minerals - zinc and selenium. There is a fairly large selection of multivitamin-mineral preparations for men, the most popular of them - Vitrum Prenetal, Alphabet and Orthomol Firth +. From the health of the future father depends very much and do not take it into account is impossible.
Vitamins at pregnancy planning for women is necessary, firstly, to genital system worked perfectly, and conception occurred according to plan and without unpleasant surprises, and secondly, to prepare for a prosperous nine-month child-bearing and to ensure normal process of delivery. First of all, taking vitamins is recommended to expectant mothers, who in view of the circumstances (for example, frequent business trips), has restricted the ability to secure a complete diet; history - deficiency conditions; habitual miscarriage; fatigue; whose age exceeds 30 years. In most cases, women planning to become mother showing vitamin B9 (folic acid) and tocopherol (vitamin E). Vitamins C and A, too, will not prevent the future mother.
Vitamin E (α-tocopherol atsetet) is shown as the regulator works reproductive system of both parents, prevention of congenital anomalies and threatened abortion.
Vitamins with folic acid when planning pregnancy are appointed virtually everyone who consults with a doctor in this crucial period. They warn failure of this most important substance for the body, especially on the background of an unbalanced diet.
Vitamins Vitrum Prenetal and Vitrum Prenatal Forte addressed the future parents to meet the body's need for vitamins and minerals.
Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and D3 (cholecalciferol) act directly on the skin, muscles, heart, blood vessels, immune barrier, and - genitals.
Elevit - shown in the case of failure of any vitamin and mineral components during preparation for conception.
B vitamins are used in order to prevent their deficits, which adversely affects the reproductive function of both parents, as well as - in the further formation of the fetus in the womb.
Femibion vitamins are available in two versions: I - intended couples who plan to become parents and expectant mothers up to 12 weeks of gestation, II - after the twelfth week. In our case it is necessary Femibion I.
Comprising therapeutic dosages of vitamins Aevitum shown persons in need of prolonged high doses of retinol and tocopherol (after severe infections, severe chronic pathologies), and - in which due to limitations in the diet is reduced to obtain the necessary amount of these vitamins food or for whatever reasons, reduced absorption of these substances in the digestive tract.
Vitamins Alphabet , in particular, the option "Mother's Health" is designed to compensate for vitamin and mineral deficiencies are planning to conceive and pregnant women.
Angiovit vitamins contain a combination of B vitamins (B6, B9, B12) and, strictly speaking, are designed to receive in cases of serious cardiovascular pathologies and hyperhomocysteinemia, which is regarded as the cause of a variety of obstetric complications: infertility to congenital abnormalities.
Vitamins Complivit shown in prophylactic and therapeutic purposes in hypovitaminosis and mineral deficiency.
All existing vitamins are divided into water-, fat-soluble and vitamin-like substances. They can be taken orally, and can be injected. The form of release of water-soluble vitamins is capsules, powders, tablets, solutions for injections. Fat-soluble are in the form of capsules, tablets, dragees, oil and alcohol solutions, oil extracts. Vitamin-like substances are released in the form of plant extracts.
With avitaminosis, hypovitaminosis, iron deficiency, to ensure a healthy conception of the child, there are a number of vitamins that are prescribed before pregnancy. The names of the main vitamins in planning pregnancy for women are as follows:
- group B (B1, B2, B3, B6, B7, B9, B12);
Vitamins of group B and vitamin C are water-soluble, and vitamins A, D3, E - to fat-soluble.
Vitamin E for Women in Pregnancy Planning
As can be seen from the previous list, vitamin E for women when planning pregnancy is also on the list of drugs recommended for admission. It is the protector of cell membranes in the body, which causes its antioxidant properties, participates in the synthesis of bone proteins, smooth muscle, myocardium, placenta, liver enzymes. The ability to influence the reproductive process was noticed in 1920. The white prolific laboratory rat ceased to reproduce after a long time was kept on the milk diet, which led to vitamin E deficiency. In 1922 it was found that exclusion of the fat-soluble component from the diet led to the death of the rat fetus. In 1936 preparations were developed on the basis of oils of cereal sprouts, and in 1938 vitamin E was obtained by synthesis. It is found in food: in vegetable oils (corn, soy, olive), in fat, beef liver and meat, butter, green peas, beans, nuts. Rich in this vitamin and herbs such as nettle, alfalfa, dog rose, dandelion. In pharmacies, vitamin E is sold in the form of capsules and oily solution. It differs by dosage of tocopherol - a biologically active substance. Measured in international units (IU). The daily dose of an adult woman is 8 IU, pregnant - 10 IU, nursing - 12 IU. Contraindication to taking vitamin E is hypersensitivity to the drug. Caution should be exercised for hypertensive patients and patients with diabetes mellitus and varicose veins. Side effects can be in the form of diarrhea and allergies. Keep in a dark place, because sun rays can destroy the vitamin.
