Electronic pregnancy test
The electronic pregnancy test allows to establish the fact of its onset (or not offensive) simply, quickly and, most importantly, is practically unmistakable: manufacturers of such tests assure that the level of their accuracy is not less than 99%.
Electronic Pregnancy Tests First Response (Gold Digital Pregnancy Test), ept Digital Pregnancy Test and CVS Digital Pregnancy Test are produced in the USA; in the UK release Lloydspharmacy 2 Digital Pregnancy Tests, and in Switzerland - Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test.
All of them determine pregnancy by the same principle as conventional stripe tests, that is, based on the detection of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in the urine. This hormone is a "marker" of pregnancy, because it begins to develop about a week after conception (the introduction of a fertilized egg into the uterine membrane) by cells of the surface layer of the embryonic part of the placenta - the chorion.
Electronic pregnancy test Clearblue
To date, our women mainly offers well-proven electronic Clearblue pregnancy test, which was developed by British experts and produced by the Swiss company SPD Swiss Precision Diagnostics GmbH since 2008.
Improving the accuracy of the test results provided by their error-free decoding of a digital optical reader that eliminates the human factor that is present when using conventional test strips.
Advantages of a pregnancy test consists in the fact that in addition to ascertaining pregnancy, this test has determinant indicator of term of its occurrence (Weeks Estimator), which producers called the counter time from conception to within one or two, two or three or more than three weeks.
Instructions for use of the electronic pregnancy test this brand claims that - according to the results of experimental verification - of the correctness of the determination of her life "clear blue" digital determinant of gestation is not inferior to US and more than 90%.
How to use an electronic pregnancy test?
Manual provides clear step instructions on how to use an electronic test of the Clearblue Digital Pregnancy.
Basic rules for the use Clearblue test:
- Testing should be done in a certain period - with the alleged day of the next month. Although it is possible its use and for 2-3-4 days prior to the expected menstrual period (but then the accuracy will be significantly lower).
- Testing is not limited to the time of day, but the maximum accuracy of the result is guaranteed when using a urine test for the first urination after waking.
- Before you schedule the testing is not recommended drinking plenty of fluids.
- The test should be removed from the sealed foil pouch just prior to the procedure.
- Protective cap from the absorbent tip of the test must be removed.
- During urination urine stream must for 5 seconds to moisten only the absorbent tip. To prevent ingress of urine to the other part of the device, it is recommended to urinate in dry clean container and place the tip into the urine for 20 seconds.
- Used on the wet tip you need to put on the protective cap.
- The test should be to keep the tip down, but it is best to put it horizontally.
- Test time can be tracked by blinking hourglass icon that appears on the display; the test should not be touched, flip, shake, etc.
- When the blinking stops hourglass icon (about 3 minutes), the display will show the results: "+" sign indicates that you are pregnant, the icon "-" is a negative indicator. The time elapsed from the time of conception, denoted in weeks 1-2, 2-3 or 3+. The screen tester test results are about a day.
Disadvantages of electronic pregnancy test
Experts identify flaws such electronic test for pregnancy:
- if you use the test 3-4 days before the expected start of the next menstruation, the result may be incorrect;
- Not all women can get the right result first time, since the level of hCG in them is not high enough at the time of testing; requires rechecking 2-3 after the first;
- Test results will be incorrect if the woman is being treated for infertility drugs hCG injections or agents that stimulate ovulation.
Also, the results of testing with an electronic pregnancy test may be incorrect:
- if a woman is not long before a pregnancy test stopped using hormonal contraception;
- at irregular periods;
- at a recent miscarriage, abortion or pregnancy.
Electronic pregnancy test will be wrong and in the case of women having trophoblastic or germ cell tumors (dysgerminomas, ovarian teratoma, choriocarcinoma, hydatidiform mole, etc.) That produce human chorionic gonadotropin.