Complex of vitamins in pregnancy planning for women
To avoid congenital malformations of the child and to strengthen the health of the future mother, the vitamin complexes necessary for the planning of pregnancy for women have been developed. In them, all components are balanced and selected so as to meet the daily need for vital elements that play an important role in the removal of toxins, improve protein, carbohydrate, lipid metabolism, strengthen the nervous system, cardiovascular, enhance reproductive function, improve immunity. The complexes of complexes can include vitamins A, C, D3, E, group B and minerals: calcium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron and others in different combinations.
The names of vitamins when planning pregnancy are familiar to many of the commercials, on hearing as well, multivitamin-mineral complexes.
Often, doctors recommend vitamin E when planning a pregnancy. With the deficiency of this vitamin, the fertilization process becomes impossible, since the reproductive system, both female and male, ceases to function normally; it is necessary for the normal intrauterine development of the baby and prevents the appearance of hemolytic jaundice in a baby.
Folic acid (vitamin B9) is necessary for future parents to normalize the process of hematopoiesis and to prevent the effects of external and internal teratogenic factors.
Vitamin D when planning pregnancy, too, can not be ignored, it is not only necessary to prevent the development of rickets in a baby, its deficiency in parents can prevent the conception of this very baby. In general, the genital organs are positively influenced by cholecalciferol, its deficiency can disrupt the process of implantation of the embryo into the uterine membrane. However, its excess can also negatively affect the future baby, causing developmental defects, both physical and mental. The level of this vitamin is desirable to maintain with a balanced diet, and irradiation with sunlight only face and hands for no more than two hours a week is enough to normalize this indicator.
An important role in the planning of pregnancy is played by B vitamins . One of them B9 or folic acid has already been mentioned above. Vitamins B1-B6, too, should not be in short supply, however, they are quite possible to "eat". B1 is found in cereals and cereals, whole-grain flour, nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, volosha), in many inexpensive and inexpensive vegetables, such as beets and cabbage, carrots and onions. Vitamin B2, too, should not be enough, it is found in many vegetables, so that even the strict vegetarians do not face a deficit. Vitamin B3 or PP, as it was called before, is also present in all standard food products - from chicken and its eggs to mushrooms, nuts and beans, the same can be said about vitamins B5 and B6.
By the way, vitamin B12 can be scarce in strict vegetarians, because our body extracts it from animal products and produces it a little. Vitamin B12 when planning pregnancy is very important, with its deficiency develops pernicious anemia.
Vitrum Vitam while planning pregnancy (Vitrum Prenatal, Vitrum Prenatal forte) provide the body with its daily requirement for vitamins and minerals, prevent the deficiency of any substance. The same can be said about vitamin-mineral complex preparations having a similar composition, such as the Elevit vitamins in pregnancy planning, which compensate future parents with a daily requirement for vitamins and minerals, their lack due to an unbalanced diet; vitamins Complivit when planning pregnancy, having a low dosage of vitamin and mineral substances, which, according to the manufacturer, can not lead to an overdose, and in the production of the drug, separate granulation technologies are used, which prevents the negative interaction of incompatible vitamins. These complexes include the whole spectrum of B vitamins, vitamins A, E, C, phosphorus and calcium, copper, zinc and iron. They differ slightly from each other by one or two minerals, for example, Complivit and Vitrum Prenatal do not contain iodine.
Femibion I vitamins for pregnancy planning consist of ten vitamins, in which the body most often lacks, and in the period of preparation for conception it is desirable to compensate for this deficit. Unlike previous complex agents, retinol, vitamins D and K are not included in this drug, as, according to manufacturers, the human body, as a rule, does not lack them. This complex besides vitamin B9 contains metfolin (levomifolievuyu acid), assimilated in the body of people with the immunity of vitamin B9. These vitamins can be recommended when planning the conception of not only the future mother, but also the father.
Vitamins Alphabet are available in 16 variations. In our case, there may be interesting: the basic composition of these vitamins, practically not different from the previous complexes, vitamins for men and "Mamino Health" complexes, which are produced in three types of tablets: "Iron +", "Antioxidants +", "Calcium-D3 + ". When creating this vitamin-mineral complex, all the possibilities of reducing the risk of side effects are taken into account. For example, vitamins B1 and B12, C and B12 are placed in different tablets, vitamin B3 is in the form of nicotinamide, and the source of retinol is its natural form - β-carotene.
Vitamins Aevit when planning pregnancy can be taken only on strict indications, since they contain therapeutic doses of vitamins A and E.
The same applies to vitamins Angiovit . When planning pregnancy, they are not accepted without preliminary examination and there are serious reasons for their admission.
Farmakodinamika vitamin is determined by the degree of exposure of the substance to the body, its localization and the obtaining of the effect. Below is the role of each of them:
- vitamin A - affects the synthesis of mucopolysaccharides, proteins, lipids;
- vitamin B1 - participates in hematopoiesis, improves the activity of the nervous system, normalizes the work of the heart;
- vitamin B2 - eliminates the effect of toxins on the body, is used in the formation of blood cells and antibodies;
- vitamin B3 (PP) - nicotinamide, favorably affects the production of hormones by the adrenal glands, is involved in metabolic processes;
- vitamin B6 - is necessary for metabolism, for the healthy functioning of the central nervous system, for the formation of the bone structure, tooth, gums of the future child;
- vitamin B7 - biotin, takes part in metabolic processes, ensures the stability of sugar levels;
- Vitamins with folic acid - one of the main stimulants of hemopoiesis, with its deficiency, the formation of erythrocytes is disrupted. Taking folic acid reduces the risks of birth defects from external and internal adverse factors. Deficiency of folic acid negatively affects the rate of cell division of the fetal egg, the formation of the nervous system of the future baby, it is necessary for the growth and development of all its systems and organs.
- vitamin B12 - promotes oxygen metabolism in cells, participates in the production of blood;
- vitamin C - affects the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels, strengthens bone tissue, assists in the assimilation of calcium and iron;
- vitamin D3 - is needed for the prevention of rickets, affects the regulation of calcium-phosphorus metabolism.
Virtually all B vitamins one way or another involved in the blood and the formation of the nervous system of the fetus. Vitamin B1 tones up the muscular system of the digestive and heart organs, participates in the metabolism and assimilation of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, water and salts, does not accumulate in tissues and organs and does not have toxic effects on them, it must be replenished daily. Vitamin B2 promotes the assimilation of iron and, in combination with B1, maintains the necessary level of this element in the blood, preventing the development of iron deficiency anemia. It is necessary for the normal formation of the brain and organs of vision, regulates cellular respiration. Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide) is placed next to vitamin C, assessing its ability to increase the body's resistance to various diseases. This vitamin is not afraid of high temperature, it does not collapse in both acidic and alkaline environments. Vitamin B5 activates all the processes of cellular metabolism, as well as the synthesis of hormones in the adrenal glands, improves microcirculation of blood, helps to eliminate toxins and assimilate nutrients. His role in the work of the brain and the nervous system is irreplaceable. Vitamin B6 is necessary for the metabolism of proteins and amino acids, for the normal functioning of the enzymatic systems of the body, the assimilation of vitamin B12, without which the erythrocyte maturation is impossible, blood coagulability and normal hematopoiesis are disrupted.
Vitrum Prenatal Vitamins and stronger version - Vitrum Prenatal Forte contains a full range of essential vitamins and minerals to provide a daily necessity and prevention of deficiency states, such as iron deficiency anemia. Pharmacodynamics corresponds to the composition of a multivitamin-mineral preparation, which includes all the necessary vitamins of group B, vitamins A, E, C, D, calcium, zinc, iron, nicotinamide. The forte variant contains an even more complex composition of 22 substances, covering all spheres of the functioning of the human body. Taking these complexes, you can not think about the usefulness of nutrition (is it good, everyone decides for himself).
Elevit Pronatal - by composition and pharmacological properties is similar to Vitrum Prenatal Forte, contains 12 vitamins and 7 minerals necessary for the parents' organisms of the future baby, prevents the risk of deficiency of any necessary component. Normalizes the processes of hematopoiesis, metabolism, oxidation-reduction reactions in the body, maintains a normal reproductive function.
Similar to the above described and complex drug Complivit, containing 19 vitamins and minerals, as well as Femibion I, differing from the previous absence of vitamins A, D and K.
Vitamins Alphabet are interesting not only for their composition, but for their creators taking into account all the interactions of various components. They are produced in three different tablets, and not combined vitamins and minerals in one tablet are not combined. When this vitamin-mineral preparation was created, it was possible to avoid the influence of antagonist ingredients on each other, which makes the assimilation of substances more complete.
Complex Aevit includes two active ingredients - α-tocopherol acetate and retinol palmitate. Its mechanism of action corresponds to these components. It is a stimulant of the body's defenses, which, in addition, has pronounced antioxidant properties. Ingredients of the complex are participants in the proliferation of epithelial cells, muscles and bone tissue, restoration and renewal, metabolism of proteins and fats. They promote the normalization of the quality of germ cells and activate the reproductive function. Vitamins A and E normalize trophic processes in tissues, increase the elasticity and strength of blood vessels, improve blood microcirculation in capillaries.
Angiovitis is a complex of three vitamins of group B (B6, B9, B12). This composition stimulates the enzymatic activity of methionine remethylation and transulfation catalysts, which accelerates the decomposition of methionine into metabolites, including - reduces the serum concentration of a toxic amino acid - homocysteine, the excess content of which provokes a lack of vitamins B6, B9, B12 in the body. This pathology is considered in modern medicine as an increased likelihood of a variety of obstetric complications: habitual miscarriages, defects in implantation of the fetal egg as a cause of infertility, late toxicosis, intrauterine fetal death and others. This complex compensates for the lack of vitamins and eliminates hyperhomocysteinemia.
The pharmacokinetics of essential vitamins recommended for pregnancy planning are given below:
- A (retinol) - quickly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, saturates the liver and is maximally concentrated in the blood after 4 hours;
- B1 (thiamine) - is not synthesized in humans, gets ingested with food, absorbed from the intestine;
- B2 (riboflavin) - absorbed in the guts, passes the metabolic processes in the liver, blood, walls of the intestines. It is excreted from the body by the kidneys, staining the urine in yellow;
- B6 (pyridoxine) - getting into the body, through complex transformations enters the small intestine and absorbed. Its greatest concentration in the liver, myocardium and kidneys. The products released as a result of these processes are excreted in the urine;
- B7 (biotin) - from the upper parts of the small intestine in unchanged form enters the body. It is excreted by emptying the bladder and defecating;
- B9 (folic acid) - absorbed in the stomach and duodenum, subsequently intensively binding to plasma proteins. It is excreted by the kidneys;
- B12 (cyanocobalamin) - is synthesized by microorganisms, the colon is not absorbed. After going through a complex path of transformation, begins to be absorbed in the oral cavity, then in the small intestine. Of the total amount of vitamin that is in food and entered the gastrointestinal tract, only 20-25% is absorbed;
- C (ascorbic acid) - absorption occurs mainly in the small intestine, the maximum concentration - 4 hours after ingestion. When you take 200 mg, 70% of the vitamin is absorbed, with increasing dose - the ability to penetrate the body decreases to 50-20%. It is excreted by the kidneys and with feces. Smoking and alcohol destroy vitamin C, reducing its reserves;
- D3 (cholecalciferol) - absorbed in the small intestine. All the processes of transformation occur in the liver, kidneys, skin. In natural conditions it forms under the skin from ultraviolet rays, accumulates in fatty tissues. The half-life is 19 days. The non-absorbed part is excreted with feces;
- E (tocopherol) - through the upper parts of the small intestine enters the lymphatic system, then into the blood. In a week 80% is excreted with bile in the intestine, the rest - with urine;
- PP (nicotinic acid) - absorption occurs in the stomach and upper parts of the small intestine, is excreted in the urine.
The pharmacokinetics of multivitamin and polymineral complexes is not fully understood due to the multicomponent composition of these preparations. However, we can say that water-soluble vitamins (ascorbic acid, group B) and minerals are well absorbed by tissues in the necessary norms of daily intake. Surpluses not absorbed in the tissue are excreted naturally, mainly with urine, occasionally with bile and feces.
The body can be sensitized to any vitamin or group of vitamins and minerals, in which case the vitamin preparation or complex containing it is contraindicated for use.
Contraindications to the use of any of the vitamins is hypersensitivity and hypervitaminosis. Also, each of them has its own particular effects on the body, which can cause harm and must be taken into account when taking:
- Vitamin A is contraindicated in liver cirrhosis, viral hepatitis, kidney disease; is not prescribed for persons with severe forms of coronary heart disease, toxic goiter, vitamin E overabundance and children 0-12 years old;
Vitamins of group B have almost no contraindications, except for hypersensitivity reactions, they are not used in erythremia, erythrocytosis, thromboembolism, neoplasms and angina pectoris; there are separate data on teratogenic effects of high doses of vitamins of this group; therefore, in official instructions for vitamin B12 pregnancy is included in contraindications.
- vitamin B6 - with coronary heart disease, ulcer of the stomach and duodenum;
- B9 - with pernicious anemia;
- B12 - with neoplasms, thrombosis;
- C - in diabetes mellitus, kidney stones, metabolic disorders and a number of other diseases;
- D3 - for certain diagnoses of kidney and liver, heart, tuberculosis; is contraindicated for persons with an excess of calcium and a given vitamin, urolithiasis on their background.
Vitrum Prenatal is not prescribed for patients with excess of calcium, magnesium, selenium, vitamins A, D and E, erythrocytes, metabolic disorders of Cu and / or Fe; sensitization to fructose and / or lactose; with severe dysfunction of the liver and kidneys, urolithiasis and kidney stones, glomerulonephritis; gout; Vaquez-Osler disease; active pulmonary tuberculosis; propensity to form blood clots; toxic goiter; chronic heart diseases; ulcers localized in the upper parts of the gastroduodenal zone.
Elevate Pronatal is not recommended for people with excess vitamin A or D3, with renal or hepatic insufficiency or their combination, metabolic disorders of calcium or iron.
The alphabet is contraindicated in persons with hypervitaminosis, hypermineralization, toxic goiter. The same concerns, in principle, all the vitamin preparations, although the rest of the producers of multivitamin-mineral complexes indicated only hypersensitivity to the components (Complivit, Femibion I, Angiovit).
Aevit is not assigned to persons with toxic goiter, acute and chronic renal pathologies and diseases of the circulatory system, especially with a high probability of thromboembolism, acute and chronic ischemic heart disease.
All these warnings are a signal that one should not take vitamins without consulting a doctor.
Side effects of of vitamins in pregnancy planning
From general side effects common to all the vitamins include the possibility of allergic reaction symptoms manifestations as itching, skin rash, edema of the mucosa and skin. In subcutaneous administration of certain vitamins may be painful. Certain vitamins can cause:
- numbness in the limbs (PP and B6);
- a sharp decrease of pressure (PP);
- bronchoconstriction (B9);
- tachycardia (B12);
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, metabolism disorders, damage to the enamel (C);
- constipation, headache, increased blood pressure (D3).
Dosing and administration
The way of application and the dose of vitamins in planning pregnancy for women should comply with the recommendations relating to preventive purposes: take inside 10-15 minutes. After eating, with plenty of water.
The daily intake of essential vitamin supplements recommended for pregnancy planning is as follows:
- A - 3.3 thousand IU. Vitamin is stored in the body, so you can not become pregnant before half a year after the end of the procedure;
- B1 - 2-5 mg;
- B2 - 1.6 mg;
- B6 - 2-3 mg;
- B7 - 30-100 mcg;
- B9 - 200-400 mcg;
- B12 - 30 mcg;
- C - 50-100 mg;
- D3 - 3125-5000 ME;
- PP 0.015-0.025 g.
Vitamins of group B, Aevit and Angiovit are prescribed by the doctor, proceeding from the needs of future parents' organisms;
Overdosing of vitamins leads to the development of hypervitaminosis, allergies, nausea, diarrhea. So, excessive intake of vitamin A can cause drowsiness, double vision in the eyes, peeling of the lips, dryness of the oral mucosa; vitamin B1 - lower blood pressure, raise body temperature; B2 - lead to swelling; B6 - to anemia, movement coordination disorders, numbness of the limbs; In 12 - to disruption of the heart, increase blood clotting.
In general, an overdose manifests as an allergic urticaria, headache and dyspepsia: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
The recommended doses of vitamins in pregnancy planning usually do not cause undesirable effects, but with prolonged use of high doses, in addition to those already indicated, the following can be observed:
- 400-800 mg / day of tocopherol can provoke visual disturbances, abdominal muscle cramps, dizziness, weakness; more than 800 mg / day bleeding disorders, hemorrhages, vitamin K deficiency; disorders of metabolic processes in the thyroid gland; thrombophlebitis, thromboembolism; increase serum concentration of thyroglobulin and cholesterol, activity of creatine kinase, concentration of female and male sex hormones in the urine;
- an overdose of folate is not documented;
- vitamin D3: the need to drink, accompanied by the drying of the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat, urination disorders, loss of appetite, metal smack in the tongue, hyper-fatigue, reluctance to move, dehydration; a little later, there may be pain in the bones, muscles, visual disorders, weight loss and mental changes;
- overdoses of B vitamins are not described, vitamin B2 and B3, taken in high doses and uncontrolled can cause obesity of the liver;
- long- term use of high doses of Aevita may cause a relapse of chronic inflammation of the pancreas and cholelithiasis, hypertension of retinol, manifested by disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system (behavioral anomalies - increased excitability or indifference, insomnia, drowsiness, numbness of the extremities), arthralgia, hair loss, akinesia, drying skin palmar-plantar localization, hepato- and splenomegaly.
Interactions with other drugs
Taking both different vitamins and medicines, it is necessary to remember the reaction from interaction with each other:
- A - poorly digested without vitamin E, and if it is taken concomitantly with alcohol, then you can cause more damage to the liver than from taking only alcohol. The combination of a vitamin with natural compounds that have its activity (retinols) is generally toxic; It is not prescribed in combination with preparations containing iron and silver, having an alkaline medium, indirect anticoagulants. It enhances the effect of hormonal and non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs, antiepileptic drugs, reduces the toxicity of SG, vitamins A and D. The antagonist of vitamin K.
- B1 - alcohol reduces the rate of its absorption, and reception together with antibiotics and nicotinic acid destroys the latter;
- B2 - promotes the assimilation of vitamin B6, it is compatible with antihypertensive drugs, and tranquilizers block the rate of its assimilation. Vitamin B2 is synergistically combined with B1, B9, B6;
- В3 - it is necessary to breed on time reception with antibiotics, aspirin, drugs that reduce blood pressure, and diabetics take into account its ability to increase blood sugar;
- B6 - is incompatible with B1 and B12. Increases the effect of diuretics and interacts well with cardiac herbal preparations;
- B7 - prevent the absorption of alcohol, nicotine, anticonvulsants and antibiotics into the bloodstream. Magnesium and zinc, on the contrary, help in absorption;
- B9 - interacts well with B12 and C. Efficiency decreases with simultaneous reception with aspirin, corticosteroid hormones, anti-inflammatory drugs, is not prescribed simultaneously with certain antibiotics and anti-tuberculosis drugs, as well as hormonal contraceptives (which in our case is not relevant);
- B12 - is incompatible with other vitamins of this group, with aspirin, salts of heavy metals;
- C - taking large doses of aspirin leads to its loss by the body; restores oxidized vitamin E;
- D3 - at high doses increases the effect of cardiac drugs, than can cause arrhythmia. Simultaneous reception with diuretics can lead to the development of hypercalcemia, it is not prescribed simultaneously with other vitamin-mineral complexes containing it, some diuretics, cardiac glycosides, calcium and phosphorus preparations, benzodiazepines and barbiturates;
- E - interaction with selenium enhances its action. Magnesium, zinc and copper ions inhibit the action of the vitamin.
Vitrum Prenatal, Alphabet, Complivit is not combined with sulfonamides, some antibiotics, with other vitamin-mineral preparations, especially those containing vitamin A (taking into account the teratogenicity of this vitamin).
Elevit is not assigned simultaneously with other vitamins, minerals and complex multivitamin-mineral preparations; antibiotics of the tetracycline are taken at intervals of at least two hours after or before taking Elevit.
Fembione is not a medicinal product and its interaction with other agents is not stated.
Aevit: a combination with other drugs, which include retinol, its predecessors and synthetic analogs is unacceptable. The combination with estrogen increases the risk of excess vitamin A. Salts and esters of nitric acid, colestyramine in combination with this drug reduce the absorption of retinol palmitate. Simultaneous use with glucocorticosteroids inhibits the anti-inflammatory effect of the latter.
- with simultaneous replacement therapy with estrogen, the use of anticonvulsant and / or analgesics, the body's vitamin B9 needs increase;
- antacids, colestyramine, sulfonylamides reduce the absorption of vitamin B9;
- some antibiotics, cytostatics, diuretics and antimalarials reduce the effectiveness of vitamin B9;
- vitamin B6 in combination with diuretics increases their effectiveness; with levodopa - reduces its effectiveness;
- the effectiveness of vitamin B6 reduces some antibiotics and estrogen-containing contraceptives;
- vitamin B6 synergistically combines with cardiac glycosides, L-glutamic acid and asparcam (increases myocardial resistance to oxygen deficiency);
- absorption of vitamin B12 decreases in combination
with salicylates, aminoglycosides, colchicine, potassium preparations and antiepileptic drugs;
- Angiovitis is not prescribed with
blood coagulable drugs.
This information is usually indicated on the packaging. As a rule, vitamins and minerals are stored at a positive temperature of up to 25 ° C for not more than three years.
The future mother, of course, requires a number of vitamins and minerals to bear a healthy child and not to experience their shortage. Nevertheless, vitamin preparations, especially containing therapeutic doses of one or more vitamins, can in no case be prescribed for themselves. Necessarily need to consult with a doctor and be inspected for the level of vitamins in the blood, both male and female.
The surplus of vitamins and minerals, the more gleaned from the preparations, and not from food, can also have a detrimental effect on the future pregnancy, as well as their deficiency. If you know what substances are missing for you, then low-cost vitamins will be effective in planning pregnancy. For example, vitamin E or folic acid are very inexpensive and available to everyone. About ten years ago it was this combination that was declared a panacea for all the complications of pregnancy and fetal pathologies, it was they who were appointed during pregnancy planning for everyone without exception. They can really benefit, however, without detracting from their significance, the enthusiasm has now somewhat subsided.
Best Vitamins at pregnancy planning for women
When planning a pregnancy for the prevention of disorders of the central nervous system of the fetus women worldwide administered folic acid (B9). After examining all the information about other vitamins and their beneficial properties, the interaction with each other, the negative impact of an overdose, it is clear that the best vitamins during pregnancy planning for women - a complex of vitamins and minerals that have passed the test, each component of which is necessary, and balanced doses. Here are the most popular ones:
- vitrum prenatal;
- elyevit prenatal;
- Alphabet for pregnant women;
- multitabs perinatal.
In developed countries, where better nutrition and expectant mothers are available a variety of fruits and vegetables all year round, it is not considered necessary to the reception of vitamins in pregnancy planning. As for us, in order to prevent vitamin deficiencies, it is recommended to saturate your body with nutrients to build a strong "foundation" for the future of a new life.
Rating vitamins for pregnancy planning each person can only be their own, individual, specific, based on the needs of the organism on the basis of examinations and medical recommendations.
If there is no pronounced signs of deficiency states, usually doctors recommend modern multivitamin-mineral complexes, including in its membership a wide range of substances. They contain lower doses of vitamins and minerals, and the assurances of manufacturers, should not lead to hypervitaminosis. However, before taking such means, it is desirable to consult an adequate expert, or better yet take a blood test on the content of vitamins there.
Analyzing the responses of women preparing for motherhood in advance, it can be concluded that most of them have received recommendations from experts and expressed a preference for folic acid (vitamin B9) and vitamin E. A minority of taking vitamin complexes. In both cases, the pregnancy went well and were born healthy children.
To simplify the perception of information, this instruction for use of the drug "Vitamins for Pregnancy Planning for Women: List and Names" translated and presented in a special form on the basis of the official instructions for medical use of the drug. Before use read the annotation that came directly to medicines.
Description provided for informational purposes and is not a guide to self-healing. The need for this drug, the purpose of the treatment regimen, methods and dose of the drug is determined solely by the attending physician. Self-medication is dangerous for your health.